Click chart to enlarge
Chart from recommended resource Jensen's Survey of the OT - used by permission
|Summary Chart of
The Book of Genesis
|Topics||Beginning of the Human Race
(Race As A Whole)
|Beginning of the Hebrew Race
(Family of Abraham)
|Faithfulness of Mankind
|Faithfulness of One Man's Family
From Eden to Ur
From Canaan to Egypt
(20% of Genesis)
|About 300 Years
193 Yr in Canaan, 93 Yr in Egypt
(80% of Genesis)
- Genesis 3:1-6 The Origin and Fact of the First Human Sin
- Genesis 3:6 Why Did God Permit Sin?
- Genesis 3:7-15 The Way Back To God
- Genesis 3:16-24 The Consequences Of The Fall
CAMBRIDGE BIBLE FOR SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
ROBERT S CANDLISH
STEVEN COLE - highly recommended
- How Temptation Works (Genesis 3:1-7)
- Where Are You? (Genesis 3:7-15)
- The Curse and The Covering (Genesis 3:16-24)
W A CRISWELL
- Genesis 3:9 The Beginning of Grace
- Genesis 3-5 The Eternal Conflict
- Genesis 3:14 The Beginning and the End of Satan
- Genesis 3:21 Theology of Atonement
- Genesis 3:7-11 Why Does God Hide Himself?
- Genesis 3: The Beginning and the End of Death
- Genesis 3:21-24 The Beginning and the End of Grace
- Genesis 3:16-19 The Beginning and the End of Sorrows
- Genesis 3:20 The Seed of the Woman
JOHN CUMMING - 1854
AUGUST DILMAN - 1897
J LIGON DUNCAN III, et. al.
- Christmas Viewed from Afar: Eden Genesis 3:1-24 Derek Thomas
- The Seed of the Woman Genesis 3:1-24 David Strain
- The Seed Genesis 3:1-19
- The Fall 1 Genesis 3:1-7
- Christmas Viewed from Afar - The Promised Seed Genesis 3:8-19 Derek Thomas
- The Promised Seed Genesis 3:8
- Nine Lessons and Carols - Christmas from Afar Genesis 3:8-19 Derek Thomas
- The Blessings of the Curses Genesis 3:14-24
EXPLORE THE BIBLE
JAMIESON, FAUSSET, BROWN
F C COOK, EDITOR (1871)
S R DRIVER
EXPOSITOR'S BIBLE - Marcus Dods
ARNO C. GAEBELEIN
GRACE NOTES - 892 pages
- Genesis Verse by Verse - Pastor William E Wenstrom - 27 pages
- 750 Quiz Questions on the Book of Genesis
L M GRANT
- Were Adam and Eve saved? How many children did Adam and Eve have? When were Adam and Eve created?
- Who was Eve in the Bible?
- What does it mean that God gave humanity dominion over the animals?
- Why did God use Adam's rib to create Eve?
- What does it mean that a wife is supposed to be a helpmeet / help meet?
- Was Satan the serpent in Genesis chapter 3?
- Was Adam with Eve when she spoke to the serpent (Genesis 3:6)?
- What is the meaning of the tree of life?
- Was Adam and Eve's sin really about eating a piece of forbidden fruit?
- Did God literally and visibly walk in the garden (Genesis 3:8)?
- How is a woman’s desire for her husband a curse (Genesis 3:16)?
- Why didn’t Adam and Eve immediately die for their sin (Genesis 3)?
- Why did God punish women with pain in childbirth (Genesis 3:16)?
- Is it wrong to reduce birth pains by taking pain relievers?
- What is the Adamic covenant?
- What is the Protoevangelium?
- Did we all inherit sin from Adam and Eve?
- How did the Fall affect humanity?
- What is the location of the Garden of Eden?
- Why did God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden?
- Why didn't Adam and Eve find it strange that a serpent was talking to them?
- How did the knowledge of good and evil make man like God (Genesis 3:22)?
- Why was it wrong for Adam and Eve to know good and evil (Genesis 3:22)?
- Why did God have the cherubim guard just the east side of Eden (Genesis 3:24)?
GOSPEL COALITION - Genesis Resources
- Genesis Messages - mostly Mp3 - following have transcripts
- Sin and the Fall D. A. Carson Genesis 3
- Protoevangelium of Genesis 3:15 Dante Spencer
W H GRIFFITH-THOMAS
WILLIAM H GREEN 1895
JAMES HASTINGS GREAT TEXTS OF THE BIBLE
- Genesis 3:6-13 Flimsy Excuses
- Genesis 3:17-19 Work: Sweet or Sweat?
- Genesis 3:20; 4:1 Eve: The Mother of All Living
S LEWIS JOHNSON
LOWELL JOHNSON - sermons
- The Invasion of Planet Earth Genesis 3:1-7
- The Blame Game Genesis 3:8-19
- Farewell to Paradise Genesis 3:20-24
KEIL & DELITZSCH
- Genesis 3 Busenitz, Irvin A. “Woman’s Desire for Man: Genesis 3:16 Reconsidered,” Grace Theological Journal 7.2 (1986) 203-12.
