Click chart to enlarge
Chart from recommended resource Jensen's Survey of the NT - used by permission
See also Overview Chart by Charles Swindoll
|The Place of Works:
Outward Demonstration of Inner Faith
|Jas 1:1-18||Jas 1:19-2:13||Jas 2:14-25||Jas 3:1-12||Jas 3:13-4:12||Jas 4:13-5:12||Jas 5:13-19|
FAITH AT WORK
- James 5:1-6 The Howling of The Oppressor
- James 5:7-8 The Hope that Makes Us Strong
- James 5:9 Grumbling in the Doorway
- James 5:10-11 God's Good Outcome
- James 5:12 Do Not Swear
- James 5:13-16 The Practice of God's Presence
- James 5:14-18 Pray!
- James 5:19-20 Rescuing One Another
Audios of his lessons
Teacher Notes on James
- The Peril of Riches - James 5:1-6
- Striving to Obtain Patience - James 5:7-12
- Prayers of Faith (Part 1) - James 5:13-18
- Prayers of Faith (Part 2) - James 5:13-18
- A Conclusion of Conviction - James 5:19-20
Spurgeon - Adopted by the Wesleyan Conference as a standard work, and characterized by that body as marked by “solid learning, soundness of theological opinion, and an edifying attention to experimental and practical religion. Necessary to Methodist Students.
- James 5:1-11 Sweeping Condemnations, Exhortations, And Warnings For The Rich / Be Patient For The Coming Of The Lord / Do Not Complain Against One Another
- James 5:12-20 Don't Swear By Anything / If Suffering Pray / If Sick Ask the Elders To Come And Pray For Healing / Confess Your Sins One To Another
Spurgeon - We liked Burkitt better when we were younger. He is, however, a homely and spiritual writer, and his work is good reading for the many. Burkitt is somewhat pithy, and for a modern rather rich and racy, but he is far from deep, and is frequently common-place. I liked him well enough till I had read abler works and grown older. Some books grow upon us as we read and re-read them, but Burkitt does not. Yet so far from depreciating the good man, I should be sorry to have missed his acquaintance, and would bespeak for him your attentive perusal.
CAMBRIDGE BIBLE FOR SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES - EDWARD PLUMPTRE
CAMBRIDGE GREEK TESTAMENT COMMENTARY
- James 5:1-6 The Woes of Wealth Without God
- James 5:7-9 Responding Rightly When Wronged
- James 5:10-11 Patient Endurance
- James 5:12 Talking Straight
- James 5:13-16 The God-dependent Community
- James 5:16b-18 The Power of Prayer
- James 5:19-20 God's Search & Rescue Ministry
- James 5:11 Praise Glory Hallelujah and Prosperity
- James 5:13-15 Divine Healing
- James 5:13-15 Divine Healing - 2
- James 5:13-18 Effectual Praying
- James 5:13-14 Divine Healing - 3
- James 5:16-18 The God Who Answers Prayer
- James 5:19-20 The Winner of Souls
- James 5:7-11 The Patience of Job
- James 5:7-9 The Presence of the Lord
- James 5:1-12 Week Nine Lesson: Faith That Looks to Jesus’ Coming
- James 5:13-20 Week Ten lesson: Faith That Prays
ELLICOTT'S COMMENTARY FOR ENGLISH READERS - E G PUNCHARD
James Rosscup - Though concise in its statements, this old commentary reveals a thorough knowledge of the Greek and is very helpful in matters of grammar and word meanings.
- Click here for the devotionals below.
- James 5:1-6 Prices or Values?
- James 5:7-12 He Is at the Door!
- James 5:3-16 Sickness and Sin
- James 5:17-20 Prayer That Works
- James 5:1-6 The Folliws and Iniquities of the Rich - Their Miserable End
- James 5:7-11 Patience in Waiting
- James 5:7-11 The Prohibition of Swearing
- James 5:13 Worship the Best Outlet
- James 5:14-15 The Elders of the Church
- James 5:16-18 Confession of Sins
- James 5:19, 20 The Word of Converting Sinners
EXPOSITOR'S DICTIONARY OF TEXTS Commentary on James
MICHAEL FRONCZAK - 46 pages
A C GAEBELEIN
James Rosscup - This dispensationally oriented work is not verse-by-verse, but deals with the exposition on a broader scale, treating blocks of thought within the chapters. Cf. also Arno C. Gaebelein, Gaebelein’s Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible (I Volume, Neptune, NJ: Loizeaux, 1985), the Annotated Bible revised. The author was a popular evangelical Bible teacher of the first part of the century, much like H. A. Ironside in his diligent but broad, practical expositions of Bible books. Gaebelein was premillennial and dispensational, and editor for many years of Our Hope Magazine.
