Click chart to enlarge
cChart from recommended resource Jensen's Survey of the OT - used by permission
|Summary Chart of
The Book of Genesis
|Topics||Beginning of the Human Race
(Race As A Whole)
|Beginning of the Hebrew Race
(Family of Abraham)
|Faithfulness of Mankind
|Faithfulness of One Man's Family
From Eden to Ur
From Canaan to Egypt
(20% of Genesis)
|About 300 Years
193 Yr in Canaan, 93 Yr in Egypt
(80% of Genesis)
- are the - Ge 2:4 5:1 6:9 Mt 1:1
- and unto - Ge 9:1,7,19
Now these are the records of the generations of Shem, Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah; and sons were born to them after the flood.
- Ge 10:21 1Ch 1:5-7 Isa 66:19 Eze 27:7,12-14,19 38:2,6,15 39:1 Rev 20:8
The sons of Japheth were Gomer and Magog and Madai and Javan and Tubal and Meshech and Tiras
- Kittim - Nu 24:24 Isa 23:1,12 Da 11:30, Chittim
- Dodanim - or, Rodanim
The sons of Javan were Elishah and^ Tarshish, Kittim and Dodanim
- isles - Ge 10:25 Ps 72:10 Isa 24:15 40:15 41:5 42:4,10 49:1 51:5 59:18 Isa 60:9 Jer 2:10 25:22 Zep 2:11
- after his - Ge 10:20 11:1-9
From these the coastlands of the nations were separated into their lands, every one according to his language, according to their families, into their nations
- And the - Ge 9:22 1Ch 1:8-16 4:40 Ps 78:51 105:23,27 106:22
- Ham - Ham signifies burnt or black; and this name was peculiarly significant of the regions allotted to his family. To the Cushites, or descendants of Cush, were allotted the hot southern regions of Asia, along the shores of the Persian Gulf, Susiana or Chusistan, etc.; to the sons of Canaan, Palestine and Syria; to the sons of Mizraim, Egypt and Libya, in Africa.
- Cush - Isa 11:11
- Phut - Jer 46:9 *marg: Eze 27:10
The sons of Ham were Cush and Mizraim and Put and Canaan
- Seba - Ps 72:10
- Havilah - Ge 2:11
- Sheba - 1Ki 10:1 Eze 27:22
- Dedan - Isa 21:13 Eze 27:15
The sons of Cush were Seba and Havilah and Sabtah and Raamah and Sabteca; and the sons of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan
- Nimrod - Mic 5:6
Now Cush became the father of Nimrod; he became a mighty one on the earth.
- a mighty - Ge 6:4 25:27 27:30 27:30 Jer 16:16 Eze 13:18 Mic 7:2
- before the Lord - Ge 6:11 13:13
- Even - 2Ch 28:22 Ps 52:7
He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; therefore it is said, "Like Nimrod a mighty hunter before the LORD.
- And the - Jer 50:21 Mic 5:6
- Babel - Gr. Babylon, Ge 11:9 Isa 39:1 Mic 4:10
- Calneh - Isa 10:9 Am 6:2
- Shinar - Ge 11:2 14:1 Isa 11:11 Da 1:2 Zec 5:11
The beginning of his kingdom was Babel and Erech and Accad and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
- went forth Asshur - or, he went out into Assyria, Mic 5:6
- Asshur - Nu 24:22,24 Ezr 4:2 Ps 83:8 Eze 27:23 32:22 Ho 14:3
- Nineveh - 2Ki 19:36 Isa 37:37 Jon 1:2 3:1-10 Na 1:1 2:8 3:7 Zep 2:13, the city of, or, the streets of the city
From that land he went forth into Assyria, and built Nineveh and Rehoboth-Ir and Calah
- Ludim - 1Ch 1:11,12 Jer 46:9 Eze 30:5
Mizraim became the father of Ludim and Anamim and Lehabim and Naphtuhim
- Pathrusim - Isa 11:11 Jer 44:1
- Philistim - 1Ch 1:12 Jer 47:4
- Caphtorim - De 2:23 Jer 47:4 Am 9:7
and Pathrusim and Casluhim (from which came the Philistines) and Caphtorim.
