Preceptaustin does not have any of these books available for order. If you would like to order a booklet, you will need to contact Discovery House Publishing. Here is a link that has a list of booklets available and a form at the bottom of the page to request a specific booklet. Note also that on most of the booklets you can view in Pdf and print out a copy of the Pdf.
PLEASE NOTE: This page is a listing of the booklets available from Discovery House/Our Daily Bread Ministries. While the links will open individual booklets which you can read, if you desire to order booklets (or you want several copies of an individual booklet) you will need to contact Discovery House/Our Daily Bread using THIS CONTACT FORM or by calling them and requesting the booklet in which you are interested. The phone number of Our Daily Bread Ministries is 616-974-2210.
You can also request that they put your name on their list to get their excellent daily devotional Our Daily Bread by mail, email or mobile (highly recommended). I would also encourage you to support their excellent ministry as their "Bibliocentric" booklets and devotionals are offered free of charge so clearly they are trusting the Lord to provide through His people who are moved by the Holy Spirit.
Discovery House Publishing has graciously placed this wonderful Word centered, God glorifying, Christ exalting series of booklets online
"for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ." (Eph 4:12, 13-note).
Discovery House Publishing is a ministry of Radio Bible Class (publishers of Our Daily Bread) and are supported by voluntary donations. RBC does not solicit funds or sell your name to a mailing list. The booklets cover diverse topics always with emphasis on God's Word. The following list includes more than 160 titles, all on one page to aid searching for a specific topic. To search with the Find Box use the keystrokes Control key ["Ctrl" - bottom left keyboard] + F and then enter the topic and press find next to go to the topic. Each 20-30 page booklet can be viewed online in a PDF file or if you would rather have a copy in booklet form (e.g., to share with someone), they are available at no charge as discussed above. The booklets make excellent evangelical tracts (click discussion), especially the Reasons to Believe series.
Being “filled with the Spirit” can have different meanings to different people. It’s important to first turn to Scripture to understand who the Holy Spirit is and how He works. When we submit ourselves to Him, we are asking Him to take control or “fill us” so that our thoughts and actions are in line with what God wants. Herb Vander Lugt explains what the Spirit-filled life looks like and how we can experience it to the fullest.
Although it would be nice to believe otherwise, problems and trials are an inevitable part of life. In this excerpt of True North, author Gary Inrig encourages you to fix your compass on God as your constant reference point in navigating the storms of life. Discover how you can stay on course and weather the storm when His Word becomes the active tool for directing your life.
Jesus. Many say He was a great teacher, others claim He was a fraud. Jesus Himself said He was God. To better understand who He is and why He walked the earth, you need to turn to the Bible. Is Jesus God? The Answer Matters searches the Old and New Testament for evidence, as well as the observations of eyewitnesses and Jesus’ own affirmation to be God. Sources apart from the Bible are also examined to see what they have to say about Jesus. Take a look at the evidence to determine the trustworthiness of the Bible and ultimately the identity of Jesus. Contents Include: Looking in the Right Place, The Claims of the Bible, Who Do You Say He Is?
Names have a way of bringing meaning and trust to relationships—most importantly your relationship with God. In this booklet, author Bill Crowder studies the meaning and significance of the names “Wonderful Counselor,” “Mighty God,” “Everlasting Father,” and “Prince of Peace,” as recorded in Isaiah 9:6. Gain a deeper understanding of who God is and why He deserves your trust. Bill Crowder joined the Our Daily Bread Ministries staff after more than 20 years in the pastorate. Bill works closely with Mart DeHaan as vice president of teaching content. Bill is heard regularly on theDiscover the Word radio program and spends much of his time in a Bible-teaching ministry for Christian leaders around the world.
Love can mean different things to different people depending on their situation. That’s why Oswald Chambers reminds us to turn to Scripture to find the only true, pure form of love there is—God’s love. His love is perfect and powerful, holy and healing. We can’t even begin to comprehend it apart from His Word. God Is Love leads you to a place of understanding how God is love and how He demonstrates His love to us in amazing ways.
Is there a difference between “doing for Jesus” and “following Jesus”? While religious activities like attending church, giving money, and praying are all worthwhile, they should be done from a heart of thankfulness for what Christ did for you. He loves a broken heart who wants to serve Him rather than someone who is busy doing the “right things.” Without Jesus at the center, it’s all superficial. Understand the difference between religion and relationship so you can please God and find joy in your life.
Ephesians 2 uses the phrase “dead in your sins.” But what does that really mean? Dead means lifeless, powerless, inanimate. It means we were incapable of doing anything to change our situation. But God is loving and merciful, and He chose to give us new life. That’s the beauty of His grace—we’ve done nothing to deserve it. He simply gives it to us. And once we’re alive in Him, He gives us the privilege of walking in this new life and serving Him.
Time and time again in the Bible we see where God is faithful to His promises. They are the heart of the Bible and actually reveal His good, merciful, and trustworthy character. Explore both His conditional and unconditional promises, and know that His promises are perfect even when we don’t completely understand them. In The Promises of God, you’ll see how God is faithful to His promises, how He fulfills them, and how we can understand them. Kurt DeHaan was a vital part of the ministry that was founded by his grandfather Dr. M. R. DeHaan in 1938. He was the managing editor for Our Daily Bread for 15 years, and often wrote for other ministry publications until his death in 2003. A gifted editor and writer, Kurt had a sense of humor that was surpassed only by his gracious spirit.