GENE GETZ - short videos emphasizing principles
- James; Principle #12; James 5:1-6; Materialistic Idolatry: Spiritual leaders should warn people never to allow materialism to deprive them of eternal life. Video
- James; Principle #13; James 5:7-12 Christ's Return: When we are frustrated and distracted by people who are evil and cruel, we are to focus on our eternal hope in Jesus Christ. Video
- James; Principle #14; James 5:13-20; Prayers of the Righteous: When we are experiencing various illnesses, we should seek guidance and prayer from the leaders in our churches who are living godly and righteous lives. Video
BRUCE GOETTSCHE - sermons on James
- James 5:1-6 How Not to Respond to Uncertain Financial Times
- James 5:7-12 Hanging in There
- James 5:13-18 Faithful Praying
- James 5:13-20 Getting Involved
GOSPELCOALITION - SERMONS ON JAMES - MOST MP3 MANY WELL-KNOWN SPEAKERS
GOTQUESTIONS - Sound Biblical answers to questions related to the Book of James
- James 5:1-3 How should a Christian view wealth?
- James 5:7 What is a husbandman in the Bible?
- James 5:8 Can the return of Christ truly be said to be imminent?
- James 5:10-11 The patience of Job—why is Job famous for being patient?
- James 5:11 How long was Job's suffering?
- James 5:12 - What does the Bible say about keeping your vows / oaths?
- James 5:12 - What does it mean to let your yes be yes and your no be no?
- James 5:12 - Why did oaths involve putting a hand under someone's thigh (Genesis 24:9)?
- James 5:12 - Should a Christian make a promise?
- James 5:12 - Is it wrong to swear to God?
- James 5:15 - What is the prayer of faith?
- James 5:16 - What is the key to effective prayer?
- James 5:16 What is fervent prayer?
- James 5:16 Why should we confess our sins to one another
- James 5:16 - Why do we need to confess our sins if they have already been forgiven (1 John 1:9)?
- James 5:16 Do we need to confess our sins to those we have sinned against?
- James 5:16 What does the Bible say about confession of sin to a priest?
- James 5:16 How can I be sure I am praying according to the will of God?
- James 5:16 Why is praying for others important?
- James 5:16 What should I look for in an accountability partner?
- James 5:14-16 - What does the Bible say about prayer for the sick?
- James 5:14-16 - What is a healing room? Are healing rooms biblical?
- James 5:14-16 - What is divine healing?
- James 5:14-16 - Why doesn't God heal everyone?
- James 5:14-16 - What is the spiritual gift of healing?
- James 5:14-16 - What does the Bible say about healing?
- James 5:16 - When we confess our sins to God, how detailed do we need to be?
- James 5:16 - Why should we confess our sins to one another?
- James 5:16 - Do we need to confess our sins to those we have sinned against?
- James 5:17-18 - The patience of Job—why is Job famous for being patient
- James 5:19–20 How does love cover all wrongs (Proverbs 10:12)?
- James 5:20 - When is it necessary to rebuke another believer?
- James 5:20 - What is the sin unto death?
- What does the Bible say about energy healing / energy medicine / Reiki?
- Why will the nations need healing in the New Jerusalem?
- How can I receive emotional healing?
- How can I experience healing and recovery after an abortion?
- What is inner healing, and is it biblical?
- What did Jesus mean when He told people, “Your faith has made you well”?
- Are faith healers for real? Does a faith healer heal with the same power as Jesus?
- Should Christians go to doctors?
- What is Christian Science?
- What is the story of the ten lepers in the Bible?
- What is the balm of Gilead?
- What does it mean that “by His stripes we are healed”?
- Why won't God heal amputees?
- What is a spirit of infirmity?
- Why did Jesus spit for some of His miracles?
- Is cessationism biblical? What is a cessationist?
- Should a Christian participate in reflexology?
- What is theophostic counseling, and is it biblical?
- What does the Bible say about crystals?
- What does the Bible have to say about holistic medicine?
- How should a Christian view prescription drugs?