- Canaan - 1Ch 1:13
- Sidon - Heb. Tzidon, Ge 49:13 Jos 11:8 Isa 23:4, Zidon
- Heth - Ge 15:18-21 28:3-20 Ex 3:8 34:11 Nu 34:2-15 Jos 12:8-24 2Sa 11:3
Canaan became the father of Sidon, his firstborn, and Heth
- Jebusite - Jud 1:21 2Sa 24:18 Zec 9:7
and the Jebusite and the Amorite and the Girgashite
- Hivite - Ge 34:2
and the Hivite and the Arkite and the Sinite
- Arvadite - Eze 27:8
- Zemarite - Jos 18:22 2Ch 13:4
- Hamathite - Nu 34:8 2Sa 8:9 2Ki 17:24,30 Isa 10:9 Eze 47:16,17 Zec 9:2
and the Arvadite and the Zemarite and the Hamathite; and afterward the families of the Canaanite were spread abroad
- And the - Ge 13:12-17 15:18-21 Nu 34:2-15 De 32:8 Jos 12:7,8 14:1-21:45
- as thou comest - Ge 13:10
- Gerar - Ge 20:1 26:1
- Gaza - Heb. Azzah, Jud 16:1 Jer 25:20
- Sodom - Ge 13:10-13 14:2 18:20 19:24,25 Ho 11:8
The territory of the Canaanite extended from Sidon as you go toward Gerar, as far as Gaza; as you go toward Sodom and Gomorrah and Admah and Zeboiim, as far as Lasha
- Ge 10:6 11:1-9
These are the sons of Ham, according to their families, according to their languages, by their lands, by their nations
- Shem - Shem signifies name or renown; and his, indeed, was great both in a temporal and spiritual sense, inasmuch as he was destined to be the lineal ancestor of the promised Seed of the woman, to which Noah might allude in his pious ejaculation, ch. 9:26.
- the father - Ge 11:10-26
- Eber - Nu 24:24
- the brother - Ge 10:2
Also to Shem, the father of all the children of Eber, and the older brother of Japheth, children were born
- children - Ge 9:26 1Ch 1:17-27
- Elam - Ge 14:1-9 2Ki 15:19 Job 1:17 Isa 11:11 21:2 22:6 Jer 25:25 Jer 49:34-39 Ac 2:9
- Arphaxad - Heb. Arpachshad
- Lud - Isa 66:19
- Aram - Nu 23:7
The sons of Shem were Elam and Asshur and Arpachshad and Lud and Aram.
- Uz - Job 1:1 Jer 25:20
The sons of Aram were Uz and Hul and Gether and Mash.
- Salah - Heb. Shelah, Ge 11:12-15
Arpachshad became the father of Shelah; and Shelah became the father of Eber.
- Eber - Ge 10:21 1Ch 1:19
- the name - Ge 11:16-19 Lu 3:35,36
- Peleg - i.e. division
- in - Ge 10:32 De 32:8 Ac 17:26
Two sons were born to Eber; the name of the one was Peleg, for in his days the earth was divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.
- 1Ch 1:20-28
Joktan became the father of Almodad and Sheleph and Hazarmaveth and Jerah
- 1Ch 1:20-28
and Hadoram and Uzal and Diklah
- , Ge 25:3 1Ki 10:1 1Ch 1:20-28
and Obal and Abimael and Sheba
- Ophir - 1Ki 9:28 22:48 1Ch 8:18 9:10,13 Job 22:24 28:16 Ps 45:9 Isa 13:12
- Havilah - Ge 2:11 25:18 1Sa 15:7
and Ophir and Havilah and Jobab; all these were the sons of Joktan
- mount of the east - Nu 23:7
Now their settlement extended from Mesha as you go toward Sephar, the hill country of the east.
- Ge 10:5,20 Ac 17:26
These are the sons of Shem, according to their families, according to their languages, by their lands, according to their nations.
- are the - Ge 10:1,20,31 5:29-31
- and by - Any man who can barely read his Bible, and has but heard of such people as the Assyrians, Elamites, Lydians, Medes, Ionians, and Thracians, will readily acknowledge that Asshur, Elam, Lud, Madai, Javan, and Tiras, grandsons of Noah, were their respective founders.
- nations - Ge 10:25 9:1,7,19 Ac 17:26
These are the families of the sons of Noah, according to their genealogies, by their nations; and out of these the nations were separated on the earth after the flood.