Click chart to enlarge
Chart from recommended resource Jensen's Survey of the NT - used by permission
Romans Overview Chart - Charles Swindoll
|Romans 1:18-3:20||Romans 3:21-5:21||Romans 6:1-8:39||Romans 9:1-11:36||Romans 12:1-16:27|
Jew and Gentile
|Demonstration of Salvation|
|Power Given||Promises Fulfilled||Paths Pursued|
Restored to Israel
|Slaves to Sin||Slaves to God||Slaves Serving God|
|Life by Faith||Service by Faith|
Modified from Irving L. Jensen's chart above
Explanation - The following list includes not only commentaries but other Christian works by well known evangelical writers. Most of the resources below are newer works (written after 1970) which previously were available only for purchase in book form or in a Bible computer program. The resources are made freely available by archive.org but have several caveats - (1) they do not allow copy and paste, (2) they can only be checked out for one hour (but can be checked out immediately when your hour expires giving you time to read or take notes on a lengthy section) and (3) they require creating an account which allows you to check out the books free of charge. To set up an account click archive.org and then click the picture of the person in right upper corner and enter email and a password. That's all you have to do. Then you can read these more modern resources free of charge! I have read or used many of these resources but not all of them so ultimately you will need to be a Berean (Acts 17:11+) as you use them. I have also selected works that are conservative and Biblically sound. If you find one that you think does not meet those criteria please send an email at https://www.preceptaustin.org/
The Epistle to the Romans Morris, Leon Lamb. The Epistle to the Romans. Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 1988. Gives evidence of the author's lifetime of devotion to the NT. This commentary is delightfully easy to read, even while introducing the reader to all the complexities of Paul's theology. The footnotes take into account recent scholarship. One of Morris' strong points is his ability to show the relevancy of Romans to our 20th century milieu. Very helpful!
The Preacher's Outline & Sermon Bible : New Testament, King James Version - Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians - This is a very useful resource which always includes numerous related cross-references. It will be of aid to you preaching and teaching.
Johnson, Alan F The Freedom Letter. 2 vols. Chicago: Moody Press, 1985. A contemporary exposition of the theme and content of Paul's Roman episode. This edition is an expansion of the single volume 1974 work that proved invaluable to laypeople.
Romans : the freedom letter - Volume 1: Romans 1-7
A critical and exegetical commentary on the Epistle to the Romans by Cranfield, C. E. B
A commentary on Romans 12-13 by Cranfield, C. E. B
Encountering the book of Romans : a theological survey by Moo, Douglas J
Romans : celebrating the good news by Moo, Douglas J
The Epistle to the Romans by Moo, Douglas J - New International Commentary on the New Testament
he Epistle to the Romans, New International Commentary, 1960. Murray, John, He will guide you stolidly with the heavy tread of the proverbial village policeman (though with more theology; and not especially the useful appendices and notes).
St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans : a devotional commentary by Thomas, W. H. Griffith
Romans, Life Application Bible Commentary, 1992. Barton, Bruce B., In short compass he develops the themes of Romans along traditionally Reformed lines.
The Epistle of Paul to the Romans : an introduction and commentary (TNTC) by Bruce, F. F. (1983) User reviews
The Epistle of Paul to the Romans : an introduction and commentary by Bruce, F. F. (1963) 296 pages 13 ratings Rosscup ranks this the 5th best (out of 10) expositional commentary.
The Expositor's Bible Commentary - 1994 edition - Abridged - New Testament
Be right (Romans) by Wiersbe, Warren
Be right : an expository study of Romans by Wiersbe, Warren
Romans : how to be right with God, yourself, and others by Wiersbe, Warren
Tree of Life Bible Commentary: The Epistle to the Romans by Jon Courson - interesting work. Not your typical commentary on Romans. Courson is a preacher and he has frequent illustrations. Worth checking out if you are preaching through Romans. 3 ratings
The Epistle to the Romans by Archer, Gleason
Romans volume 1 by McGee, J. Vernon Romans volume 2
Romans 9-16 by McGee, J. Vernon
Reasoning through Romans by McGee, J. Vernon
Word biblical commentary Romans 1-8 James Dunn
Word biblical commentary - Romans 9-16 by James D G Dunn
Romans by Dunn, James D. G.
From guilt to glory Romans 1-8 by Stedman, Ray C
Romans, Baker Exegetical Commentary of the New Testament, Schreiner, Thomas, 944 pages. In the latest addition to BECNT, Schreiner presents a fresh analysis of the substantive Book of Romans. It features many distinctives.
Romans by Sproul, R. C. An outstanding, popular exposition focusing on the essential teaching of this grand epistle. As always, Sproul is crystal clear presenting Biblical Christianity through this masterful letter. Highly recommended.