No matter how you view change, it’s an inevitable part of life—you can’t experience anything new without it. In Change: Following God through Life’s Crossroads, Bill Crowder examines the life of the apostle Paul and offers insights to help you overcome fears, doubts, and resistance to change. Discover how you can draw closer to God and experience His peace, follow His lead and move into a new season of purpose, and impact the world around you for His glory. Bill Crowder joined the Our Daily Bread Ministries staff after more than 20 years in the pastorate. Bill works closely with Mart DeHaan as vice president of teaching content. Bill is heard regularly on theDiscover the Word radio program and spends much of his time in a Bible-teaching ministry for Christian leaders around the world.
Throughout history, water baptism has been widely regarded as a symbolic entry into the church, yet there are many different views on how it should be practiced. In this booklet, author and former pastor Bill Crowder shares insights from Scripture regarding the history and meaning of baptism. Gain clarity on the importance of baptism today and what can be agreed upon by all who practice it. Bill Crowder joined the Our Daily Bread Ministries staff after more than 20 years in the pastorate. Bill works closely with Mart DeHaan as vice president of teaching content. Bill is heard regularly on theDiscover the Word radio program and spends much of his time in a Bible-teaching ministry for Christian leaders around the world.
Christmas is a season when activities ramp up; and while many of these things are well and good, much of our busyness simply distracts us from the real meaning of why we celebrate. The truth of Christmas plunges us into thick reality: God humbled Himself to be born as a human baby in a smelly stable. Not only did He become fully human while also fully God, He lovingly walked among us and willingly went to the cross as the sacrificial lamb to take away the sins of everyone. Now that’s something to celebrate! Contents Include: The Promise of Christmas, A Place for God, Mary’s Little Lamb, The Boys of Bethlehem, The Heart’s Treasure, The Mess and the Messiah
There’s often confusion on what the fruit of the Spiritis and is not. It’s not a list of instructions of how we should live; rather the fruit are qualities we exhibit when we are empowered by the Holy Spirit. We are set free to live a new life in Christ, no longer indulging in selfish desires but enabled to serve one another in love. Live Free encourages us to cultivate our hearts for the Spirit to produce fruit. Dr. Constantine Campbell is an ordained deacon in the Anglican Church of Australia, a New Testament scholar, professor, author, musician, and preacher. He is Associate Professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, and lives in Illinois with his wife, Bronwyn, and their three children.
No matter what you face in life, the decisions you make determine the course of your journey. Where can you find clear direction to help you make wise choices? In God With Us, author Alice Mathews examines the decisions made by Eve and Mary that continue to impact the world from generation to generation. Discover from their stories how you can find hope in God and make choices that reflect His will for your life. Alice Mathews, PhD, served as Distinguished Professor of Educational Ministries and Women’s Ministries at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. She is the former Academic Dean for Christian University GlobalNet and cohosted the Discover the Word daily radio program for over 20 years.
God has called us to a joyful and victorious life in Him. While there’s no formula that delivers the ultimate faith-filled life, He has given us ways to daily strengthen our faith. Activities like talking with Him in prayer, reading the Bible, and serving Him and others lead us one step at a time into a deeper relationship. In God at the Center: Habits for Spiritual Growth, Luis Palau outlines clear steps we can take to build the fundamentals of faith to spiritual maturity.Contents include: Talking with God in Prayer, Reading God’s Book, Cultivating Dependence on God, Practicing Obedience to God, Serving God and Others, Becoming God’s Ambassador. Luis Palau is the author of more than 40 books, host of three international radio programs, and head of the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association. Luis has ministered in more than 70 nations and has reached more than one billion people through television, radio, print, and live events.
It’s easy to hide behind our online facades and interact in ways that we never would face-to-face. But Jesus wants to be the God of all areas of our lives, including how we communicate in the digital realm. By adopting His mindset, we are better able to live out online some of the qualities that are close to His heart . . . truthfulness, wisdom, gentleness, and love. Being Jesus Online: Biblical Wisdom for a Wired World offers some practical insights for digital discernment. Contents include: What Would Jesus Tweet?, The Heart of the Matter, Be Truthful, Be Wise, Be Gentle, Be Loving. Dennis Moles is a Bible teacher and writer for Our Daily Bread Ministries. He brings nearly 20 years of experience as a pastor, chaplain, and college professor to his work with Discovery Series, questions.org, and webinars.
Death is a blunt reminder that we live in a messy world. It is unwelcome, cold, and final. But is it really final? Do we have hope beyond the grave? Yes! Our entire Christian faith is built on the belief that Jesus Christ rose from the dead so that we can have hope beyond our earthly death. First Corinthians 15 gives beautiful testimony to His bodily resurrection and paves the way for our own resurrection. Ponder the life-giving and life-changing hope that can dismiss the fear of death and give assurance of the indescribable glory that is to come. Contents include: What is the Easter Event?, Christ’s Resurrection, Our Destiny
Understanding how to balance earthly and heavenly citizenship without compromising accountability to God has been an issue for many Christians since the beginning of human government. Citizens of the Kingdom shares historical perspectives and wisdom from the Word to help you recognize what belongs to God and what He has entrusted to government. Discover how you can pray for persons in leadership, honor their authority, and respectfully disagree.
Trusting God in every area of life can sometimes be easier said than done. In this study, author Herb Vander Lugt examines some of the factors that can lead to times of doubt,a s he shares insights from Scripture, his own experiences, and the experiences of others who have struggles with spiritual doubt. Discover how you can regain your trust in God when you are honest with Him about your feelings of disbelief.