- Genesis 3 Foh, Susan T. "What Is the Woman's Desire?" Westminster Theological Journal 37 (1974/75) 376-83.
- Genesis 2-3 Stefanovic, Zdravko. “The Great Reversal: Thematic Links between Genesis 2 and 3,” Andrews University Seminary Studies 32.1-2 (1994) 47-56.
- Genesis 3 Woudstra, M. H. “Recent Translations of Genesis 3:15,” Calvin Theological Journal 6 (1971) 194-203.
- Genesis 3:15 The Skull Crushing Seed of the Woman: Inner-Biblical Interpretation of Genesis 3:15 James Hamilton
- Genesis 3:15 Spencer, Dante - Protoevangelium of Genesis 3:15
- I. Adam, or Man - also on this page the topics below
- II. Man's Way
- III. The Fruit of Man's Way
- IV. The Remedy for Man
- Genesis 3:1 The Serpent
- Western Traditions of the Serpent and the Fall
- Eastern Traditions of the Fall
- Man After the Fall
- Genesis 3
PAUL E KRETZMANN - Lutheran Perspective
GARY KUKIS These Pdf files are very in depth studies including several Bible translations, word studies and comments.
H C LEUPOLD
LIGONIER - Devotionals
- The Crafty Serpent Genesis 3:1a
- The Forbidden Fruit Genesis 3:1b-5
- The Crafty Serpent Genesis 3:1–5
- The Covenant of Grace Genesis 3
- Covenant of Works II Genesis 3
- Covenant of Works, Part 2 Genesis 3
- And He Ate Devotional Genesis 3:6-7
- The Loss And Restoration Of Liberty Genesis 3:6-7
- They Hid Themselves Genesis 3:8
- Where Are You? Genesis 3:9-10
- The Truth Comes Out Genesis 3:11-13
- Genesis 3:1-7 What is Sin?
- Genesis 3:1-7 The Breadth and Depth of Sin
- Genesis 3:1-7 The Origin of Evil
- Genesis 3:1-5 The Fall of Man - 1
- Genesis 3:6-7 The Fall of Man - 2
- Genesis 3:8-13 Confrontation in Eden
- Genesis 3:14-15 The Curse on the Serpent - 1
- Genesis 3:14-15 The Curse on the Serpent - 2
- Genesis 3:16 The Curse on the Woman - 1
- Genesis 3:16 The Curse on the Woman - 2
- Genesis 3:17-19 The Curse on the Man - 1
- Genesis 3:17-19 The Curse on the Man - 2
- Genesis 3:20-24 The First Sacrifice
- Genesis 3:20-21 The Promise of Redemption - 1
- Genesis 3:20-24 The Promise of Redemption - 2
J VERNON MCGEE
C H MACKINTOSH
J MIKE MINNIX
G CAMPBELL MORGAN
- Genesis 3:1 serpent subtil he said hath God said
- Genesis 3:3 touch it
- Genesis 3:4 the serpent
- Genesis 3:5 be as gods knowing good and evil
- Genesis 3:6 make one wise he did eata
- Genesis 3:7 naked fig leaves
- Genesis 3:8 walking in the garden
- Genesis 3:10 hid myself
- Genesis 3:11 Hast thou eaten
- Genesis 3:14 cursed above all cattle
- Genesis 3:15 enmity between thee her seed bruise thy headbruise his heel
- Genesis 3:16 multiply thy sorrow rule over thee
- Genesis 3:17 unto Adam cursed is the ground for thy sake
- Genesis 3:18 thistles
- Genesis 3:19 sweat of thy face dust thou art
- Genesis 3:20 Eve all living
- Genesis 3:21 coats of skin
- Genesis 3:22 as one of us tree of life live for ever
- Genesis 3:23 sent him forth
- Genesis 3:24 Cherubims
J G MURPHY
- Genesis 3 - A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Book of Genesis, with a new translation (1867)
OUR DAILY BREAD
- Genesis 3:1-6 Too Strict
- Genesis 3:1–10 God Calling
- Genesis 3:1–13 God’s Care for Us
- Genesis 3:1-7 Did You Say No?
- Genesis 3 Will We Pass The Test?
- Genesis 3:1-6 Doubting God
- Genesis 3:1-13 The Chimp’s Birthday Card
- Genesis 3:1-7 God Is Good
- Genesis 3:17-24 The Forest And The Tree.
- Genesis 3:1-8 The Choice
- Genesis 3:1-6 Too Strict
- Genesis 3:5 Beware Of What You Want
- Genesis 3:6-13,22-24 The Big Stink
- Genesis 3:6-24 Nowhere to Hide
- Genesis 3:7-13 Hiding From God
- Genesis 3:8–17 Listening to God
- Genesis 3:9-19 You Can’t Say That!
