Ordering Precept Study Materials by calling 1-800-763-8280
You can also download the first lesson of every Precept Upon Precept course
One Message: The Bible
One Method: Inductive
The Inductive Bible Study People -- began in the 1960's and has grown into an international ministry significantly impacting the spiritual lives of men, women and children in more than 100 nations. One of the primary goals of inductive Bible study is to fulfill Jesus' command to go and
make disciples (aorist imperative) = conveys a sense of urgency = Do this now! Don't delay! Do it effectively!) of all the nations...teaching (present tense) them to observe (present tense = as the habit of their life) (Mt 28:18-20+) the things...
He had commanded so that these disciples might be radically transformed by the Word of truth and equipped to prove themselves
blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom (they) appear as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life. (Philippians 2:15+)
What Is Inductive Bible Study?
Simply stated inductive Bible study involves utilization of the Bible as the student's primary resource which allows the Holy Spirit to be the primary "Teacher" (Jn 14:26, 16:13, 1Co 2:10, Eph 1:17, 1Jn 2:20, 27), Who can then directly instruct the disciple as they take in the "pure milk of the Word" (1 Peter 2:2).
The inductive approach begins with careful Observation, which leads to judicious Interpretation based on one's OBSERVATIONS and culminates in sincere, diligent Application of the truth (2 Peter 1:5-11+) so that the disciple might "be transformed (an "inside job" that shows forth on the outside) by the renewing of your mind, (a brand new way of thinking you never had before) that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:2+).
Precept Upon Precept Bible Studies
The "heart and soul" of Precept Ministries International is the core curriculum of Inductive Bible Studies on Old and New Testament books which are offered locally in all 50 states including an excellent selection of classes in the Austin Area. If you are unable to find a class, send me an email and I will try to help you find a class in your area. Clearly it is important for all Precept leaders to "be diligent" to post their classes.
In addition to Precept Bible studies, Precept Ministries also organizes regional training sessions. At these workshops students receive training in various aspects of inductive Bible study allowing them to hone their inductive Bible study skills so that they might be equipped to present themselves "approved to God as workmen who do not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the Word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15+).
40-MINUTE BIBLE STUDIES
Many new 40-Minute Studies are available and are a great tool to introduce your Sunday School class to the inductive technique because the lesson and discussion are performed during class. Click for lists of courses.
- Being A Disciple: Counting the Real Cost
- How to Make Choices You Won't Regret
- Discovering What the Future Holds
- Having a Real Relationship with God
- How Do You Know God's Your Father?
- How Do You Walk the Walk You Talk?
- Living a Life of True Worship
- How Can a Man Control His Thoughts, Desires, and Passions?
- Money and Possessions: The Quest for Contentment
- Living Victoriously in Difficult Times
- Building A Marriage That Really Works
Precept Upon Precept studies are the most in-depth resources offered by Precept Ministries International and they guide the study in studying inductively step by step. Weekly workbook assignments are discussed with the group leader usually followed by a video lecture on that specific lesson. Some Precept Upon Precept studies also have corresponding In & Out courses that require less time.
If you are interested ordering any of the following Bible study workbooks, DVD's or audios, please call Precept Ministries International at 1-800-763-8280. For more information see Precept Ministries International.
- Genesis 1-2 - Part 1 - The Creation
- Genesis 3-11 - Part 2 - The Fall, the Flood, and the Nations
- Genesis 11-25 - Part 3 - Becoming a Friend of the Faithful God
- Genesis 24-36 - Part 4 - Wrestling with God
- Genesis 37-50 - Part 5 - Keeping Focus When Your Dreams are Shattered
- Joshua - Conquering Your Enemies
- Judges - Driving Out Your Enemies
- Ruth 1-4 - Kinsman Redeemer
- Ezra/Haggai - Rebuilding the Temple
- Nehemiah - Rebuilding, Revival and Restoration of the People of God
- Esther - A Man, A Woman Who Lives for the Good of God's People
Kings and Chronicles
- 1 Samuel 1-31 God's Search For a Man After His Own Heart
- 2 Samuel; 1 Chronicles - Life of David, A Man After God's Own Heart
- 1 Kings 1-15:8 - Divided Heart - A Divided Nation
- 1 Kings 15-2 Kings 1; 2 Chronicles 14-20 - God Searches For A Heart Fully His
- 1 Kings 2-14; 2 Chronicles 21-25 Passing the Mantle
- 2 Kings 15-20; 2 Chronicles 26-32 Revival Or Captivity?
