This is a question I have received from believers many times over the past 38 years (they knew of my lifelong interest in Bible prophecy).
What will happen to Israel and the Jews according to the Bible?
The eighteenth century German emperor, Frederick the Great once asked his personal physician, Zimmermann
“Zimmermann, can you name me a single proof of the existence of God?”
Zimmermann succinctly replied
“Your Majesty, the Jews!”
Throughout centuries of persecution, pogroms, discrimination, and genocide, God has preserved this small ethnic group despite repeated attempts to annihilate them! And yet many believers remain unsure of what God’s future plan is for the nation of Israel and the Jews.
Some 2500 years ago the prophet Jeremiah wrote “
Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, ‘Write all the words which I have spoken to you in a book. For, behold, days are coming,’ declares the LORD, ‘when I will restore the fortunes of My people Israel and Judah.’ The LORD says, ‘I will also bring them back to the land that I gave to their forefathers, and they shall possess it.” (Jer 30:3+)
In Isaiah 66:8 God asked a question
“Can a land be born in one day? Can a nation be brought forth all at once?” (Isaiah 66:8)
And then on “one day” in May 14, 1948 Israel became a nation, against all odds. And so it is clear that God has restored the nation of Israel and preserved the people of Israel, and yet there is still much uncertainty regarding their future.
In attempting to provide an answer to that question, I happened to run across a small book this week entitled “The Jewish Problem” which was written in 1891 by David Baron a Jewish believer in the Messiah.
A T Pierson a highly respected 19th century Christian writer had this to say about Baron’s book
“It is not too much to say that, to understand this address and to grasp its great expository argument, is to get the key to all Scriptures pertaining to the past, present, or future, of God’s ancient people. This little brochure is called the “The Jewish Problem”; it deserves to be called the “Problem Solved”—for it is the solution of the historic and prophetic enigma. I commend it to every candid student of the Word of God, and especially to all who pray for the restoration of Israel.”
And so if you have questions regarding God’s plan for Israel and the Jews, David Baron’s old (1891), but still very relevant book is posted on preceptaustin.org for your perusal – there are minor grammatical changes, a few explanatory notes and addition of many links to specific Scriptures alluded to by Mr Baron, so that you might be a Berean (Acts 17:11+) and see whether or not you agree with his exposition.
GOD IS NOT FINISHED WITH ISRAEL!
So in the meantime, as we await God's fulfillment of His promises to the nation of Israel, may God find all His children continue to
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. May all who love this city prosper.”(Ps 122:6+) In Christ. Amen
Israel - A Nation is Born - 6 part series - narrated by Abba Eban - God "resurrects" the nation of Israel after almost 2000 years of non-existence! If you have never watched this compelling documentary, it is an absolute must see if you love the nation of Israel. You will hear almost no Bible verses (there are a few allusions), but you will repeatedly see the sovereign hand of God behind the scenes controlling the scenes He is behind. You will see that history truly is "HIS Story!" (NOTE: You will probably see a "warning" at the beginning of the video which says "The following content may contain graphic or violent imagery." It is interesting that this warning was NOT present 5 years ago!!!)
- Israel - A Nation is Born - part 1
- Israel - A Nation is Born - part 2
- Israel - A Nation is Born - part 3
- Israel - A Nation is Born - part 4
- Israel - A Nation is Born - part 5 (go to the beginning of video)
- Israel - A Nation is Born - part 6
- Zechariah 12-14 gives an incredible prophetic picture (and promise) regarding the nation of Israel. Read my verse by verse commentary of these incredible prophecies regarding the future of the the nation of Israel...
Zechariah 12 Commentary
Zechariah 13 Commentary
Zechariah 14 Commentary
- Jeremiah also gives an incredible prophecy regarding the future of the nation of Israel in Jeremiah 30-33, what some commentators have referred to as "The Book of Consolation"...
Jeremiah 30 Commentary
Jeremiah 30:7-The Time of Jacob's Trouble
Jeremiah 31 Commentary
Jeremiah 32 Commentary
Jeremiah 33 Commentary
- Another prophet Ezekiel has a series of incredible prophecies regarding the future of the nation of Israel in...
Ezekiel 36 Commentary
Ezekiel 37 Commentary
Ezekiel 38 Commentary
Ezekiel 39 Commentary
- Paul Wilbur’s haunting rendition of “Shalom Jerusalem”
- The Jewish Problem by David Baron (1891)
- Remnant of Israel
- Western Wall-"Wailing Wall"
- The Israel of God - Galatians 6:16
- What is replacement theology / supersessionism? | GotQuestions.org
- Jeremiah 30:7-The Time of Jacob's Trouble
- Israel The Wife of Jehovah
- Daniel 9:24-27 and Conversion of Leopold Cohn