During his many years of missionary work in India, Dr. Paul Brand developed a great appreciation for the natural world and its magnificent Creator. In this booklet, he shows how the soil under our feet can teach us many things about the soil of our hearts. Challenging us to see who we are as children of God through the beauty and wonder of His handiwork, Dr. Brand also reminds us of the responsibility God has given us to take proper care of His creation. Dr. Paul Brand is known for his missionary work in India, his medical research, and his work as a surgeon. Dr. Brand was designated Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II.
Although Christians believe the truth of the Genesis account of creation, there are still conflicting perspectives on how the early chapters of Genesis should be interpreted. In this booklet, educator and naturalist Dean Ohlman affirms the truthfulness of the Genesis account in a way that helps you respect other Christians’ differing beliefs.
Since the days of Abraham, no other nation has been as blessed or as troubled as the people of Israel. In this booklet, Mart De Haan shares biblical insights on the land and people of Israel and how the past, present, and future of a nation chosen by God will impact the entire world. Gain a better understanding of God’s protection for His chosen people and their mission to reveal to the world the God of all creation. Mart DeHaan, grandson of Our Daily Bread Ministries founder, Dr. M. R. DeHaan, and son of former president, Richard W. DeHaan, has served with the ministry for more than 30 years. Mart is heard regularly on the Discover the Word radio program and is seen on Day of Discovery television.
We normally think of pain and suffering as bad, and we do our best to avoid them. But since they are inevitable parts of life, maybe we should adjust our thinking. Instead of grumbling about our problems or blaming someone else, let’s look to the Bible to see how God uses our trials to draw us closer to Him.Why? Seeing God in Our Pain shows the root causes of our pain and suffering and allows us to see Him more clearly as a God who really does care. Contents include: The Problem of Pain, Why Do We Suffer?, The Consequences of Choice, Where is God?, The End of Suffering. Bill Crowder joined the Our Daily Bread Ministries staff after more than 20 years in the pastorate. Bill works closely with Mart DeHaan as vice president of teaching content. Bill is heard regularly on the Discover the Word radio program and spends much of his time in a Bible-teaching ministry for Christian leaders around the world.
The decisions you make in life, whether good or bad, will inevitably set the tone for years to come. Find out how you can prepare for those critical moments in this excerpt of Defining Moments: When Choices Matter Most by author Dan Schaeffer. Gain insight from the lives of two biblical characters who made wrong choices. Discover how you can make wise choices during critical times that will glorify God and positively affect your future.
In a world that is marked by uncertainty and fear, faith can sometimes be overshadowed by doubt. Many are left with a faded perspective on what lies ahead. In the pages of this booklet, author Bill Crowder shines the light to reveal a hope that can only be found in Christ. Discover how you can strengthen your faith and trust God, even in the midst of challenging times. Bill Crowder joined the Our Daily Bread Ministries staff after more than 20 years in the pastorate. Bill works closely with Mart DeHaan as vice president of teaching content. Bill is heard regularly on theDiscover the Word radio program and spends much of his time in a Bible-teaching ministry for Christian leaders around the world.
What does it mean to live a real Christian life? In an excerpt from his book Authentic Christianity, author Ray Stedman shares insights from 2 Corinthians to help you find the answer. Gain a better understanding of the unmistakable qualities of Christianity from Paul’s experiences as a follower of Jesus. Discover how you can live in total dependence on God and truly display His glory to others.
The wilderness of broken dreams can be a harsh place to dwell. Thank God there’s more to it than disappointment and suffering. The wilderness for Sheridan Voysey and his wife, Merryn, was infertility. He writes candidly about the sadness and identity loss they felt through this long time period as well as the examination of their hearts and trust in God to provide a new beginning. Using the Jews’ biblical wilderness journey as a comparison, Sheridan steers you through the emptiness and emotions that come with a broken dream and offers practical steps to see the good God is doing. Contents Include: The Wilderness of Broken Dreams, Navigating the Wilderness, Starting Again. (Watch Intro Video)
Many people find it difficult to wrap their minds around the compatibility of science and the miracles recorded in the Bible. However, science and the Bible are not in conflict. They can both be trusted to tell us truths about different things. In this booklet, author Dennis Moles presents increasing evidence to support the reliability of the Bible and its message of reconciliation and grace as he points us to Jesus—the most compelling reason to believe.
No matter what you face in life, the decisions you make determine the course of your journey. Where can you find clear direction to help you make wise choices? In Hope for the World, author Alice Mathews examines the decisions made by Eve and Mary that continue to impact the world from generation to generation. Discover from their stories how you can find hope in God and make choices that reflect His will for your life.
Sometimes the hectic demands on your day can crowd out your time with God. Find out how you can develop a regular time of Bible reading and prayer, as author Dennis Fisher offers a practical guide to help you keep your appointments with God. You’ll gain a fresh perspective on your quiet time as an opportunity to reconnect with the God of grace who is waiting to spend time with you. (See also Quiet Time: 7 Minutes With God)
Communicating with God is as important to your spiritual well-being as breathing is to your physical life. Discover how you can develop and maintain a meaningful prayer life with Haddon Robinson’s practical and insightful study of “The Lord’s Prayer” in Matthew 6. Get a better understanding and a new perspective of one of the most beloved passages of the New Testament.
When a person means to do you harm, understanding that person’s identity, appearance, whereabouts, modus operandi, intentions, and skills are things you must know,” writes Greg Dutcher. This excerpt from Dutcher’s book Living in Enemy Territory helps prepare us to battle the ultimate Enemy of all believers. We are reminded that Satan is not free to do as he pleases, that we are not battling alone, and most importantly, that Christ has already defeated him at the cross.