- Counseling Related Questions
- What was in the shadow of Peter that healed people (Acts 5:15-16)?
- What happened at the Pool of Bethesda?
- Why did Jesus command people to not tell others of the miracles He performed?
- What does the Bible say about PTSD?
- How can I heal from the hurt of a broken relationship?
- What is shamanism?
- James 5:1- 6 Can a Christian Drive a BMW?
- James 5:1- 6 Should Pastor David Drive A Lincoln Continental?
- James 5:7-11 In God's Good Time
- James 5:7-11 Waiting For God
- James 5:12 A Christian Is Trustworthy
- James 5:12 What Is Your Definition Of Is?
- James 5:13-16 Can God Heal?
- James 5:13-16 Divine Healing
- James 5:13-20 Faith Healing
- James 5:15-18 Power In Prayer
- James 5:16-18 Praying With Power
- James 5:19-20 Bring Them Back Alive
- James 5:19-20 Slip-Sliding Away
- James 5:19-20 Bring 'Em Back Alive
- James 5:19-20 Traitors
H A IRONSIDE COMMENTARY
Cyril Barber - Continuously in print for 50 years, having made its debut in 1947. Ironside always has something good to say. He is easy to read, evangelical, and provides deft applications of the truth to life. One limitation of this revision is the use of the KJV when some other modern translation (e.g., NKJV) would have better served the needs of modern readers. Otherwise, this exposition is lucid and ideal for lay Bible study.
James Rosscup - He is staunchly evangelical, showing good broad surveys based on diligent study, practical turns, even choice illustrations. In prophecy he is premillennial dispensational....Many preachers have found that Ironside works, read along with heavier books on details of exegesis, help them see the sweep of the message and prime their spirits for practical relevance.
John Cereghin - Ironside, Harry A., Expository Notes on the Epistles of James and Peter, 1947, 41 pages. Brief devotional exposition. He attacks hyper-Calvinism (68); denounces the error of “soul sleep” (73); suggests that angels may refer to Genesis 6 (82-83); teaches the Premillennial coming of Christ (98). A practical and devotional exposition. Reprinted from the 1904 edition.
- James 5:1–6 Woes of the Wicked Rich,
- James 5:7, 8 Patience through the Blessed Hope,
- James 5:9–11 Murmuring against Brethren,
- James 5:12 Swearing,
- James 5:13–15 Prayer and Praise,
- James 5:16–18 Confession and Prayer,
- James 5:19, 20 Error and Conversion,
- Calling the Elders to Pray - Daniel Hayden - Bibliotheca Sacra 138 (1981)
- Will God Heal Us? - A Re-Examination of James 5:14-16a - Gary Shogren - Evangelical Quarterly 61
- “Divine Healing” according to James 5 - William Malee - Grace Theological Journal
- Suffering According to James Christopher W. Morgan - SBJT 17.4 (2013): 20-33.
- Does God Want Christians to Perform Miracles Today? John C. Whitcomb, Jr. - Grace Theological Journal
- Exegetical Brief: James 5:14—“Anoint Him with Oil” David P. Kuske - Wisconsin Lutheran Quarterly
- A Review of Thurman Scrivner’s Teaching - Quote - "Thurman Scrivner is not claiming to have the gift of healing. Instead, he is teaching people that Christians do not have to be sick."
D Edmond Hiebert - Greek text. A technical commentary providing grammatical information and important word studies. Often cites rabbinic sources. Defends Petrine authorship and dates the letter at A.D. 64. (An Introduction to the New Testament)
Cyril Barber - One of the better works in this series. (The Minister's Library - Volume 1)
RICHARD J KREJCIR
- James 5:1-6 Do You Have an Oppressors Heart?
- James 5:7-12 Patience in Suffering!
- James 5:13-18 The Power of Prayer!
- James 5:19-20 Bring Back Our Wandering Brothers!
J P LANGE
LIFEWAY - sermons
- James 5:1-3 Judgment on the Wicked Rich, Pt. 1
- James 5:1-3 Judgment on the Wicked Rich, Pt. 2
- James 5:7-11: How to Face Trials Patiently
- James 5:12 Stop Swearing
- James 5:13-18 The Power of Righteous Praying
- James 5:13-18 Bearing Up the Weak in Prayer
- James 5:19-20 Saving a Soul from Death
- James 5:14 Should Believers Anoint the Sick with Oil?
- James 5 What Is “The Prayer of Faith?”