Journey into life : a study on Romans by Kroll, Woodrow
Men made new : an exposition of Romans 5-8
Romans in the Greek New Testament for the English reader by Wuest, Kenneth - Generally goes verse by verse but excellent explanation of the meanings of the Greek words Paul uses. I always find Kenneth Wuest very insightful for in depth study.
Half-hours with William Hendriksen : stirring devotional surveys of Romans, Philippians, Luke and Revelation, with other gems by Hendriksen, William,
Romans, an Expositional Commentary. Volume I, Justification by Faith, Romans 1-4, Boice, James M.
Romans : God's good news for the world by Stott, John - Stott had a previous work just on Romans 5-8, Men Made New (1966). Now with treatment of the whole book, he has one of the best overall popular and highly readable expositions of Romans.
The Epistle of Paul to the Romans : an exposition. by Erdman, Charles R.
Coming to terms with sin : a study of Romans 1-5 : Bible study guide by Swindoll, Charles
Learning to walk by grace : a study of Romans 6-11 : Bible study guide by Swindoll, Charles
Relating to others in love : a study of Romans 12-16 by Swindoll, Charles
Chronological and Background Charts of the NEW TESTAMENT - Pdf - D Wayne House - outstanding compilation of charts - check this one out!. This book can also be borrowed = Chronological and background charts of the New Testament
J.Sidlow Baxter: Explore The Book - pdf Vol. 6 Acts to Revelation
Man's Ruin - Romans 1:1-32 - Expository Messages (1952) 330 pages. - Donald Grey Barnhouse
The book of Romans by Blackaby, Henry T.
Romans by Hodge, Charles, 1797-1878 (Crossway Classic series)
Romans by Achtemeier, Paul J
Romans : an exposition of chapters 2:1-3:20, the righteous judgment of God by Lloyd-Jones, David Martyn
STUDY BIBLES - ONE VOLUME COMMENTARIES OF ENTIRE BIBLE, BIBLE DICTIONARIES, GENERAL REFERENCE WORKS
The MacArthur Study Bible - John MacArthur. Brief but well done notes 1,275 ratings
HCSB Study Bible - conservative notes.
The David Jeremiah study bible - (2013) 2208 pages. 2,272 ratings Logos.com - "Drawing on more than 40 years of study, Dr. David Jeremiah has compiled a legacy resource that will make an eternal impact on generations to come. 8,000 study notes. Hundreds of enriching word studies"50+ Essentials of the Christian Faith" articles."
ESV Study Bible - Excellent resource but not always literal in eschatology and the nation of Israel 6,004 ratings
Believer's Bible Commentary by MacDonald, William (1995) 2480 pages
Dr. John MacArthur, Jr. - "Concise yet comprehensive - the most complete single-volume commentary I have seen."
Warren Wiersbe - "For the student who is serious about seeing Christ in the Word."
Life application study Bible : New Living Translation. Has some very helpful notes. 4,445 ratings
KJV Bible Commentary - Hindson, Edward E; Kroll, Woodrow Michael. Over 3000 pages of the entire OT/NT - no restriction on length of time one can use it. No copy and paste. Well done conservative commentary that interprets Scripture from a literal perspective. User reviews - it generally gets 4/5 stars from users. - 372 ratings
Very well done conservative commentary that interprets Scripture from a literal perspective (pre-millennial) user reviews
The King James Version Bible Commentary is a complete verse-by-verse commentary. It is comprehensive in scope, reliable in scholarship, and easy to use. Its authors are leading evangelical theologians who provide practical truths and biblical principles. Any Bible student will gain new insights through this one-volume commentary based on the timeless King James Version of the Bible.
NKJV Study Bible: New King James Version Study Bible by Radmacher, Earl D; Allen, Ronald Barclay; House, H. Wayne; 917 ratings Very helpful notes. Conservative.
The NIV study Bible by Barker, Kenneth L; Burdick, Donald W (1995) 2250 pages. Note this is the first edition. This resource has been fully revised in 2020.
The Defender's Study Bible : King James Version by Morris, Henry M. Excellent notes for well known creationist. 45 ratings
The Ryrie study Bible - Charles Ryrie (1978) 2142 pages. Conservative. 216 ratings
Ryrie Study Bible Expanded Edition (1994) 2232 pages
The Word in life Study Bible - Very interesting format. Not your routine study Bible. Worth checking the very informative notes. (e.g., here is a picture of Jesus' post-resurrection appearances.)
New Bible Commentary - (1994) See user reviews
The Experiencing God Study Bible : the Bible for knowing and doing the will of God - Blackaby, Henry (1996) 1968 pages - CHECK THIS ONE! Each chapter begins with several questions under the title "PREPARE TO MEET GOD." Then you will interesting symbols before many of the passages. The chapter ends with a "DID YOU NOTICE?" question. This might make a "dry chapter" jump off the page! Read some of the 48 ratings
Wycliffe Bible Commentary - OT and NT - Charles Pfeiffer - 1560 pages (1962). 214 ratings Less detailed than the KJV Bible Commentary.
