For Ruth Resources part 2/2 (Devotionals) click here.
RUTH: GOD PROVIDES
|Ruth 1||Ruth 2||Ruth 3||Ruth 4|
|Ruth's Choice||Ruth's Service||Ruth's Claim||Ruth's Marriage|
|Naomi and Ruth
|Ruth and Naomi and Boaz
|Boaz and Ruth
Return with Naomi
Provide for Naomi
Redemption by Boaz
Relative of Messiah
with New Birth
About 30 Years
Ru 1:1 Now it came about in the days when the judges governed
Jdg 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.
- Ruth Kinsman Redeemer - Lesson 1 of the inductive Bible Study
- Kinsman Redeemer, Part 1 (from lectures on the Revelation)
- Kinsman Redeemer, Part 2 (from lectures on the Revelation)
- See Multiple Ruth Resources
J. G. BELLET
BIBLE.ORG RESOURCES Resources that Reference Ruth
- Ruth Bible Commentary by verse - combines comments from Barnes, Clarke, Keil
- The Beautiful Gleaner: A Hebrew Pastoral Story. Being Familiar Expositions of the Book of Ruth - 137 pages (1872)
IAIN CAMPBELL - sermons
J N DARBY
- Goel - Definition
- Avenger of Blood - Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
- Kin - Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
- Goel - Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature
- Easton's Bible Dictionary Goel
- Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible Goel
- Watson's Theological Dictionary Goel
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Goel
- McClintock and Strong's Bible Encyclopedia Goel
- Ruth & Hannah: Learning To Walk By Faith - booklet
- Life After Loss - Grieving With Hope
- When Disappointment Deceives
- When Hope Is Lost: Dealing With Depression
EXPOSITOR'S BIBLE COMMENTARY R A Watson
JAMES FREEMAN - HANDBOOK OF BIBLE MANNERS AND CUSTOMS
- What can we learn from the life of Ruth?
- Why was Ruth so loyal to Naomi?
- Book of Ruth - Bible Survey
- Why did Ruth and Orpah make different decisions?
- What is the story of Ruth and Boaz?
- Why did the first kinsman redeemer refuse to marry Ruth?
- Who was Naomi in the Bible?
- Questions about Ruth
- What did it mean to spread the corner of your garment over someone?
- What is a kinsman redeemer?
- What is a levirate marriage?
- Who was Jesse in the Bible?
- Who/what is Marah in the Bible?
- Who was Obed in the Bible?
- What does the Bible say about luck?
- Does the Bible say anything about grandparents?
- Who were the Moabites?
- What is the significance of a city gate in the Bible?
- What is the relevance of the genealogies in the Bible?
- Ruth 4:1
- Ruth 4:2-4
- Ruth 4:5-6
- Ruth 4:7-8
- Ruth 4:9-10
- Ruth 4:11-12
- Ruth 4:11-12 (pt 2)
- Ruth 4:13
- Ruth 4:13-17
- Ruth 4:18-22
JOHN ANGELL JAMES
JAMIESON, FAUSSET, BROWN UNABRIDGED VERSION
S LEWIS JOHNSON
- An Adjusted Symmetrical Structuring Of Ruth - A Boyd Luter
- The Book of Ruth and Hope in Hard Times - Timothy Paul Erdel
- Literary Structure in the Book of Ruth - Leif Hongisto
- Literary Structure in the Book of Ruth - Reg Grant
- Naomi in the Book of Ruth in Light of the Mosaic Covenant - Charles Baylis
- Goel in Ancient Israel: Theological Reflections on an Israelite Institution - R L Hubbard
- Living A New Life: Old Testament Teaching About Conversion - William D. Barrick
- The Purpose Of The Book Of Ruth - Louis B. Wolfenson
- The Chiastic Structure of Ruth 2 - A Boyd Luter and Richard Rigsby
- An Adjusted Symmetrical Structuring of Ruth - A Boyd Luter and Richard Rigsby
- Ruth “Quoque” —A Coquette? (Ruth 4:5) - Murray D. Gow
- New Life Amid the Alien Corn: The Book of Ruth - Michael E. W. Thompson
- The Goel in Ruth 4:14, 15 - Julius A Bewer
- Literary Structure and Theology in the Book of Ruth - Leif Hongisto
ALFRED LEEDES HUNT
- Ruth the Moabitess: A Short Commentary, Critical and Expository, on the Book of Ruth 89 pages (1884)
- Ruth - Introduction - Title, Theme, Interpretative Challenges, Outline
- The Kinsman Redeemer
- Ruth: Ordained Romance
- Ruth 4:1 to the gate
- Ruth 4:5 buyest the field. The right of a kinsman-redeemer to redeem the property of a dead relative, thereby preventing it from passing outside the family, is set forth in Leviticus 25:25-34. These events described in the book of Ruth indicate that this right of property redemption was also directly linked to the responsibility of raising up children to preserve "the name of the dead upon his inheritance" (Ruth 4:10).
