CONSIDER JESUS OUR GREAT HIGH PRIEST
Click chart to enlarge
Charts from Jensen's Survey of the NT - used by permission
Another Overview Chart - Hebrews - Charles Swindoll
Another Overview Chart
- Hebrews 8 God's Justice was Swallowed by His Love
BEREAN CHRISTIAN RESOURCES
Charles Spurgeon = "goodly volume," recommended "attentive perusal"
DEFENDER'S STUDY BIBLE NOTES - DR HENRY MORRIS
Note: Click links in right column for notes on that verse - not all verses have notes. Scroll to bottom of page for additional notes from Third Millennium Study Bible Notes.
Spurgeon: "Thoroughly learned, but wants unction. Not adapted for common readers, but scholars will prize it greatly."
DAVID DICKSON (1839)
Spurgeon: "This is generally to be found in connection with the author’s “Brief Exposition on Matthew.” (No. 1035.) We need say no more than—get it, and you will find abundance of suggestions for profitable trains of thought."
EXPOSITOR'S DICTIONARY OF TEXTS
- Hebrews 8:1-5 The Main Point
- Hebrews 8:1-6 Christ Mediator of the New Covenant
- Hebrews 8:7-13 The New Covenant
- Hebrews 8:13 He Hath Made The First Old
JAMES A FOWLER - CHRISTOCENTRIC COMMENTARY SERIES
Spurgeon's critique: We greatly prize Gouge. Many will think his system of observations cumbrous, and so, perhaps, it is; but upon any topic which he touches he gives outlines which may supply sermons for months.
Spurgeon: "A posthumous work, and issued, not as a finished exposition, but as “Notes of an intended Exposition.” Very valuable for all that."
F. B. HOLE
DAVID HOLWICK - Sermon
SCOTT LINDSAY - Sermon
ARCHIBALD MCLEAN - 1820
Spurgeon: "One of the most judicious and solid expositions ever written."
OLD TESTAMENT Quotations & Allusions In Hebrews
Note: Allusions marked with asterisk (*)
Note also that many of the OT quotes are from the Septuagint (Lxx) which is why the wording may appear somewhat different.
- He 8:1 <> Ps 110:1*
- He 8:5 <> Ex 25:40
- He 8:8 <> Je 31:31 - Jeremiah 31:31 Commentary
- He 8:9 <> Je 31:32- Jeremiah 31:32 Commentary
- He 8:10 <> Je 31:33- Jeremiah 31:33 Commentary
- He 8:11 <> Je 31:34a- Jeremiah 31:34 Commentary
- He 8:12 <> Je 31:34b- Jeremiah 31:34 Commentary
REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE
- Heb 8:1–6
- Heb 8:1
- Heb 8:2
- Heb 8:3
- Heb 8:4
- Heb 8:5
- Heb 8:6
- Heb 8:7–13
- Heb 8:7
- Heb 8:8
- Heb 8:10
- Heb 8:11
- Heb 8:12
- Heb 8:13
ROB SALVATO Sermons
- Hebrews 8:1 We Have Such A High Priest
- Hebrews 8:6 A New Covenant Part 1: A New Heart
- Hebrews 8:10 The New Covenant Part 2
- Hebrews 8:10 The New Covenant Part 3: Justification
- Hebrews 8:10 The New Covenant Part 4: The Holy Spirit
- Hebrews Commentary - Christ Superior in Life and Superior in Death - Verse by Verse Study - 137 pages
James Rosscup writes that this work exhibits "Careful insight into the text and fine articulation of the meaning by a Hebrew Christian."
Spurgeon: Mr. Saphir has always something to say worthy of the attention of spiritual minds. His mind finds a track of its own, but he is never speculative. We always enjoy his remarks, though he is not specially terse or brilliant.
SERMON BIBLE COMMENTARY
JOSEPH SUTCLIFFE Commentary
JOHN TRAPP Commentary
DANIEL WHEDON Commentary