The New Testament and Wycliffe Bible commentary - This version has no time restriction but only has the NT.
Wiersbe's Expository Outlines on the New Testament by Wiersbe, Warren W
Cyril Barber - This is a book of exceptional merit. Pastors, missionaries, and Christian workers will profit from its use. Wiersbe introduces each book of the NT, provides an outline, and then furnishes his readers with a chapter-by-chapter discussion of the contents. The homiletic style is a “plus.” Recommended.
DICTIONARY OF JESUS AND THE GOSPELS - interesting articles in some depth
Compact Bible commentary by Radmacher, Earl D; Allen, Ronald Barclay; House, H Wayne, et al - 954 pages. 424 ratings Multiple contributors to the comments which are often verse by verse. The comments are brief but meaty and can really help your study through a given book. A sleeper in my opinion.
NIV archaeological study Bible (2005) 2360 pages 950 ratings (See also Archaeology and the Bible - OT and NT)
NIV cultural backgrounds study Bible. bringing to life the ancient world of scripture Keener, Craig and Walton, John. Editors (2017)
Evangelical Commentary on the Bible - editor Walter Elwell (1989) 1239 pages. User reviews.
Eerdmans' family encyclopedia of the Bible (1978) 344 pages
Eerdmans' handbook to the Bible (1983) 688 pages
The Lion handbook to the Bible - (1999) 822 pages. This resource is absolutely loaded with very nice color pictures and charts.
Tyndale handbook of Bible charts & maps by Wilson, Neil
Bible handbook and A-Z bible encyclopedia
International children's Bible field guide : answering kids' questions from Genesis to Revelation by Richards, Larry
The illustrated guide to Bible customs & curiosities by Knight, George W. (George William),
Today's handbook of Bible times & customs by Coleman, William L
The Shaw pocket Bible handbook - Editor - Walter Elwell (1984) 408 pages.
"This hardback is small in size but packed full of content: Brief summaries of every book of the bible, cultural, archaeological and historical info, word definitions, pictures, maps and charts." Worth checking!
Zondervan illustrated Bible backgrounds commentary - New Testament - 552 pages. (2002) See user reviews.
The new Unger's Bible dictionary by Unger, Merrill Frederick, 1909-
Survey of the Bible : introductory insights, background studies, book-by- book survey by Unger, Merrill Frederick
The parallel New Testament and Unger's Bible handbook : produced for Moody monthly by Unger, Merrill (1975) 744 pages 4 ratings
The Hodder Bible handbook by Unger, Merrill
Nelson's expository dictionary of the Old Testament by Unger, Merrill
Kregel Bible handbook : a full-color guide to every book of the Bible by Kerr, William 3 ratings
The new encyclopedia of Christian quotations by Water, Mark
Zondervan handbook to the Bible
Zondervan illustrated Bible backgrounds commentary - Matthew, Mark, Luke
Background Commentary on Luke - Clinton Arnold
Dictionary of Paul and his letters 180 ratings IVP Series
The Dictionary of Paul and His Letters is a one-of-a-kind reference work. Following the format of its highly successful companion volume, the Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels, this Dictionary is designed to bring students, teachers, ministers and laypeople abreast of the established conclusions and significant recent developments in Pauline scholarship. No other single reference work presents as much information focused exclusively on Pauline theology, literature, background and scholarship. In a field that recently has undergone significant shifts in perspective, the Dictionary of Paul and His Letters offers a summa of Paul and Pauline studies. In-depth articles focus on individual theological themes (such as law, resurrection and Son of God), broad theological topics (such as Christology, eschatology and the death of Christ), methods of interpretation (such as rhetorical criticism and social-scientific approaches), background topics (such as apocalypticism, Hellenism and Qumran) and various other subjects specifically related to the scholarly study of Pauline theology and literature (such as early catholicism, the center of Paul's theology, and Paul and his interpreters since F. C. Baur). Separate articles are also devoted to each of the Pauline letters to hermeneutics and to preaching Paul today.
Dictionary of the later New Testament & its developments 71 ratings IVP Series
The third of IVP's critically acclaimed series of dictionaries of the New Testament provides focused study on the often-neglected portions of the New Testament: Acts, Hebrews, the General Epistles, and Revelation. Furthermore, its scope goes beyond the life of the New Testament church to include the work of the apostolic fathers and early Christianity up through the middle of the second century.