- James 5 Turning Back a Sinner
- James 5 Anointing the Sick with Oil
BRYN MACPHAIL - sermons
- James 5:7-11 Be Patient With God
- James 5:13-18 Doing Means Praying
- James 5:13-19 What We Really Need: Forgiveness
MASTER'S BIBLE CHURCH Sermon Series on James
Quick overview suggests these are an excellent resource (e.g., 21 pages on James 1:2-4!)
- James 5:1-3 Rich and Wicked
- James 5:4-6 The Cry Heard by God
- James 5:7-8 Be Patient, Brethren, part 1
- James 5:9-11 Be Patient, Brethren, part 2
- James 5:12 Brethren, Do Not Swear
- James 5:13-16a The Prayerful Christian, part 1
- James 5:16b-18 The Prayerful Christian, part 2
- James 5:19-20 To Save a Soul from Death
James Rosscup: First issued in 1892, this commentary of more than 600 pages gives the reader almost 300 pages in introductory explorations about the identity of the writer James, the date (he says near the end of the A. D. 40’s), the relations to other New Testament books, grammar and style, etc. It is a work of towering scholarship and exhaustive detail. From the standpoint of the Greek text it is the best older and one of the best at any time on James. (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors: An annotated bibliography)
MONERGISM - SERMONS. MP3'S
- James 5:3 for the last days
- James 5:4 Lord of sabaoth
- James 5:5 day of slaughter
- James 5:8 draweth nigh
- James 5:11 patience of Job pitiful
- James 5:14 sick oil
- James 5:15 faith shall save sick if
- James 5:16 Confess your faults fervent
- James 5:17 on the earth
- James 5:20 save a soul
- James 5:1-11 The Judge is at the Door
- James 5:13-16 The Sick and the Afflicted
- James 5:16-18 Praying Up a Storm
- James 5:19-20 Not a Moment to be Lost
- James 5:14: Should We Anoint the Sick With Oil? - 8 Things to Consider
JIM NEWHEISER - each sermon has nice 2 page outline with lots of Scripture cross-references
- James 5:1-6 Money Talks
- James 5:7-11 Be Patient
- James 5:12 Let Your “Yes” be “Yes”
- James 5:13-15 Pray in All Circumstances
- James 5:16-18 Community Confession and Prayer
- James 5:19-20 Brother Keepers
- James 5:1-6 Rotting Riches
- James 5:7-11 Patient Endurance
- James 5:12 Straight Talk
- James 5:13-16 Prayer and Healing
- James 5:16-18 Effective Prayer
JAMES NISBET - Church Pulpit Commentary
OUR DAILY BREAD
- See James 1 Illustrations - Our Daily Bread, etc
- James 5:3 Power To Persevere
- James 5:3 Money Trouble
- James 5:3 Sharing The Wealth
- James 5:7 Patiently Waiting
- James 5:8 It's Late!
- James 5:8 Harvest Home
- James 5:8 Cheering Each Other On
- James 5:11 Power To Persevere
- James 5:13-16 It's The Knees
- James 5:13-16 Pray First!
- James 5:13-18 Five-Finger Prayers
- James 5:13-18 There’s Power
- James 5:16 Pinpointing Prayer
- James 5:16 Serving God with Our Prayers
- James 5:16 The Squeaky Wheel
- James 5:16 The Power Of Prayer
- James 5:16 Our Prayer & God's Power
- James 5:16 Pay To Pray?
- James 5:16 The Pretender
- James 5:16 Prayer's Effects
- James 5:16 Giving Yourself Away
- James 5:16 The Quarter In Your Pocket
- James 5:20 Danger Ahead!
