Magna Carta of Spiritual Emancipation
Click chart to enlarge
Charts from Jensen's Survey of the NT - used by permission
Another Overview Chart - Galatians - Charles Swindoll
ON SITE COMMENTARY
- Galatians 1:1 Commentary
- Galatians 1:2 Commentary
- Galatians 1:3 Commentary
- Galatians 1:4 Commentary
- Galatians 1:5 Commentary
- Galatians 1:6 Commentary
- Galatians 1:7 Commentary
- Galatians 1:8 Commentary
- Galatians 1:9 Commentary
- Galatians 1:10 Commentary
- Galatians 1:11 Commentary
- Galatians 1:12 Commentary
- Galatians 1:13 Commentary
- Galatians 1:14 Commentary
- Galatians 1:15 Commentary
- Galatians 1:16 Commentary
- Galatians 1:17 Commentary
- Galatians 1:18 Commentary
- Galatians 1:19 Commentary
- Galatians 1:20 Commentary
- Galatians 1:21 Commentary
- Galatians 1:22 Commentary
- Galatians 1:23 Commentary
- Galatians 1:24 Commentary
- Galatians - You Were Running Well - Practical Study with Questions - this is the main page and has Don's 12 audio lectures.
- Galatians Study Guide - Study 1-12 - 36 page guide with questions on each of the 12 studies
- Galatians 1-6 Bible Text Marked Up with color coding - interesting
- Galatians Study 1 Galatians 1:1-9 -
- Galatians Study 2 Galatians 1:10-24
- Galatians – Study 1 - 58:27 Galatians 1:1-9 - Mp3 that goes with above Study 1 Click for the Mp3 audios
- Galatians – Study 2 - 1:00:46 Galatians 1:10-24 - Mp3 that goes with above Study 2 Click for the Mp3 audios
- Galatians Study Notes 1 Galatians 1:1-9 ~150 pages - multiple quotes, illustrations, etc
- Galatians Study Notes 2 Galatians 1:10-24 ~150 pages - multiple quotes, illustrations, etc
MICHAEL ANDRUS - et al - transcripts average about 9 pages each
- Galatians 1:1-1:5 Charter of Christian Liberty: Mike Andrus
- Galatians 1:11-2:10 Don't Mess with the Messenger: Mike Andrus
BENJAMIN W. BACON
TONY BARTOLUCCI - lengthy study notes from ongoing series (e.g., 60 pages on Gal 2:1-10).
- Galatians 1:1-5
- Galatians 1:6-9
- Galatians 1:10
- Galatians 1:11-12
- Galatians 1:13-17
- Galatians 1:18-24
- Sermon notes are different than study notes - click for sermon notes
D Edmond Hiebert - Beet, Joseph Agar, A Commentary on St. Paul's Epistle to the Galatians. 1885. London: Hodder and Stoughton (5th Ed., n.d.). A verse-by-verse interpretation by a Wesleyan theologian of the past century. Provides doctrinal summaries as a contribution toward systematic theology. Holds to the North-Galatian theory and thinks the "Lord's brothers" were the sons of Joseph by a former marriage. Concludes with special studies relating Galatians to Acts, Romans, James, and I John.
Note: Each link below opens to a page with multiple sermon links to individual verses (taken from Biblical Illustrator but divided by chapter and verse - click chap/verse to go to next listing) - Interesting concept.
JAMES ROBINSON BOISE (1885)
- Notes Critical and Explanatory on Paul's Epistle to the Galatians for the Use of Students and Pastors
Cyril Barber - A refreshing treatment of Paul's letter that has been called the Charter of Christian Liberty. By all means buy it.....First published in 1853. A thorough, comprehensive exposition. Explains Paul’s concern for the converts in Galatia and desire to see them established in the faith. Notes at the end of the book clarify issues not treated extensively in the text. Recommended.
ERNEST DE WITT BURTON
Rosscup - This is one of the most detailed critical works available and is very helpful in the Greek text, though liberal. Many regard it as the best technical commentary on the book, others say Betz.
- See E H Perowne below
- Homilies on Galatians - one homily for each chapter - click to go to next chapter
- Galatians 1: A Christian Manifesto
- Galatians 1:1-5 The Letter to the Galatians
- Galatians 1:1-24 The Faith He Once Destroyed - 1972
- Galatians 1:6-9 The Only Gospel
- Galatians 1:13-24 The Faith He Once Destroyed -1956
WILLIAM J DUMBRELL
JAMES DRUMMOND (1893)
JOHN EDMUNDS (1874)
CYRIL W. EMMET
A Commentary of independence and ripe scholarship. . . . the argument in favor of an early date for the Epistle, a date preceding the Apostolic Council of Acts xv, is given in fullness and with astonishing force of conviction. For that great argument alone the book is worth buying.—Expository Times
EXPOSITOR'S DICTIONARY OF TEXTS
GENE GETZ - short videos on principles
- Galatians 1:1-9; God's Free Gift: When presenting the gospel message, we must make sure we clearly explain that salvation is God's free gift. Video
- Galatians 1:10-2:10; Messages from God: If we think God has spoken to us directly, we must always verify our experiences by consulting the Scriptures and other mature Christian leaders. Video
J MORGAN GIBBON
JOHN H. GODWIN (1871)
- Sermons on Galatians- most are mp3's
F W GRANT
GEORGE JOHN GWYNNE
J A HALDANE
J. L. HARRIS (1873)
JAMES HASTINGS (Note: These are in depth!)