Dictionary of New Testament background 79 ratings IVP Series
In a time when our knowledge of the ancient Mediterranean world has grown by leaps and bounds, this volume sets out for readers the wealth of Jewish and Greco-Roman background that should inform our reading and understanding of the New Testament and early Christianity. The Dictionary of New Testament Background takes full advantage of the flourishing study of the Dead Sea Scrolls and offers individual articles focused on the most important scrolls. In addition, the Dictionary encompasses the fullness of second-temple Jewish writings, whether pseudepigraphic, rabbinic, parables, proverbs, histories or inscriptions. Articles abound on aspects of Jewish life and thought, including family, purity, liturgy and messianism. The full scope of Greco-Roman culture is displayed in articles ranging across language and rhetoric, literacy and book culture, religion and cults, honor and shame, patronage and benefactors, travel and trade, intellectual movements and ideas, and ancient geographical perspectives. No other reference work presents so much in one place for students of the New Testament. Here an entire library of scholarship is made available in summary form.
Halley's Bible Handbook Henry H. Halley - (2000) 2720 pages (much larger than original edition in 1965 and no time limit on use). (Halley's Bible handbook : an abbreviated Bible commentary - one hour limit 1965 872 pages)
Rosscup - A much-used older evangelical handbook bringing together a brief commentary on Bible books, some key archaeological findings, historical background, maps, quotes, etc. It is helpful to a lay Bible teacher, Sunday School leader, or pastor looking for quick, pertinent information on a Bible book. This is the 72nd printing somewhat revised. Halley packed in much information. Unger’s is better overall, but that is not to say that Halley’s will not provide much help on basic information.
The Shaw Pocket Bible Handbook - Editor - Walter Elwell (1984) 408 pages.
"This hardback is small in size but packed full of content: Brief summaries of every book of the bible, cultural, archaeological and historical info, word definitions, pictures, maps and charts." Worth checking!
- Romans 12:1 A Living Sacrifice
- Romans 12:2 What is Worldliness?
- Romans 12:3-8 What are your Spiritual Gifts?
- Romans 12:9-13 Practical Christianity
- Romans 12:14-21 Love Offended
- Romans 12:1 Responsibilities Under Grace 1
- Romans 12:2 Responsibilities Under Grace 2
- Romans 12:3-5 Responsibilities Under Grace 3
- Romans 12:5-8 Responsibilities Under Grace 4
- Romans 12:1-8 Responsibilities Under Grace 5
- Romans 12:9-13 Responsibilities Under Grace 6
- Romans 12:14-17 Responsibilities Under Grace 7
- Romans 12:18-21 Responsibilities Under Grace 8
C NORMAN BARTLETT
- Romans 12:1-3 What You Believe Must Determine How You Behave
- Romans 12:4-13 Love's Many Faces
- Romans 12:14-21 Rules of Engagement
- Romans 12:1 Worship is a Verb
- Romans 12:1-5 Knowing God’s Will
- Romans 12:11 The Deal with Zeal
- Romans 12:14 Getting Along With Others
- Romans 12:15-21 Loving Those You’d Rather Hate
E I BOSWORTH
CAMBRIDGE BIBLE FOR SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
CAMBRIDGE GREEK TESTAMENT
- Romans 12:1-2 The Secret Of Holy Living
- Romans 12:3-8 Thinking About The Body
- Romans 12:9-21 Thinking About The Brethren
- Romans 12:1: Why Give Yourself Totally to God?
- Romans 12:2: How to Change for Good
- Romans 12:3: True Humility
- Romans 12:4-5: Humility in the Functioning Body
- Romans 12:6-8: Humility in Exercising our Gifts
- Romans 12:9-10: Sincere Love
- Romans 12:11: How to Serve the Lord
- Romans 12:12: Joyful, Prayerful Perseverance
- Romans 12:12c: Devoted to Prayer
- Romans 12:13: Generous and Hospitable
- Romans 12:14-16: Transformed Attitudes
- Romans 12:17-21: Doing Right When You’re Wronged
W A CRISWELL
- Romans 12:1-2 A Living Sacrifice
- Romans 12:14-17 Good for Evil
- Romans 12:1-3 Drug Addiction Is Spelled D-E-A-T-H
J N DARBY
DEFENDER'S STUDY BIBLE
- Romans 12 Study Bible Notes - Dr Henry Morris
- Romans 12:1 therefore living sacrifice reasonable service
- Romans 12:2 to this world renewing of your mind prove
- Romans 12:4 many members in one body
- Romans 12:5 one body in Christ
- Romans 12:6 given to us proportion of faith
- Romans 12:7 ministry teacheth
- Romans 12:9 dissimulation
- Romans 12:11 business serving
- Romans 12:16 wise in your own conceits
- Romans 12:19 it is written
- Romans 12 The New Mind
- Romans 12:1-2 The Road to Renewal
- Romans 12:3-8 Thinking Straight About Spiritual Gifts
- Romans 12-16 The Outworking of God’s Righteousness
- Romans 12:9-13 What Is This Thing Called Love?
