1 CORINTHIANS - PROBLEMS OF A LOCAL CHURCH
Click chart to enlarge
Charts from Jensen's Survey of the NT - used by permission
- Baker Evangelical Dictionary Corinthians, First and Second, Theology
- Easton's Bible Dictionary Corinthians, First Epistle to the
- Fausset Bible Dictionary Corinthians, the Epistles to the
- Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible Corinthians, First Epistle to the; Second Epistle
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Corinthians, First Epistle to the
- McClintock and Strong's Bible Encyclopedia Corinthians, First Epistle to The
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia Corinthians, Epistles to the
- Holman - 1 Corinthians , 2 Corinthians
HENRY ALFORD The New Testament for English Readers 1 Corinthians Commentary
James Rosscup writes that Alford's series on the New Testament "contains much that is valuable in the Greek New Testament… though all of the Greek New Testament words have been changed to English throughout." (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors: An Annotated Bibliography of Selected Works)
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (see his comments in following entry on Alford).
Editorial Note: If you are not proficient in Greek, you will find this work considerably more useful than the following work by Alford, because in this volume he translates the Greek and Latin into English. While the "The Greek New Testament" is longer (e.g., English version of 1John = 66 pages compared to Greek version = 94 pages in part because the latter includes comments of more technical nature), the substance of the commentary is otherwise similar to that found in the "NT for English Readers".
HENRY ALFORD The Greek New Testament 1 Corinthians Commentary
James Rosscup writes that "This was the great work in the life of the versatile Dean of Canterbury. An outcome of this production was the New Testament for English Readers (4 vols.). Alford was a Calvinist, conservative and premillennial, though not dispensational. He takes a literal interpretation of the thousand years in Rev. 20 and has a famous quote there, is strong on sovereign election as in Ro 8:29, 30 and 1Pe 1:2, but, unfortunately, holds to baptismal regeneration in such texts as Titus 3:5 and John 3:5. He shows a great knowledge of the Greek text and faces problems of both a doctrinal and textual nature." (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors: An Annotated Bibliography of Selected Works)
John Piper writes ""When I’m stumped with a… grammatical or syntactical or logical [question] in Paul, I go to Henry Alford. Henry Alford… comes closer more consistently than any other human commentator to asking my kinds of questions."
Charles Haddon Spurgeon writes that this text "is an invaluable aid to the critical study of the text of the New Testament. You will find in it the ripened results of a matured scholarship, the harvesting of a judgment, generally highly impartial, always worthy of respect, which has gleaned from the most important fields of Biblical research, both modern and ancient, at home and abroad. You will not look here for any spirituality of thought or tenderness of feeling; you will find the learned Dean does not forget to do full justice to his own views, and is quite able to express himself vigorously against his opponents; but for what it professes to be, it is an exceedingly able and successful work. The later issues are by far the most desirable, as the author has considerably revised the work in the fourth edition. What I have said of his Greek Testament applies equally to Alford’s New Testament for English Readers,* which is also a standard work." (Spurgeon, C. H. Lectures to my Students, Vol. 4: Commenting and Commentaries; Lectures Addressed to the students of the Pastors' College, Metropolitan Tabernacle)
GREGG ALLEN - SERMONS
PAUL APPLE Commentary - Excellent material for sermon preparation
- 1 Corinthians Commentary - Published 2009. 445 pages
JACK ARNOLD SERMONS Over 450 pages of conservative, evangelical sermon material. Excellent resource
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 The Preeminence Of Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 The Properties Of Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 The Permanence Of Love
WAYNE BARBER - one of my favorites - recommended, practical teaching on the "Christ life"
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 - The Absolute Proof of a Surrendered Life – Part 2
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 - Nine Characteristics of Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:6-7 - When Love Is Present
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-12 - Love That Never Fails
- 1 Corinthians 13:12-13 - His Love That Will Not Let Us Go
WILLIAM BARCLAY Commentary on the Gospel of Mark Daily Study Bible
D Edmond Hiebert - Prints the author's own translation. Valuable for its numerous helpful word studies and background material. Barclay holds that Christ's descent into Hades gave those who there heard Him a second chance.