Grief is a journey that sooner or later we all must take,” writes counselor Tim Jackson. Sharing his personal experience and pointing us to the cross and the power of Christ’s resurrection, Jackson shows us how we can take that journey with hope. In the pages of this booklet, he walks with us through the grieving process and reminds us to “lean on our Creator and each other” for comfort.
Words have the power to impact your hopes, fears, and deepest needs, especially when they are inspired by God. In this study of Revelation 2-3, David McCasland examines Jesus’ letters to the seven churches. Although they were written long ago, you’ll discover that God’s message to His people then still applies to issues you may face today.
Unemployment can be a stressful and difficult experience, especially when it is unexpected. In this booklet, RBC Ministries staff Chuck Fridsma shares his personal journey of employment, job loss, and faith. Find hope and encouragement from his story, as he offers biblical insight and practical principles to help you respond in a way that can keep you moving forward in life.
During hardship and trouble, tough questions often arise: Where is God? How do I respond to difficulties? Is God both good and all-powerful? In the Discovery Series booklet Out of the Ashes by Bill Crowder, you’ll explore Job’s struggle with the problem of suffering. Through Job’s story, discover how you can trust God despite unanswered questions and gain a fresh perspective on the cross as God’s answer to suffering.
Wisdom, as described throughout the book of Proverbs, is about making wise decisions in the thick of life,” writes author Alice Mathews. Through a verse-by-verse examination of Proverbs 31:10-31, she shares the characteristics of wisdom. Encouraging all of us to respond to the voice of God, Mathews helps us see the value in having the proper perspective on our priorities and making choices that honor God in our daily living.
Without the assurance of forgiveness, feelings of guilt and regret can weigh you down. In this booklet, Mart De Haan helps you discover how God’s forgiveness can lift the burden of guilt and shame to give you freedom and peace to move forward in life. Gain a better understanding of God’s love and mercy, as you explore the elements of His forgiveness.
“Even hearts hardened by the heat of battles and the struggle of military service are not beyond the reach of … the power of the cross,” writes author Bill Crowder. In this booklet you’ll examine the impact of the crucifixion of Jesus on the centurion at the cross. Find insights to help you truly know Jesus through the power of His sacrifice
How do your expectations of God match up to who He really is? Author Bill Crowder helps you discover how you can expand your outlook to see the excitement of God’s revelation of Himself in Christ. You will be encouraged and challenged as you consider a surprisingly different view of God—the One who has promised, in His own time, to wonderfully exceed all of our hopes and dreams.
Sooner or later, grief touches us all. In 2006 it pierced Luke and Jodi Veldt with the sudden death of their 13-year-old daughter. The loss shook his faith, yet drove Luke to the Scriptures for answers. This excerpt from Written in Tears and the material from counselor Jeff Olson share comfort and wisdom for grieving hearts from Psalm 103. The honest cries and biblical wisdom found within these pages will benefit anyone who has lost a loved one.
Many people read the Bible, but at the same time many people struggle with understanding and applying its ideas and messages to everyday life. In the excerpt from his book Applying the Bible, Jack Kuhatschek offers a guide to reading Scripture and grasping its truths. Taking a closer look at some of the most common difficulties, he provides tools to help you overcome the barriers that get in the way of understanding God’s Word and its relevancy for you in today’s culture.
Sharing the gospel is the most important conversation we can have with someone.” But sometimes talking with people of other faiths can be challenging. In this booklet, Ajith Fernando shares from his personal experience, offering insight from Scripture and guiding principles to help you relate more wisely and lovingly. Find out how you can tell others about Jesus, be knowledgeable and respectful of differences, and stand firm in your own beliefs.
Some people struggle with their belief in miracles—did Jesus really turn water into wine, heal the sick, and raise the dead? Could the miracles written in the Bible be true? Gain a better understanding of the miracles of Jesus, as Dennis Fisher shares biblical insight into their purpose, the controversy surrounding them, and their importance to us today.
Forgiveness is one of the most misunderstood subjects in the Bible. In this except of his book Forgiveness, author Gary Inrig shares insights from Scripture to help those who are wrestling with the inability or unwillingness to forgive or to admit the need to be forgiven. Discover how you can develop a heart of true forgiveness when you rely on God’s power rather than your emotions in dealing with situations of offense.
Three thousand years ago Solomon wrote, “Wisdom is more profitable than silver, and her wages are better than gold… Nothing you desire can compare with her” (Prov. 3:14-15NLT). From a series of Been Thinking About articles written by Mart De Haan, you’ll gain insight into the wisdom of the Bible. Discover how you not only can have knowledge of Scripture, but also understanding to apply it to your daily living.
In a society that has seemingly dismissed the issues of the heart, outward appearances have become the source of determining beauty and self-worth. This excerpt from Regina Franklin’s book Who Calls Me Beautiful? offers insights to help you recognize the value of your identity in God. Discover how you can get your heart in the right place, display an attitude that reflects your faith, and allow the beauty of Christ to shine through you.
How can you follow Jesus and develop a relationship of love and trust? In the booklet Discipled by Jesus, author Alice Matthews shares an excerpt from her book A Woman Jesus Can Teach. Gain insights from the life of Mary Magdalene and her encounter with Jesus. Discover how your faith can be strengthened, your priorities can be aligned with God’s will, and how you can allow Jesus to lead you in every area of your life.