- Romans 12:14-21 Loving Your Enemies: Overcoming Evil With Good
J LIGON DUNCAN
- Romans 12:1-2 A Call to Give Yourself to God
- Romans 12:3-8 A Call to Humility and Service
- Romans 12:9-10 A Call to Love and Other-centeredness
- Romans 12:11-16 A Call to Diligence
- Romans 12:17-21 A Call to Seek Peace
CHARLES ELLICOTT - editor
- Romans 12:1-5 Not Imitation but Incarnation
- Romans 12:6-16 No Room for Envy in the Church
- Romans 12:14-21 Dealing With Disagreements
- Romans 12:38 Members of the Body
EXPLORE THE BIBLE
EXPOSITOR'S DICTIONARY OF TEXTS
- Romans 12-13 Life in Salvation
- Romans 12:1-2 The Basis of Christian Activity
- Romans 12:3-21 The Believer as a Member of the Church
- Romans 12:14-16 Characteristics of a Christ-Follower
- Romans 12:17-18 Doing What's Right in the Eyes of Everyone?
- Romans 12:19-21 Turning Enemies into Friends
GOSPEL COALITION (Mark Dever, Kent Hughes, Alistair Begg, et al)
- Romans 12:1-2 Doing God's Will
- Romans 12:3-13 The Value of Each
- Romans 12:14-13:7 Overcoming Evil With Good
- Romans 12:1 The Body for God
- Romans 12:2 In Fashion or in Favor
- Romans 12:11 Business
- Romans 12:12 For the Battle
- Romans 12:21 The Polemics of Christianity
HOLMAN STUDY BIBLE
DAVID HOLWICK - frequent illustrations
- Romans 12:1-8 Crawl on the Altar
- Romans 12:3-10 Measure Your Faith
- Romans 12:4-6a You Are So Gifted!
- Romans 12:6 Speaking For God
- Romans 12:6-18 There Is Hope
- Romans 12:8 The Gifts of Caring
- Romans 12:9-16 Love Is...
- Romans 12:9-18 Personal Commitment
- Romans 12:9-21 Love vs. Revenge
- Romans 12:10-12 Family Secrets
- Romans 12:10-16 Reflections on a Mission Trip
- Romans 12:14-21 Getting Along -- When It Is Hard
- Romans 12:2 Cardio - Transformed Hearts, Renewed Minds, Aligned Lives
- Romans 12:6 Motivational Gifts: Prophecy
- Romans 12:6-8 Motivational Gifts: Mercy
INTERNATIONAL CRITICAL COMMENTARY ON THE NEW TESTAMENT
- Romans 12 Commentary - Sanday and Headlam
- Romans 12:1-2 God's Mercies and Living Sacrifices
- Romans 12:3-8 Advice for Charismatics
- Romans 12:9-12 Love That Can Hate
- Romans 12:13-21 Four Triplets of Duties
- Romans 12:1-2 Transformed: More Than Meets the Eye
- Romans 12:3-8 Christian Body Building
- Romans 12:9-21 Love Without Limits
MARTYN LLOYD-JONES - corresponds to his 14 volume set on Romans - only Mp3's available.
- Introduction - Romans 12:1-21
- The Christian Life - Romans 12:1-2
- A Living Sacrifice - Romans 12:1-2
- Present Your Bodies - Romans 12:1-2
- Spiritual Worship - Romans 12:1-2
- The World (1) - Romans 12:1-2
- The World (2) - Romans 12:1-2
- Renewal of the Mind (1) - Romans 12:1-2
- Renewal of the Mind - Romans 12:1-2
- Renewal of the Mind (3) - Romans 12:1-2
- All By Grace - Romans 12:3
- Gifts in the Church - Romans 12:3-5
- The Body of Christ - Romans 12:3-5
- One Body - Romans 12:4-5
- Character of Unity - Romans 12:5-6
- Spiritual Gifts (1) - Romans 12:6
- Spiritual Gifts (2) - Romans 12:6
- Spiritual Gifts (3) - Romans 12:6
- Spiritual Gifts (4) - Romans 12:7-8
- Lessons From the Early Church - Romans 12:6-8
- Lessons From Church History - Romans 12:6-8
- Worship. Ancient and Modern - Romans 12:6-8
- Worship; the Old and the New - Romans 12:6-8
- Love (1) - Romans 12:9-21
- Love (2) - Romans 12:9-11
- Stir Yourselves - Romans 12:11
- Serving the Lord - Romans 12:11-12
- Patient in Tribulation - Romans 12:12
- Fellowship of Saints - Romans 12:135
- Practical Christianity (1) - Romans 12:14-15
- Practical Christianity (2) - Romans 12:15-165
- Wisdom and Knowledge - Romans 12:16
- Be Different - Romans 12:17-18
- God's Wrath. Not Man's - Romans 12:19-20
- Overcoming Evil - Romans 12:20-21