- 2 Kings 21-25, 2Chr 33-36, Zephaniah - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Daniel 1-6 - Living Out a Biblical Worldview
- Daniel 7-12 -Gaining Understanding of the Time of the End
- Daniel 1-6 - You're A Brave Man, Daniel! - Study for Children Ages 8-12
- Daniel 7-12 -Gaining Understanding of the Time of the End - Ages 8-12
- Discovering What the Future Holds - 40 Minute Bible Study
- Isaiah 1-39 - Part 1 - The Word of the Holy One to Israel, the Remnant, and the Nations ...and the Promise of the Child to be Born
- Isaiah 40-66 - Part 2 - Comfort My People
- Ezekiel 1-32 - Part 1 - Then You Will Know that I Am the LORD
- Ezekiel 33-48 - Part 2 - When My Sanctuary is in Their Midst Forever
- Jeremiah - Part 1 You've Forsaken Me; Repent and Return
- Jeremiah - Part 2 When God's Judgment Finally Comes
- Lamentations Hope and Healing in the Aftermath of Rebellion Against God
- Hosea - A Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- Joel & Obadiah - Spare Your People, Lord
- Amos - Prepared To Meet Your God
- Jonah - Where Are You Going?
- Micah; Nahum; Habakkuk - Understanding the Anger of God
- 2 Kings 21-25, 2Chr 33-36, Zephaniah - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Haggai - Rebuilding the Temple
- Zechariah - They Shall be My People & I Shall be Their God
- Malachi - Revering the Lord, Standing in Awe of His Name
- Covenant - OUTSTANDING. A MUST DO!
- Spiritual Gifts (Shorter 40 Minute Bible Study)
- Marriage Without Regrets
- Sermon on the Mount
- Matthew - Part 1
- Matthew - Part 2
- Mark The Gospel of Jesus Christ, Son of God and Son of Man
- Luke 1-16 - Part 1
- Luke 17-24 - Part 2
- Gospel of John 1- 6 - Part 1
- Gospel of John 7-11 - Part 2
- Gospel of John 12-21 - Part 3
- Acts 1-12 -Part 1
- Acts 13-28 - Part 2
- Romans 1-5 - Part 1
- Romans 6-8 - Part 2
- Romans 9-11 - Part 3
- Romans 12-16 - Part 4
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians Ministers of Reconciliation
- Galatians Who Has Bewitched You? Why and How?
- Ephesians The Church: Rooted in Love, Walking in Power
- Philippians - recently updated
- Colossians - recently updated
- 1 Thessalonians YOU—BLAMELESS AT HIS COMING
- 2 Thessalonians SO YOU WON’T BE DECEIVED ABOUT HIS COMING
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Timothy
- Hebrews 1-4 - Part 1
- Hebrews 5-13 - Part 2
- James - recently updated
- 1 Peter How to Stand Firm When Tested
- 2 Peter How to Be Kept from Falling
- 1 John - How to Know You Have Eternal Life (1, 2, 3 John)
- Revelation - Pt 1 - Revelation 1-3, 10 lessons JESUS’ MESSAGE TO THE CHURCH
- Revelation - Pt 2 - Revelation 4-22, 12 lessons UNVEILING THE BOOK OF REVELATION
- Revelation - Pt 3 - Revelation 4-22, 11 lessons What Is the Sign of His Coming and of the End of the Age?
- Revelation - Pt 4 - Revelation 4-22, 14 lessons Interpreting Revelation in the Light of Biblical Prophecy
- Inductive Bible Study - Why should I invest the time and effort?
- Inductive Bible Study - Observation - What do I see?
- Inductive Bible Study - Interpretation - What does it mean?
- Inductive Bible Study - Application - How do I respond?
- Inductive Bible Study Powerpoint
- Simple Study on the Power of God's Word
- A Primer on the Lost Art of Biblical Meditation
- Memorizing God's Word
- Memory Verses by Topic
- How to Perform A Greek Word Study on the Web
- Greek Tense, Voice, Mood Reference Guide
- Greek Word Studies - in depth
- Bible Interpretation - Figures of speech
- Multiple resources on Biblical Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
- Is Your Interpretation Supernaturalistic, Naturalistic, Existentialistic, Dogmatic?
- Typology - Study of Biblical types
- Overview of Inductive Study with Observation Worksheet and example of how to mark a page
- Precepts for Life
- Precept Ministries Louisiana