Some people try to have Christianity without the Cross, because the Cross is bloody and offensive.
Although many people have heard of Jesus through the pages of the Bible, there are still some who struggle with their belief. In this booklet, Dave Branon examines the evidence that expresses both the claims of the Bible and of Christ Himself—that He is indeed God in the flesh. Gain deeper insight into your relationship with Jesus and the importance of your faith in Him as your only way to God.
Since the days of Abraham, no other nation has been as blessed or as troubled as the people of Israel. In this booklet, Mart De Haan shares biblical insights on the land and people of Israel and how the past, present, and future of a nation chosen by God will impact the entire world. Gain a better understanding of God’s protection for His chosen people and their mission to reveal to the world the God of all creation.
As much as we want to talk to God, sometimes it’s difficult to find words that express the emotions of our hearts. Author James Banks shares prayers from biblical characters to show us how we can use God’s own Word to talk to Him through every season of life. We are reminded that “He wants to bless us and draw us near with love that gives life to our souls,” and we’re encouraged to approach God just as we are with our praises and petitions.
Is it possible we have been misled into thinking we can solve our problems with prayer?
- The Real Gift of Christmas
- C. S. Lewis: The Story Of A Converted Mind
- When God Isn’t Answering Your Prayer: Psalm 77
- See Discovery Series Main Page for Newest Booklets
- How Can I Know There Is A God? Evidences for God's existence
- How Does God Keep His Promises? Trusting God on His terms
- How Much Does God Control? Loving a God who is all-powerful and good
- Why Would A Good God Allow Suffering? Finding goodness in trouble (Related questions from Gotquestions.org)
- Why does God allow the innocent to suffer?
- Was it unfair for God to allow Job to suffer over what was basically an argument between God and Satan?
- Why does God allow us to go through trials and tribulations?
- Why does God test us?
- What is the biblical solution to the problem of evil?
- Why does God allow natural disasters, i.e. earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis?
- Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?
- Why does God allow evil?
- Why did God allow the Holocaust?
- Does God sometimes use evil to accomplish His plans (Habakkuk 1:5-11)?
- How can I believe in the goodness of God when there is so much evil in the world?
- Why does God allow sickness?
- Why does God allow deception?
- What is the definition of evil?
- Did God create evil?
- What does the Bible say about suffering?
- Why do so many people have to experience terrible suffering before death?
- Is God cruel?
- How can a Christian cope while suffering with a degenerative disease?
- Is it sometimes God's will for believers to be sick?
- Is it wrong to question God?
- Do Christians Believe In Three Gods? Implications of the Trinity (Or here) (Related questions from Gotquestions.org)
- What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?
- How can Jesus be God if Deuteronomy 6:4 says that God is one?
- What are some popular illustrations of the Holy Trinity?
- How is the doctrine of the Trinity not tritheism?
- What is the ontological Trinity?
- How can there be subordination in the Trinity?
- Do Mormons believe in the Trinity?
- Will we be able to see all three members of the Trinity in Heaven?
- What is Trinitarianism? Is Trinitarianism biblical?
- What is Binitarianism? Is Binitarianism biblical?
- The Shack by William P. Young - a review
- The Trinity: The Blessing of God’s Grace, Love, and Fellowship
- God Our Father - What it means to be His child
- Questions Skeptics Ask About The God Of The Old Testament (Or here)
- The Surprising Side of God (Or here)
- The Power of the Cross (Or here)
- The Mockery and Majesty of the Cross (Or here)
- Did Christ Really Rise From The Dead? Evidence for the resurrection of Christ (Or here) (Related questions from Gotquestions.org)
- Why is the truth of the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ so important?
- Why does it matter that Jesus rose from the dead?
- Who resurrected Jesus?
- Where does the saying ‘He is risen; He is risen, indeed’ come from?
- Why should I believe in Christ’s resurrection?
- Why is the truth of the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ so important?
- Can the various resurrection accounts from the four Gospels be harmonized?
- What does it mean that Jesus rose “again”?
- How can I avoid being a doubting Thomas?
- What is the importance of the empty tomb?
- Is the resurrection of Jesus Christ true?
- Is Jesus dead?
- Is raising the dead still possible today?
- What is the Swoon Theory? Did Jesus survive the crucifixion?
- What makes Christianity unique?
- Why didn't the disciples always recognize Jesus after His resurrection?
- Is Christianity a religion or a relationship?
- What is true religion?
- What does it mean to have a personal relationship with God?
- The Lord Is My Shepherd - Rest for a troubled heart (Or here) (Related questions from Gotquestions.org)
- The Real Gift of Christmas (Or here)
- Mystery of the Manger - Exploring the Whole Story of Christmas
- The Light of the World (Related: What did Jesus mean when He said, “I am the Light of the World” (John 8:12)?)
- The Mind Of Christ (Related questions from Gotquestions.org)
- The Miracles Of Jesus
- Scandalous Savior -- How Jesus Revealed the Heart of God
- Signs and Wonders - The miracles of Jesus (Or here)
- The Passion Of Christ: Reflecting On History’s Darkest Hour
- The Jewish Tradition Of Two Messiahs
- Compassion: Learning to Love Like Jesus
- The Amazing Prophecy Of Names - A study of Isaiah's names for the Savior
- Kingdom Living Part 1 – Embracing The Virtues Of The King
- Kingdom Living Part 2 – Following the King
- Related topic - Messianic Prophecies
- Keeping the Faith The Cost
- Free In The Spirit - Relying on the Spirit for victory over sin (Or here)
- Filled With the Spirit
- What About Speaking In Tongues? - Positive ways of responding to the controversy
- Should We Expect More From The Spirit? - Are signs and wonders for today?