- James 5:20 The Dalton Gang
- James 5:20. Listening to Your Brother
JOSEPH PARKER - PEOPLE'S BIBLE
PASTORLIFE - SERMONS
|The Power of Prayer (Mother's Day)||James 5:13-16||Prayer; Mother's Day||John C. Bryan|
|The Power of Prayer||James 5:13-16||Prayer; Mother's Day||John C. Bryan|
|Spiritual Drifting||James 5:13-20||Backslidding; Drifting from God; Repentance||Denis Lyle|
|Money Talks||James 5:1-6||Christian Living; Money; Possessions; Stewardship||Denis Lyle|
|Right on the Money||James 5:1-6||Money; Stewardship||Mark Adams|
|Where are the Elijahs of God?||James 5:16-18||Elijah; Spirit of God; Commitment; Willingness||Franklin L. Kirksey|
|How To Have An Effective Prayer Life||James 5:16-18||Prayer||J. Gerald Harris|
|Prayers that Bless a Nation||James 5:17-18||Memorial Day; Prayer; America||John C. Bryan|
|Prone to Wander||James 5:19-20||Backslidding; Wandering from God; Unfaithfulness||Johnny Hunt|
|Difficult Times - Hope||James 5:7-12||Hope; Hardships; Difficulties||Johnny Hunt|
|What's a Christian to Do?||James 5:7-12||Christian Living||J. Mike Minnix|
MATT POSTIFF - sermons on James - Fellowship Bible Church
WIL POUNDS - sermon transcripts
- James 4:13-5:6 Practicing God's Presence
- James 5:7-12 Be Patient until the Parousia
- James 5:13-20 Be Patient and Pray
PREACHER'S HOMILETICAL COMMENTARY
- James 5:13-16: Praying For the Sick - Part 1
- James 5:13-16: Praying For the Sick - Part 2
- James 5:13-16: Praying For the Sick - May, 2000
- James 5 Expositional Commentary - homilies below on this page
- James 5:1-6 The Judgment on Selfishness
- James 5:1-6 The Doom of Misused Wealth
- James 5:1-6 The Judgments Coming Upon the Wicked Rich
- James 5:7,8 Long-suffering in View of Christ's Coming
- James 5:7-11 Four Considerations Moving the Christian to Patience
- James 5:7-11 The Coming of the Lord
- James 5:9-11 Bear and Forbear
- James 5:12 Warning Against the Sin of Swearing
- James 5:12 Against Swearing
- James 5:12 Simplicity of Speech
- James 5:13 The Power of Divine Worship
- James 5:13-15 Prayer and Praise As a Medicine
- James 5:13-18 The Life in God
- James 5:14-18 The power of Intercessory Prayer
- James 5:16-18 Mutual Confession and Prayer
- James 5:19,20 The Conversion of a Sinner
- James 5:19,20 The Salvation of a Soul
- Does God Want Me Well? James 5:13-16: Questions on Healing
- 10 Reasons To Believe In A God Who Allows Suffering
- Why Would A Good God Allow Suffering? Finding goodness in trouble
- Out of the Ashes - God's Presence in Job's Pain
REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE - study notes
- James 5:1
- James 5:2–3
- James 5:4
- James 5:5
- James 5:6
- James 5:7
- James 5:9
- James 5:12
- James 5:13
- James 5:14
- James 5:15
- James 5:16
- James 5:17
- James 5:19
- James 5:20
- James 5:1
- James 5:1b
- James 5:2
- James 5:2b
- James 5:3
- James 5:3b
- James 5:4
- James 5:5
- James 5:6
- James 5:7
- James 5:7b
- James 5:7c
- James 5:8
- James 5:8b
- James 5:9
- James 5:9b
- James 5:10
- James 5:11
- James 5:11b
- James 5:11c
- James 5:12
- James 5:12b
- James 5:12c
- James 5:13
- James 5:13b
- James 5:14
- James 5:14b
- James 5:15
- James 5:15b
- James 5:16
- James 5:16b
- James 5:16c
- James 5:17
- James 5:17b
- James 5:18
- James 5:19
- James 5:20
KIM RIDDLEBARGER - SERMON TRANSCRIPTS
Cyril Barber - The content of this volume grew out of lectures delivered at Northfield, et. al. Practical and unsophisticated. (The Minister's Library, Volume 3)
- James 5:1-6 Warnings to the Rich
- James 5:7-11 Warnings about Patience
- James 5:12-20 God's Rx for a Blessed Life
- James 5:16 Stretched Out in Prayer
- James 5:16, 1:6, 4:2-3 How to Pray for Friends and Influence People
- James 5:1-6: Worldly Riches are Temporary
- James 5:7-11: Be Patient and Do Not Complain
- James 5:12: The Use of an Oath
- James 5:13-15: Pray for the Sick
- James 5:16-18: Prayer Can Accomplish Much
- James 5:19-20: Do Not Stray from the Truth
