- What does it mean to pray in the Spirit?
- How important is it that we pray in the Spirit?
- What can we do to assure we are praying in the Spirit?
- What happens to prayers that are not prayed in the Spirit?
- Is praying in the Spirit the same as praying in tongues?
Those are some of the questions you should be able to answer after you read the notes on this topic.
Note: Click the Greek word for more in depth study.
Let me encourage you to take three and one half minutes to read (and sing or read along as Matt Foreman sings) John Newton's words, especially "Thou art coming to a King, Large petitions with thee bring."
Come, My Soul, Thy Suit Prepare
(Listen to a beautiful vocal by Matt Foreman - it will move you deeply!)
by John Newton
Hot Water Bottle Prayer - The LORD is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous. (Pr 15:29) - Dr. Helen Roseveare, missionary to Zaire, told the following story. "A mother at our mission station died after giving birth to a premature baby. We tried to improvise an incubator to keep the infant alive, but the only hot water bottle we had was beyond repair.