- Why Would Anyone Want To Be Holy? Discover what God expects from us (Or here)
- The Promise Of The Spirit - Promise, person, presence, and power of the Spirit
- How Can I Understand The Bible? - Principles for practical Bible study
- Beyond Reasonable Doubt: The Truth About the Bible (Or here)
- Can I Really Trust The Bible? - Evidence for the Bible's inspiration
- Studies In Contrast: Resolving Alleged Contradictions In The Bible
- How Can I Know God Through His Book? - Learning from its plots, characters, and moods (Or here)
- What We Believe? - A summary of 10 important doctrines
- The Greatest Story Ever Told - A re-telling of God's story for man
- The Holidays Of God: The Fall Feasts (Or here)
- The Holidays Of God: The Spring Feasts (Or here)
- How Can We Trust A Bible That Tolerated Slavery? (Related questions from Gotquestions.org)
- Knowing God Through The Whole Bible (Or here)
- Knowing God Through The Old Testament (Or here)
- Knowing God Through The New Testament (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Genesis (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Exodus (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Job (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Proverbs (Or here)
- Proverbs - The Call of Wisdom (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Isaiah (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Ezekiel (Or here)
- Malachi - How Has God Loved Us?
- Knowing God Through Zechariah (Or here)
- Knowing God Through John (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Acts (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Romans (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Galatians (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Thessalonians (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Hebrews (Or here)
- Knowing God Through 1 Peter (Or here)
- 1 John on assurance of salvation - The Assurance Of Salvation
- Jude: Recognizing The Danger Among Us (Or here)
- Knowing God Through Revelation (Or here)
- Revelation 2-3 - Life-Changing Messages From The Risen Lord
- What If It’s True? Examining Four Important Spiritual Questions
- Why We Believe - Evidences for Christian Faith
- Truth with Love- Sharing the Story of Jesus - Sharing the Gospel
- How Can I Break The Silence? - Strategies for sharing faith in Christ
- Do I Have The Right Kind Of Faith? - Examining eight wrong objects of faith
- Does God Grade On A Curve? Passing Life’s Final Exam
- Safe & Secure - The Permanence Of Salvation (Another Source)
- The Forgiveness Of God - Lift the Burden of Guilt & Shame
- Accepted By God: Our Justification Through Christ
- The Assurance Of Salvation - Study in 1 John on assurance of salvation
- God’s Choice Or Ours? - Predestination & Election (Related questions from Gotquestions.org)
- The Forgiveness Of God - The depth of God's mercy (Or here)
- What Does God Think Of Me Now? - Understanding our position in Christ
- What About Those Who Have Never Heard? - The plight of those without the gospel (Related questions from Gotquestions.org)
- What happens to those who have never heard about Jesus?
- Can a person be saved through general revelation?
- Is it necessary to fully understand the Gospel to go to heaven? Is it enough to believe it, even if we do not fully understand it?
- Will there be a second chance for salvation after the Rapture?
- How were people saved before Jesus died for our sins?
- What happens to babies and young children when they die?
- Do mentally ill people go to heaven?
- Inclusivism vs. exclusivism - what does the Bible say?
- What Is A Personal Relationship With God? - Conditions for knowing God
- C. S. Lewis: The Story Of A Converted Mind (Or here)
- Narnia: The Story Behind The Stories (Or here) (Related questions from Gotquestions.org)
- Who was C.S. Lewis?
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- The Magician's Nephew
- Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- The Silver Chair
- Horse and His Boy
- Prince Caspian
- The Last Battle
- What are the Christian themes in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader?
- What are the Christian themes in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe?
- Should a Christian read the Chronicles of Narnia series or see the movies?
- Why Does It Make Sense To Believe In Christ? - Evidence for the reasonableness of Christian faith (Or here)
- A Message for All Time - Overcoming Barriers to Understanding (
- 10 Reasons To Believe In The Christian Faith
- 10 Reasons To Believe In A God Who Allows Suffering
- 10 Reasons To Believe Christ Rose From The Dead
- 10 Reasons God Offers the Perfect Gift
- 10 Reasons To Believe In The Bible
- 10 Reasons To Believe In The Existence of God
- 10 Reasons To Believe God Became A Man
- 10 Reasons To Believe In Christ Rather Than Religion
- 10 Reasons To Believe In Life After Death
- Abigail & Leah: Living In A Difficult Marriage
- Building Blocks To A Strong Marriage
- God's Protection of Women (Or here)
- What Is The Promise Of Marriage? (Or here)
- What Does God Expect Of A Man?
- What Does God Expect Of A Woman?
- Singleness: The Misunderstood World Of Single Adults
- How Can A Parent Find Peace Of Mind? (Or here)
- How Can I Know Who To Marry?
- Divorce And Remarriage
- Baptism & The Lord’s Supper
- Developing The Art Of Gracious Disagreement: Surviving Church Conflict
- How To Recognize A Good Church
- Jude: Recognizing The Danger Among Us
- Life-Changing Messages From The Risen Lord (Or here)
- What Does The Bible Say About Women In Ministry?
- The Heart of Effective Ministry (Or here)
- The Church We Need (Or here)
- Who Qualifies To Be A Church Leader?