JOHN SCHULTZ - former missionary to Papua New Guinea
- James Commentary - 74 pages, brief but well done notes (he quotes 54 times from Moo's work)
- James 5:7, 8 Patient Perservance Urged
- James 5:9 The Nearness of Judgment
- James 5:11 The Patience of Job
- James 5:16 The Efficacy of Fervent Prayer
- James 5:19, 20 Conversion of a Sinner A Great Benefit
JAMES SMITH - Handfuls of Purpose - click here for all the topics below on the same page
- OPPRESSING THE HIRELING. James 5:1-11
- PURE SPEECH. James 5:12
- AN ERRING BROTHER. James 5:19, 20
- Rich Oppressors James 5:1–6
- In the Midst of Suffering James 5:1–12
- Be Patient James 5:7–9
- Suffering and Patience James 5:10–11
- Oaths and Vows James 5:12
- The Prayer of Faith James 5:13–15
- James and Jesus James 5:13–20
- How to Pray James 5:16
- Righteous Prayer James 5:16–18
- The Role of Prayer in God’s Providence James 5:16b-18
- Providence and Prayer James 5:16b–18
- Rescue the Wanderer James 5:19–20
- James 5:7-8: A Visit to the Harvest Field (Sermon)
- James 5:8: It Will Not Be Long (Devotional)
- James 5:11: The Pearl of Patience (Sermon)
- James 5:11 The Pity of the Lord-The Comfort of the Afflicted
- James 5:16: Pray for One Another (Devotional)
- James 5:19, 20 To Sabbath School Teachers & Other Soul Winners - Pdf
- James 5:19-20: Conversion
CLAUDE STAUFFER SERMON
RUDOLF STIER - 520 pages, pages are somewhat water stained but very legible
Cyril Barber: First published in English in 1871. This work is of value to preachers as well as laypeople. The former, the method of exposition is at once informative and instructive. To the latter, the method of application is enriching and edifying. . (The Minister's Library. Volume 1)
Spurgeon on Stier - No one can be expected to receive all that Stier has to say, but he must be dull indeed who cannot learn much from him. Read with care, he is a great instructor.
- James 5:1–6 The Misery coming upon the Rich,
- James 5:7–9 Patient Waiting,
- James 5:10, 11 Examples of Suffering and Patience,
- James 5:12 Swear Not; Purify your Speech,
- James 5:13 Praying and Singing,
- James 5:14–18 Ordinance for the Sick,
- James 5:19, 20 The Greatest Need, and the Greatest Work of Faith,
JOHN STEVENSON - sermons
- James 5:7-20 Patience, Promises and Prayer
- James 4:13 - 5:9 Planning for Permanence
- James 5:7-20 Patience, Promises, and Prayer
JOHN B SUMNER 1840
- Warnings for the Wealthy - James 5:1-6
- Rich people - James 5:1
- Rotted . . . eaten . . . corroded - James 5:2-3
- Wages you failed to pay - James 5:4
- Fattened yourselves - James 5:5
- Condemned and murdered - James 5:6
- Patience and Perseverance - James 5:7-11
- Patience, perseverance, and promise - James 5:7-8
- The Judge is standing at the door! - James 5:9
- Persevere - James 5:10-11
- Final Exhortations - James 5:12-19
- Above all - James 5:12
- Pray, sing, sick - James 5:13-14
- Prayer offered in faith - James 5:15
- Confess your sins - James 5:16
- Elijah - James 5:17-18
- Wander from the truth - James 5:19
- Turns a sinner - James 5:20
- 5:1-6 Warnings To Those Who Live For Money
- 5:7-11 The Grace Of Patience
- 5:12 Do Not Swear
- 5:13-16 The Prayer Of Faith Will Save The Sick
- 5:16-18 A Righteous Man’s Praying
- 5:19 & 20 Restoring The Wanderers
DAVID E THOMPSON Expository Sermons
- James 5:1-6 Indictment for hoarding
- James 5:1-6 Indictment for fraud, self-indulgence and murder
- James 5:7-9 Be patient and positive
- James 5:10-11 Persevere
- James 5:12 Lying speech (5:12)
- James 5:13 Comfort
- James 5:13 Spiritual life and growth
- James 5:14-15 The problem
- James 5:14-15 Expectations
- James 5:14-15 Miracles
- James 5:16-18 What we are to do
- James 5:16-18 What we can count on
- James 5:19-20 The role of caring Christians
- James 5:19-20 The restoration of professing believers
- James 5:19-20 Applying the test of faith properly
- James 5:19-20 Once saved, always saved