- Romans 12:1-2 The Believer's Supreme Act of Spiritual Worship
- Romans 12:1-2 The Supreme Act of Worship
- Romans 12:1-2 The Critical Elements of True Worship
- Romans 12:3-5 Ministry of Spiritual Gifts, Part 1
- Romans 12:6-7 Ministry of Spiritual Gifts, Part 2
- Romans 12:8 Ministry of Spiritual Gifts, Part 3
- Romans 12:9-21 Brick by Brick - Duties of Practical Christianity 1 - Study Guide (dropdown)
- Romans 12:9 Brick by Brick - Duties of Practical Christianity 1
- Romans 12:9-12 Brick by Brick - Duties of Practical Christianity 2 - Study Guide (dropdown)
- Romans 12:10-12 Brick by Brick - Duties of Practical Christianity 2
- Romans 12:9-21 Brick by Brick - Duties of Practical Christianity 3 - Study Guide (dropdown)
- Romans 12:13 Brick by Brick - Duties of Practical Christianity 3
- Romans 12:9-21 Brick by Brick - Duties of Practical Christianity 4 - Study Guide (dropdown)
- Romans 12:14-21 Brick by Brick - Duties of Practical Christianity 4
- Romans 12:1 The Sacrifice of the Body
- Romans 12:2 Transfiguration
- Romans 12:3 Sober Thinking
- Romans 12:4, 5 Many and One
- Romans 12:9, 10 Grace and Graces
- Romans 12:9,10 Love That Can Hate
- Romans 12:11 A Triplet of Graces
- Romans 12:12 Another Triplet of Graces
- Romans 12:13-15 Still Another Triplet
- Romans 12:16 Still Another Triplet
- Romans 12:17-19 Still Another Triplet
- Romans 12:19-21 Still Another Triplet
P G MATTHEW
- Romans 12:1-8 Gifts of the Holy Spirit, Part Two
- Romans 12:1-21 Worship Is All of Life
- Romans 12:1 The Christian Sacrifice, Part One
- Romans 12:2 The Transformed Life
- Romans 12:3-5 Spiritual Gifts in the Church
- Romans 12:3-8 Gifts of the Holy Spirit, Part Five
- Romans 12:6-8 Gifts of the Holy Spirit, Part Six
- Romans 12:6-8 Spiritual Gifts Part Two
- Romans 12:9-13 Life in God's Holy Church
- Romans 12:14, 17-21 Our Life in the World
- Romans 12:15-16 Our Life in God's Church
JOHN PAUL MILLER - Calvary Chapel
- Romans Commentary - 263 pages - outline format
G CAMPBELL MORGAN- Analyzed Bible
- Romans 12 How Justified Sinners Love Each Other
- Romans 12:1-2 Compassion, Power, and the Kingdom of God: An Introduction
- Romans 12:1-8 Sound Judgment, One Body, Several Parts
- Romans 12:1-2 All of Life as Worship
- Romans 12:1-2 Why the Gift of Prophecy is not the Usual Way of Knowing God's Will
- Romans 12:1-8 Measures of Faith, Gifts of Grace, Ministry in Small Groups
- Romans 12:1-2 Build Your Life on the Mercies of God
- Romans 12:1-2 Present Your Bodies As a Living Sacrifice to God
- Romans 12:1-2 Do Not Be Conformed to This World
- Romans 12:1-2 Discerning the Will of God Concerning Homosexuality and Marriage
- Romans 12:1-2 The Renewed Mind and How to Have It
- Romans 12:1-2 What Is the Will of God and How Do We Know It?
- Romans 12:1-8 Assessing Ourselves With Our God-Assigned Measure of Faith, Part 1
- Romans 12:1-8 Assessing Ourselves With Our God-Assigned Measure of Faith, Part 2
- Romans 12:1-8 Faith: The Root and Trait of All Spiritual Gifts
- Romans 12:1-8 We, Though Many, Are One Body in Christ
- Romans 12:1-8 Using Our Gifts in Proportion to Our Faith, Part 1
- Romans 12:1-8 Using Our Gifts in Proportion to our Faith, Part 2
- Romans 12:3-8 Using Our Gifts in Proportion to Our Faith, Part 3
- Romans 12:3-13 No Condemnation in Christ Jesus, One Body in Christ
- Romans 12:9 Let Love Be Genuine
- Romans 12:9 Abhor What Is Evil; Hold Fast to What Is Good
- Romans 12:9-13 Strategic Hospitality
- Romans 12:9-11 Be Strong and Fervent in Spirit in the Cause of Truth and Life
- Romans 12:10 Love One Another With Brotherly Affection
- Romans 12:11 Boiling for Christ
- Romans 12:9-21 When Is It Right to Repay Evil With Pain?