- Your Pastor And You (Or here)
- The Risk of Forgiveness (Or here)
- Avoiding The Dangers Of Superficial Forgiveness
- The Forgiveness Of God - Lift the Burden of Guilt & Shame (Or here)
- When Forgiveness Seems Impossible (Or here)
- What Is True Forgiveness?
- After the Hurricane (Or here)
- AIDS: Finding Hope And Compassion (Or here)
- Are We Alone In The Cosmos? (Or here)
- Celebrating The Wonder Of A Tree (Or here)
- Celebrating The Wonder Of Creation (Or here)
- Celebrating the Wonder of Soil (Or here)
- Celebrating The Wonder Of Water (Or here)
- Celebrating The Wonder of the Wilderness (Or here)
- All Creation Sings (Or here)
- The Genesis Account of Creation: Defusing The Creation Controversy (See related questions below from Gotquestions.org)
- What caused the extinction of the dinosaurs?
- What does the Bible say about dinosaurs? Are there dinosaurs in the Bible?
- What does the Bible say about dragons?
- What was the leviathan?
- How does young earth creationism handle the evidence for millions of years in the fossil record?
- What is the age of the earth? How old is the earth?
- Finding Peace In A World Of Racial Conflict
- God’s Good Earth
- How To Identify A Dangerous Religious Group (Or here)
- Narnia: The Story Behind The Stories (Or here)
- Paradise Lost - Rediscovering God's Design for Sexuality
- Right & Wrong: A Case For Moral Absolutes (See also What is moral relativism?)
- Self-Esteem: What Does The Bible Say? (See also How should a Christian view self-esteem?)
- The Da Vinci Code: Separating Fact From Fiction (Or here)(See related articles)
- They Called Me Christ Killer
- Violence: Why It Happens (Or here)
- What’s The Appeal Of The New Age Movement?
- Why In The World Am I Here? (Or here)
- Life-Changing Messages From The Risen Lord - Revelation 2-3 (Or here)
- Designed For Desire: God’s Design For Sexuality
- How Can I Live With My Loss?
- When A Man’s Eye Wanders: Breaking The Power Of Pornography
- Resisting The Lure: Recognizing The Dangers Of Sexual Temptation
- When A Spouse Is Unfaithful (Or here)
- When Anger Burns (Or here)
- When Disappointment Deceives (Or here)
- When Fear Seems Overwhelming: Finding Courage & Hope
- Hope for the World
- When Forgiveness Seems Impossible (Or here)
- What Is True Forgiveness?
- When Help Is Needed: A Biblical View Of Counseling
- When Hope Is Lost: Dealing With Depression
- When Words Hurt - Verbal Abuse in Marriage (Or here)
- When Power Is Misused: Finding The True Strength Of A Man
- When The Flame Flickers: Rekindling Intimacy In Your Marriage
- When The Pain Won’t Go Away: Dealing With The After effects Of Abortion
- When Tears Remain - Wisdom for grieving hearts from Psalm 103 (Or here)
- When Tragedy Strikes: Finding Security In A Vulnerable World
- When Trust Is Lost: Healing For Victims Of Sexual Abuse
- When Violence Comes Home: Help For Victims Of Spouse Abuse
- When We Don’t Measure Up: Escaping The Grip Of Guilt
- When We Just Can’t Stop: Overcoming Addiction
- When We Love Too Much: Escaping The Control Of Codependency
- Life After Loss: Grieving with Hope
- Anchors In The Storm (Or here)
- When You're Left Behind - Surviving the Aftermath of Suicide (Or here) (See related questions below from Gotquestions.org)
- What is the Christian view of suicide? What does the Bible say about suicide?
- If a Christian commits suicide, is he/she still saved?
- Why should I not commit suicide?
- Do we have an appointed time of death?
- What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?
- What is the unpardonable sin / unforgivable sin?
- What does the Bible say about depression? How can a Christian overcome depression?
- The Strength of Weakness (Or here)
- Overcoming Worry (Or here)
- It’s Not Fair: Trusting God When Life Doesn't Make Senser (Or here)
- Is There Life After Death?
- Just Before Heaven: The Judgment Seat Of Christ (see related topics from Gotquestions.org)
- What is the Judgment Seat of Christ / Bema Seat of Christ?
- What is the Great White Throne Judgment?
- What are all the different judgments in the Bible?
- What does the Bible say about when God will judge us?
- What does it mean that judgment begins at the house of God?
- What are the definitions of some common theological terms?
- What happens at the final judgment?
- What is the purpose of there being rewards in heaven?
- Our Eternal Home (Or here)
- Questions Skeptics Ask About Messianic Prophecy (Or here)
- The Daniel Papers
- Why Israel Can’t Be Ignored (Or here) (see related topics from Gotquestions.org)
- Should Christians support the nation of Israel?
- Are Israel and the church the same thing? Does God still have a plan for Israel?
- Why did God choose Israel to be His chosen people?
- Did God give Israel the Promised Land for all time (Deuteronomy 4:40)?
- What is replacement theology / supersessionism?
- hat is Israel's role in the end times?
- Will all Israel be saved in the end times?
- What is the land that God promised to Israel?
- Should Israel be building settlements in the occupied territories, i.e., the West Bank and East Jerusalem?
- What is Zionism / Christian Zionism?
- Why should we pray for the peace of Jerusalem?
- What is Messianic Judaism?
- Why do Jews and Arabs / Muslims hate each other?
- Why do most Jews reject Jesus as the Messiah?
- What Can We Know About The Antichrist? (see related topics from Gotquestions.org)
- Who is the antichrist?