- Genesis 3:9 Hide-and-Seek
- Genesis 3:15 The Great Crescendo
- Genesis 3:1-10 Where Are You
- Genesis 3:1–7 Watchful and Alert
- Genesis 3:1-8 Is He Good?
- Genesis 3:8 Eyes Tightly Shut
- Genesis 3:1 Drifting Away
A W PINK - Gleanings in Genesis
- Genesis 3:1-13 Abortion and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
- Genesis 3:1-5 The Fall of Satan and the Victory of Christ
- Genesis 3:16, 4:7 Manhood & Womanhood Conflict & Confusion After the Fall
PREACHER'S HOMILETICAL COMMENTARY - JOSEPH EXELL - THOMAS H LEALE
- Genesis 3:1-7 Snake Eyes: The Four Stages of Temptation
- Genesis 3:1-7 Snake Eyes
- Genesis 3:7-19 The Wages of Sin: Why Nothing Works Right
- Genesis 3:15 Christ B.C. Part I: Seed of the Woman
- Genesis 3:15 Seed of the Woman
- "One Little Word Shall Fell Him"- What the Cross Meant to Satan
- Genesis 3:15 Christmas in Eden
- Genesis 3 Equal but Not Identical: The Role of Men and Women In The Church
- Genesis 1-3 Men and Women in Biblical Perspective
- Genesis 3:20-24 Farewell to Paradise: Cast Out That We Might Someday Return
RADIO BIBLE CLASS
REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE
- Gen 3
- Gen 3:1
- Gen 3:2–5
- Gen 3:5
- Gen 3:6
- Gen 3:7–11
- Gen 3:7
- Gen 3:8
- Gen 3:9
- Gen 3:10
- Gen 3:11
- Gen 3:12–13
- Gen 3:13
- Gen 3:14–20
- Gen 3:14–15
- Gen 3:14
- Gen 3:15
- Gen 3:16–19
- Gen 3:16
- Gen 3:17
- Gen 3:19
- Gen 3:20
- Gen 3:21
- Gen 3:22
- Gen 3:23
- Gen 3:24
JOHN SCHULTZ - Former missionary
SERMON BIBLE COMMENTARY
- Genesis 3:4 The Serpent Beguiling Eye
- Genesis 3:6,7 The Fall of Man
- Genesis 3:11-13 Excuses Made by our First Parents After Their Fall
- Genesis 3:21-24 The Way of Salvation Illustrated to our First Parents
- Sermon Notes for Genesis 3:1-7
- Sermon Notes for Genesis 3:7, 21
- Sermon Notes for Genesis 3:9
- Sermon Notes for Genesis 3:21
- C2000 Series on Genesis 2-3
- Study Guide for Genesis
JAMES SMITH - CLICK HERE FOR THE TITLE BELOW
- The Fall Of Man Genesis 3
C. H. SPURGEON
- Genesis 3:1 An Antidote to Satan’s Devices
- Genesis 3:8, 9 How God Comes to Man
- Genesis 3:9 God’s First Words to the First Sinner
- Genesis 3:14, 15 The Serpent’s Sentence
- Genesis 3:15 Christ the Conqueror of Satan
- Genesis 3:18 Thorns and Thistles
- Genesis 3:8 - devotional
- Genesis 3:15 - devotional
- Genesis 3 - exposition
- Genesis 3:1-5 The Enticement of Evil
- Genesis 3:6 The Heart of Temptation
- Genesis 3:7-13 The Package Deal
- Genesis 3:8-13 The Beginning of Prayer
- Genesis 3:8-21 God at Work
- Genesis 3:14-15 The Devil's Burden
- Genesis 3:16-19 Love's Disciplines
- Genesis 3:20-24 Exit From Eden
RICHARD L. STRAUSS
- The Beginning and Effect of Sin
- God's Grace and Mercy
- Effect of Sin On Woman
- Man's Original Sin Brings A Curse From God
- The Curse of God on the Serpent and on Satan
- Paradise Lost: The Fall - Genesis 3:1-24
- The Fall: Temptation of Mankind - Genesis 3:1-5
- The Fall: Violation of the Covenant - Genesis 3:6-7
- The Fall: Garden Confrontation - Genesis 3:8-13
- The Fall: Curses on the Serpent and Humankind - Genesis 3:14-19
- The Covenants of Works and Grace: What Is Covenant Theology?
- The Fall: Eve, the mother of all the living - Genesis 3:20
- Redemption: Graced Garments - Genesis 3:21
- The Fall: Expulsion from the Garden - Genesis 3:22-24
GEOFF THOMAS - Sermons on Genesis
- 3:1-7 The serpent appears
- 3:8-19 The aftermath of the fall
- 3:21-22 The guilty clothed
- 3:22-24 Man banished from God
DAVID THOMPSON - transcripts
- Genesis 3:1-7 Snake Eyes
- Genesis 3:7-15 God Said, "Where Are You?"
- Genesis 3:16-19 Everything Got Broken
- Genesis 3:20-24 Paradise Lost