DAVID HOCKING - Outline Format
- Holman Christian Standard Bible -Study Bible (HCSB Study Bible)
INTERNATIONAL CRITICAL COMMENTARY - ERNEST DE WITT BURTON (1921)
INTERVARSITY PRESS COMMENTARY on Galatians - G Walter Hansen
JAMES MACGREGOR (1881)
W DOUGLAS MACKENZIE
- Galatians Commentary -thesis
- F. F. Bruce, "Galatian Problems. 1. Autobiographical Data," Bulletin of the John Rylands Library Manchester 51.2 (Spring 1969): 292-309.
- F. F. Bruce, "Galatian Problems. 2. North or South Galatians?" Bulletin of the John Rylands Library Manchester 52.2 (Spring 1970): 243-266.
- F. F. Bruce, "Galatian Problems. 3. The ‘Other’ Gospel," Bulletin of the John Rylands Library Manchester 53.2 (Spring 1971): 253-271.
- F. F. Bruce, "Galatian Problems. 4. The Date of the Epistle," Bulletin of the John Rylands Library Manchester 54.2 (Spring 1972): 250-267.
- F. F. Bruce, "Galatian Problems. 5. Galatians and Christian Origins," Bulletin of the John Rylands Library Manchester 55.2 (Spring 1973): 264-284.
- F. F. Bruce, "The Curse of the Law," M.D. Hooker & S. G. Wilson, eds., Paul and Paulinism. Essays in Honour of C. K. Barrett. London: SPCK. Hbk. ISBN: 028103835X. pp.27-36.
- Galatians 1:2 churches of Galatia
- Galatians 1:4 gave himself present evil world
- Galatians 1:6 another gospel
- Galatians 1:7 not another
- Galatians 1:8 angel from heaven accursed
- Galatians 1:11 gospel
- Galatians 1:12 revelation
- Galatians 1:15 from my mother’s womb
- Galatians 1:18 after three years
- Galatians 1:19 James the Lord’s brother
W. A. O'CONNOR (1876)
- Galatians 1:6 Scammed By Spam
- Galatians 1:6 A Different Gospel
- Galatians 1:11-24 Religion or Relationship?
- Outline (doc)
- Galatians 1:1-5 (doc)
- Galatians 1:6-9 (doc)
- Galatians 1:10 (doc)
- Galatians 1:1-5 (doc)
- Galatians 1:11-17 (doc)
- Galatians 1:18-2:10(doc)
ARTHUR PRIDHAM (1872)
- Gal 1:1
- Gal 1:3
- Gal 1:6
- Gal 1:7
- Gal 1:8–9
- Gal 1:9
- Gal 1:10
- Gal 1:11
- Gal 1:12
- Gal 1:13
- Gal 1:14
- Gal 1:15
- Gal 1:16
- Gal 1:17
- Gal 1:18
- Gal 1:19
- Gal 1:21
- Gal 1:22
A W ROBINSON
PHILIP GRAHAM RYKEN - from his excellent commentary
- Galatians 1:1-5 Recovering Pharisee - part of chapter 1 in the Reformed Expository Commentary
RAYMOND SAXE - sermon series
- Galatians 1:5( doc, pdf)
- Galatians 1:6-10( doc, pdf)
- Galatians 1:10-14( doc, pdf)
- Galatians 1:15-24( doc, pdf)
- Galatians 1:1-5 (pdf)
- Galatians 1:6-10 (pdf)
- Galatians 1:6-9 (pdf)
- Galatians 1:5 (pdf)
- Galatians 1:10-14 (pdf)
- Galatians 1:15-24 (pdf)
PHILIP SCHAFF (1881) The Epistle of Paul to the Galatians
SERMON BIBLE COMMENTARY
SERMON CENTRAL - over 400 sermons but of variable quality. Be an Acts 17:11 Berean.
- Galatians sermons - almost 15,000 sermons
JAMES SMITH - Handfuls of Purpose
GEORGE B. STEVENS
DREW WORTHEN - Sermons on Galatians
- Galatians Introduction - "Why was this Letter Written?"
- Galatians 1:1-5 - "The Grace and Peace of God"
- Galatians 1:6-9 - "The True Gospel has No Ifs, Ands, or Buts"
- Galatians 1:10-17 - "Man Pleasers or God Pleasers?"
- Galatians 1:13-17 - "God's Gracious Plan"
- Galatians 1:18-24 - "A Changed Life"
- Galatians Commentary - Verse by Verse - 97 pages
- Galatians 1:1-5: Spiritual Dynamite
- Galatians 1:1-5 Rescue From An Evil Age
- Galatians 1:6-10: Desertion, Distortion, Damnation
- Galatians 1:1-10 Pleasing People Or Pleasing God?
- Galatians 1:11-24 The Unexpected Apostle
- Galatians 1:11-17: Nothing But the Truth
- Galatians 1:15-2:2: The Odyssey of an Apostle