Isaiah 1:2–4. A tenfold accusation:—
- Children have rebelled against God. Isaiah 1:2.
- Israel doth not know. Isaiah 1:3.
- My people doth not consider. Isaiah 1:3.
- A sinful nation. Isaiah 1:4.
- A people laden with iniquity. Isaiah 1:4.
- A seed of evil-doers. Isaiah 1:4.
- Children that are corrupters. Isaiah 1:4.
- They have forsaken the Lord. Isaiah 1:4.
- They have provoked the Holy One of Israel to anger. Isaiah 1:4.
- They are gone away backward. Isaiah 1:4.
Isaiah 1:6.“From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness.”
Most people would do like the African princess who broke the looking-glass because she was so ugly. Civilization is a poor varnish. You have only to scratch it to turn up the same old egotism that has prevailed six thousand years.
Isaiah 1:16, 17. An eight-fold instruction:—
- Wash you, make you clean.Isaiah 1:16.
- Put away the evil of your doings. Isaiah 1:16.
- Cease to do evil. Isaiah 1:16.
- Lean to do well. Isaiah 1:17.
- Seek judgment. Isaiah 1:17.
- Relieve the oppressed. Isaiah 1:17.
- Judge the fatherless. Isaiah 1:17.
- Plead for the widow. Isaiah 1:17.
Isaiah 1:18. No matter how fast the color is, the blood of Jesus Christ can wash it out.
- Isaiah 1:1 vision Isaiah
- Isaiah 1:3 crib
- Isaiah 1:4 Holy One of Israel
- Isaiah 1:9 very small remnant Gomorrah
- Isaiah 1:11 your sacrifices
- Isaiah 1:13 oblations
- Isaiah 1:18 let us reason crimson
- Isaiah 1:24 mighty One of Israel
SERVANTS PLACE MESSIANIC STUDY OF ISAIAH by Raymond Miller
Conservative, Messianic, Millennial, over 800 pages!