- Romans 12:11-12 The Fruit of Hope: Joy
- Romans 12:12 Be Constant in Prayer for the Joy of Hope
- Romans 12:12 Be Devoted to Prayer
- Romans 12:12 Happy in Hope, Patient in Pain, Constant in Prayer
- Romans 12:13 Lavish Giving, Loving Guests, Living Christ
- Romans 12:14-21 Bless Those Who Persecute You
- Romans 12:14-18 Live Peaceably with All, if Possible
- Romans 12:16-20 Do Not Avenge Yourselves, But Give Place to Wrath
- Romans 12:17-21 Battling the Unbelief of Bitterness
- Romans 12:19-21 God's Wrath: "Vengeance Is Mine, I Will Repay," Says the Lord
- Romans 12:19 The Present Effects of Trembling at the Wrath of God
- Romans 12:20-21 Christ Overcame Evil With Good--Do the Same
PREACHER'S HOMILETICAL COMMENTARY
- Romans 12:1 God's Altar Call
- Romans 12:2 Changing Your Mind
- Romans 12:2 Good, Pleasing, Perfect
- Romans 12:3-8: Blueprint for a Healthy Church
- Romans 12:7 My Favorite Teacher
- Romans 12:8 The Barnabas Factor
- Romans 12:8 The Gift that Never Grows Old
- Romans 12:8 Calling All Servants
- Romans 12:8 What Moves Your Mountain-
- Romans 12:9-16: The Agape Factor: 12 Ways to Love
- Romans 12:13-15 Rejoicing and Weeping
- Romans 12:17-21: Hot Coals: Loving Those You’d Rather Hate
- Romans 12:1-2 The Order of Life
- Romans 12:3-8 The First Part of a Gospel Life
- Romans 12:9-21 The Christian an Extremist
REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE
- Romans 12:1
- Romans 12:2
- Romans 12:3
- Romans 12:4–8
- Romans 12:6
- Romans 12:7–8
- Romans 12:9–21
- Romans 12:9
- Romans 12:10
- Romans 12:11
- Romans 12:13
- Romans 12:14
- Romans 12:15
- Romans 12:16
- Romans 12:17
- Romans 12:18
- Romans 12:19–21
- Romans 12:20
- Romans 12:1-2 - How To Make 1993 A Great Year!
- Romans 12:1-2 - Choose to Change: Attitude
- Romans 12:1-2 - Change
- Romans 12:1-2 - 4- H Christians
- Romans 12:1-21 - The Christian Life
- Romans 12:4- 5 - Hinderances to Growth
- Romans 12:17- 21 - Dealing with the Past
- Romans 12:17-21 - Forgiveness: Our Obligation
- Romans 12:1-2 A Living Sacrifice
- Romans 12:1-8 The Body - Which Part Are You?
- Romans 12:3-5 How The Body Works
- Romans 12:3-8 The Body: A Great Design
- Romans 12:6, Ephesians 4:11-16 Growing Up
- Romans 12:6, 1 Corinthians 12-14 Don't Be Ignorant About Spiritual Gifts
- Romans 12:9-21, 1 Corinthians 12-14 The Principle Of Love - Part I
- Romans 12:9-21, 1 Corinthians 12-14 The Principle Of Love - Part 2
SERMON ILLUSTRATIONS - various sources
SERMONS BY VERSE ON ROMANS 12
- Romans 12:1 DEVOTEDNESS TO GOD RECOMMENDED
- Romans 12:2 AGAINST CONFORMITY TO THE WORLD
- Romans 12:3 SOBRIETY OF MIND ENJOINED
- Romans 12:4-8 CHRISTIANS ARE ALL MEMBERS OF ONE BODY
- Romans 12:9-12 CHRISTIAN DUTIES TO GOD AND MAN EXPLAINED
- Romans 12:15 SYMPATHY RECOMMENDED
- Romans 12:21 OVERCOMING EVIL WITH GOOD
- Romans 12 Exposition
- Romans 12:11 Serving the Lord
- Romans 12:12 Constant, Instant, Expectant
- Romans 12:15 Sympathy and Song
- Romans 12:15 Fellowship in Joy - Notes
- Romans 12:21 Overcome Evil with Good
- Romans 11:33-12:2: Discovering Will of God
- Romans 12:1-3 Living Day By Day
- Romans 12:3-8: The Body at Work
- Romans 12:3-8 Who Am I, Lord?