- Ruth 4:6 cannot redeem it. The redeemer must not only be a kinsman (Leviticus 25:25), but must also be willing, free and have the necessary price. As our great Kinsman Redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ indeed fulfills all the conditions (see notes on Revelation 5:1-10).
- Ruth 4:8 drew off his shoe
- Ruth 4:18 Pharez. Pharez was the son of Judah, so this genealogical summary clearly shows that David is descended from Judah, and thus able to fulfill Jacob's prophecy (Genesis 49:10) of the sceptre.
- Ruth 4:20 Salmon. According to Matthew 1:5, Salmon married Rahab the converted harlot, sometime after the fall of Jericho, and therefore Boaz was their son. (See introductory notes concerning gaps that may have occurred between Salmon and Boaz.)
- Ruth 4:22 David was evidently born near the end of the judges period and Salmon near the beginning. The four generations between Salmon and David thus seem to have spanned the entire period "when the judges ruled" (Ruth 1:1), although it is possible that there are gaps in this genealogy. Note also that ten names are listed in the genealogy from Pharez to David. Deuteronomy 23:2 says that an illegitimate son could "not enter into the congregation of the Lord" until "the tenth generation." Pharez, of course, was the illegitimate son of Judah and Tamar, but this genealogy indicates that David was free from this exclusion, even if there are no gaps in the genealogy.
JAMES NISBET CHURCH PULPIT COMMENTARY
OUR DAILY BREAD
- Ruth 4:9-10 Boaz Claims Ruth- Redemption
- Ruth 4:13-22 Compete or Converge
- Ruth 4:14 Naomi
- Ruth 4:14a Life on Level One
- Ruth 4:15 Unexpected Blessing
JOSEPH PARKER The People's Bible
|The Big Finish of Boaz||Ruth 4:1-13||Redeemer, Kinsman; Salvation, Price of||Donald Cantrell|
|The Bright Future of Bethlehem||Ruth 4:14-22||Heritage; Family, Christian||Donald Cantrell|
|True Love Awaits||Ruth 4:9||Love; Redeemer, Kinsman; Salvation||Steve Wagers|
PATH LIGHT STUDY OF RUTH
- Ruth 4: Redemption Study Guide | Leader's Notes
- Ruth & Shavuot: Interpretation from a Jewish Perspective Study Guide | Leader's Notes
- The Redeemer: Interpretation from Christian Perspective Study Guide | Leader's Notes
- Naomi and Ruth: Interpretation from Messianic Perspective Study Guide | Leader's Notes
PRECEPT MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
- Goel - Our Kinsman Redeemer - In Shadow (Type) & Substance
- Blood Avenger - Avenges Man's "Murder", Reclaims Title Deed of Earth
- Providence - Study of the Doctrine of Divine Providence
AUBREY C PRICE
REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE
- Ruth 4:1–17
- Ruth 4:1
- Ruth 4:2
- Ruth 4:3
- Ruth 4:5
- Ruth 4:7
- Ruth 4:10
- Ruth 4:11
- Ruth 4:12
- Ruth 4:14–17
- Ruth 4:16
- Ruth 4:18–22
GRANT RICHISON Commentary on Ruth
CHARLES J. ROLLS
RUTH DEVOTIONALS - VARIOUS SOURCES - 100's of devotionals - Our Daily Bread, Today in the Word, etc
ROB SALVATO - sermon
RAYMOND SAXE - RUTH SERMONS
- Ruth 4:1-6 (pdf)
- Ruth 4:7-12 (pdf)
- Ruth 4:13-22 (pdf)
- Matt Postiff also from Fellowship Bible Church
- Ruth 4 (doc, pdf)
- Outline of Ruth (doc, pdf)
SERMON CENTRAL - Sermons (most have transcripts)
NICOLE C SMITH
R C SPROUL DEVOTIONALS RUTH
J B STONEY
THIRD MILLENNIUM STUDY NOTES BOOK OF RUTH
- Boaz Becomes Ruth's Kinsman-Redeemer - Ruth 4:1-12
- Boaz Clears the Way to Become Ruth's Kinsman-Redeemer - Ruth 4:1-8
- Boaz Publicly Announces His Commitment to Ruth - Ruth 4:9-10
- Boaz Is Blessed as Ruth's Kinsman-Redeemer - Ruth 4:11-12
- Naomi's Blessing - Ruth 4:13-17
- Boaz and Ruth Have a Son - Ruth 4:13
- Naomi Blessed by the Son - Ruth 4:14-17
- Boaz and Ruth Name the Son - Ruth 4:17
- Genealogical Appendix - Ruth 4:18-22
WILLARD WINTER - about 50 pages
- Commentary on Joshua, Judges, Ruth - scroll down to p 593 for Ruth
W. T. P. WOLSTON