- What is the Antichrist?
- What is the unholy trinity in the end times?
- What is the meaning of 666?
- Islamic antichrist? Will the antichrist be a Muslim?
- Who is the beast of Revelation?
- What does it mean that there will be false christs in the end times?
- Who is the false prophet of the end times?
- What Can We Know About The Endtimes?
- What Can We Know About The Second Coming?
- What Does The Bible Say About Hell? (see related topics from Gotquestions.org)
- Questions about Heaven, Hell, and Eternity
- Where is hell? What is the location of hell?
- Does hell exist?
- Is hell literally a place of fire and brimstone?
- How is eternity in hell a fair punishment for sin?
- How is an eternity in hell a just punishment for only a human lifetime of sin?
- Who will go to hell?
- Why does God send people to hell?
- How can a loving God send someone to hell?
- What does it mean that hell is eternal separation from God?
- Why is the idea of eternal damnation so repulsive to many people?
- Does heaven exist?
- What does hell look like? How hot is hell?
- Is hell real? Is hell eternal?
- How can I not go to hell?
- Is Satan the master of hell? Do Satan and his demons punish people in hell?
- How Do You Live the Christian Life?
- Lonely But Never Alone - Hope and comfort when facing loneliness
- Life After Loss: Grieving with Hope
- Hope for the World
- Joseph: Overcoming Life's Challenges (Or here)
- Moses: His Anger And What It Cost Him (Or here)
- Poor Choices and Missed Opportunities: The Mistakes of King Saul
- Elijah: An Ordinary Man In Extraordinary Times
- David & Manasseh: Overcoming Failure!
- Daniel: Spiritual Living In A Secular Culture (Or here)
- The Failure Of Success: The Story Of Jonah (Or here)
- Anticipating The Birth of Christ - Simon and Anna
- Discipled by Jesus- Mary Magdalene’s Walk of Faith (Or here)
- Simon Peter: A Rock Moved By God
- Judas Son Of Darkness (Or here)
- God's Protection of Women (Or here)
- Eve & Rahab: Learning To Make Better Choices
- Mary & Joseph: Reflecting On The Wonder Of Christmas
- Mary & Martha: Balancing Life’s Priorities
- Ruth & Hannah: Learning To Walk By Faith
- John The Baptizer: Why Did Jesus Call Him Great?
- Experiencing Intimacy With God
- What Is True Forgiveness?
- In His Presence: Spending Time With God (Or here)
- Transformed in His Image - Your Identity in God (Or here)
- Life-Changing Messages From The Risen Lord (Or here)
- Let’s Pray (Or here)
- Windows on the World - A Comparison of Major Worldviews
- Missing the Mission? Disciples in an Age of Abundance
- Jesus' Blueprint For Prayer - A study of the Lord's Prayer (Or here)
- When God Isn’t Answering Your Prayer: Psalm 77
- Praying With Confidence - Overcoming disappointment in prayer
- Moving Mountains The Practice of Persistent Prayer
- How Can I Break The Silence? - Strategies for sharing faith in Christ
- Navigating The Storms Of Life
- When You Don't Know What to Say (Or here)
- Cultivating A Heart Of Contentment
- How Can I Share My Faith Without An Argument? - Letting God do the work of evangelism (Or here)
- How Can I Know What God Wants Me To Do? - Finding the will of God?
- What Do You Do With A Broken Relationship? - A pattern for reconciliation
- When You Feel Like Running Away
- Transformed Lives - Principles from 1 Thessalonians 1 and 2
- Confident Living in a Competitive World
- How Can I Find Satisfaction In My Work? - Finding significance in any job
- Now What? A Healing Journey Through Job Loss
- Finishing Well - Gracefully living with life's changes
- Why Christians Doubt (Or here)
- Why Is Life So Unfair?
- What Is Real Love - God's definition of love from 1 Corinthians 13
- What Does The Bible Say About Peace?
- When The Going Gets Tough (Or here)
- How To Have A Revival - Living a life of obedience (Or here)
- What Can I Do With My Worry? - Turning anxiety into trust
- What Does The Bible Say About Patience? (Or here)
- Out of the Ashes - Where is God? (Or here)
- Finding Hope in a Hopeless World (no longer available) but see Hope: Choosing Faith Instead of Fear
- See devotional Finding Hope
- See articles under Topic "Hope"
- What In The World Is Satan Doing?
- Know the Enemy: Revealing Truths About Satan
- What Can We Learn From The Angels?
- Do You Believe In Magic? Interacting With The Spirit World
- HOW TO PERFORM A QUICK GREEK WORD STUDY - using tools on Web
- GREEK QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE - verb tense, voice, mood
- INTRODUCTION TO INDUCTIVE BIBLE STUDY
- OBSERVATION: What does it say?
- INTERPRETATION: What does it mean?
- APPLICATION: How do I respond?
- INTERPRETATION - supernaturalistic, naturalistic, existential, dogmatic
- BIBLE VERSIONS How Literal is your translation?
- BIBLE COMMENTARIES Some recommendations and caveats
- PRIMER ON MEDITATION - guidelines on this vital spiritual discipline
- SEVEN MINUTES WITH GOD - "Jumpstart" your quiet time if its too "quiet"
- DAILY LIGHT ON THE DAILY PATH - Sola Scriptura updated from KJV to NAS
- A FEW GOOD CHRISTIAN BOOKS ONLINE - but be discerning
- BASICS OF BIBLE INTERPRETATION - Greek, Hebrew, Figures of speech