- Romans 12:9-21: Authentic Christians
- Romans 12:9-21 How To Hug
- Romans 12:1-2 Having the Best is a Simple Choice
- Romans 12:3-5 It's All About Oneness
- Romans 12:6-8 The Gifts
- Romans 12:9-13 Sharing Love
- Romans 12:10-21 Do You Measure Up to God's Standard of Christian Living?
THEMATIC STUDY BIBLE - interesting
- Romans Sermons - 270 sermons - all are Mp3's
- Instructions in Covenant Fidelity - Romans 12:1-15:13
- Covenant Fidelity: Full Consecration - Romans 12:1-2
- God's mercy - Romans 12:1
- Do not conform . . . be transformed by the renewing of your mind - Romans 12:2
- Covenant Fidelity: Serving Others - Romans 12:3-21
- For by the grace given me - Romans 12:3
- A body of gifts - Romans 12:4-8
- Prophesying - Romans 12:4-6
- Variety and practically of Gods' gifts - Romans 12:7-8
- Love, love, love, love, and again I say love - Romans 12:9-21
- Sincere love - Romans 12:9
- Be devoted . . . in brotherly love - Romans 12:10
- Serve with enthusiasm - Romans 12:11
- Be joyful in hope - Romans 12:12
- Hospitality - Romans 12:13
- Bless, not curse - Romans 12:14
- Genuine unity - Romans 12:15-16
- Dealing with a non-Christian environment - Romans 12:17-21
- A goal of peace and harmony - Romans 12:17-18
- Free of personal vengeance - Romans 12:19
- 12:1 Presenting your Bodies as Living Sacrifices to God
- 12:2 Be Transformed by the Renewal of your Minds
- 12:3 Coping and Succeeding in the Christian Life
- 12:4&5 Members One of Another
- 12:6-8 The all round Christian life
- 12:6 Spiritual Gifts And The Church
- 12:9 Sincere Love – The mark of the true Christian
- 12:10 Be devoted to one another in Brotherly Love
- 12:11 Never be lacking in Zeal
- 12:12&13 Five things God wants the Christian to do: be Joyful, Patient, Prayerful, Generous and Hospitable
- 12:14 Bless those that Persecute you; Bless and do not Curse
- 12:15 Rejoicing and Weeping with our Neighbours
- 12:16 Christian Relationships
- 12:17&18 Living under the Scrutiny of the Watching World
- 12:19-21 Do Not Take Revenge
DAVID THOMPSON - Sermons
- Romans 11:26-36 - 12:1 - "All Israel Will Be Saved. What Does This Mean?"
- Romans 12:2 - "Be Transformed By The Renewing Of Your Mind"
- Romans 12:3-5 - "In Christ, We Who Are Many Form One Body"
- Romans 12:6-8 - "What Is The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit As It Relates To Him Gifting Us?"
- Romans 12:6 - "Gift Of Prophecy Part 1"
- Romans 12:6 - "Gift Of Prophecy Part 2"
- Romans 12:7 - "Gift Of Service For Ministry .... Gift Of Teaching"
- Romans 12:8 - "The Gifts Of Exhortation, Of Giving, Of Leadership And Mercy"
- Romans 12:9-12 - "Be Fervent In Spirit, Serving The Lord"
- Romans 12:13-15 - "Seek To Meet The Needs Of Others"
- Romans 12:16-21 - "Do Not Be Overcome By Evil, But Overcome Evil With Good"
- Romans 12:1 Romans 12:1-2, 9-18 Romans 12:1 Romans 12:1
- Romans 12:1-2 Romans 12:1-8 Romans 12:1-8 Romans 12:1-8
- Romans 12:1-16 Romans 12:2 Romans 12:2 Romans 12:2
- Romans 12:2 Romans 12:2 Romans 12:3 Romans 12:3
- Romans 12:3 Romans 12:3 Romans 12:3-8 Romans 12:3-8
- Romans 12:3-13 Romans 12:3-11 Romans 12:4-13 Romans 12:5
- Romans 12:6 Romans 12:6 Romans 12:6 Romans 12:6
- Romans 12:6 Romans 12:6-13 Romans 12:9 Romans 12:9
- Romans 12:9ff Romans 12:10 Romans 12:10 Romans 12:11
- Romans 12:13 Romans 12:14-21 Romans 12:15 Romans 12:15
- Romans 12:15 Romans 12:15 Romans 12:15 Romans 12:15
- Romans 12:15 Romans 12:15 Romans 12:17 Romans 12:17
- Romans 12:17 Romans 12:17ff Romans 12:18 Romans 12:18
- Romans 12:18 Romans 12:19 Romans 12:19 Romans 12:19
- Romans 12:19 Romans 12:20 Romans 12:20 Romans 12:21
- Romans 12:21 Romans 12:21 Romans 12:21 Romans 12:21