Comment: I appreciate Barclay's unique insights on Greek words, but clearly his teaching about a "second chance" is NOT sound doctrine! Be an Acts 17:11 Berean with Barclay. See discussion of his orthodoxy especially the article "The Enigmatic William Barclay".
ALBERT BARNES Commentary
James Rosscup writes that Barnes "includes 16 volumes on the Old Testament, 11 on the New Testament. The New Testament part of this old work was first published in 1832–1851. Various authors contributed. It is evangelical and amillennial… Often the explanations of verses are very worthwhile." (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors: An Annotated Bibliography of Selected Works)
C H Spurgeon "Albert Barnes is a learned and able divine, but his productions are unequal in value, the gospels are of comparatively little worth, but his other comments are extremely useful for Sunday-school teachers and persons with a narrow range of reading, endowed with enough good sense to discriminate between good and evil… Placed by the side of the great masters, Barnes is a lesser light, but taking his work for what it is and professes to be, no minister can afford to be without it, and this is no small praise for works which were only intended for Sunday-school teachers." (Lectures to my Students, Vol. 4: Commenting and Commentaries; Lectures Addressed to the students of the Pastors' College, Metropolitan Tabernacle)
BRIAN BELL Sermons on Mark
CHRIS BENFIELD SERMONS
JOHANN BENGEL Gnomon of the New Testament
JOHANN BENGEL The Critical English Testament
Combination of Gnomon above + Comments by other expositors [in brackets] (Recommended if not conversant with Greek)
BIBLE.ORG RESOURCES 1 Corinthians
Resources that Reference this Book
Illustrations from Bible.org
BIBLICAL ILLUSTRATOR 1 Corinthians Joseph Exell, Editor
- 1 Corinthians 1 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 2 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 3 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 4 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 5 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 6 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 7 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 8 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 9 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 10 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 11 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 12 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 13 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 14 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 15 Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 16 Commentary
JIM BOMKAMP - Sermon Notes - Calvary Chapel Green Bay
BRIDGEWAY BIBLE COMMENTARY 1 Corinthians Commentary
F F BRUCE
WILLIAM BURKITT 1 Corinthians Commentary
PAUL BUTLER Studies in 1 Corinthians Commentary
- 1 Corinthians Commentary - scroll through bookcase for 1 Corinthians - some good material but Church of Christ perspective so be an "Acts 17:11+" Berean.
- 1 Corinthians Commentary another source - pdf
JOHN CALVIN 1 Corinthians Commentary
CAMBRIDGE GREEK TESTAMENT 1 Corinthians Commentary
Parry, R. S. J. The First Epistle of Paul to the Corinthians.
ALAN CARR 1 Corinthians Sermon Notes
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 What Matters Most
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 God's Greatest Gift To His Church
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 A Strong Rope For Rough Seas
D MARION CLARK - it will ask you to "Click here to download your attachment" (I checked it and it works fine - no virus or adware)
ADAM CLARKE 1 Corinthians Commentary
Click for brief critique of Clarke
THOMAS CONSTABLE 1 Corinthians Expository Notes
W A CRISWELL 1 Corinthians Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 The More Excellent Way
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 The More Excellent Way
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 The More Excellent Way
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Never-failing Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:9-12 Immortality and Recognition
- 1 Corinthians 13:9-12 Shall We Know One Another In Heaven?
- 1 Corinthians 13:9-12 Will We Know One Another In Heaven?
J LIGON DUNCAN
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 Love is the Greatest Thing - David Strain
CHARLES ELLICOTT - Editor. Commentary written by T. T. Shore
CRITICAL AND EXEGETICAL COMMENTARY First Epistle of St Paul To The Corinthians Archibald Robertson, Alfred Plummer
Rosscup: This, after Fee, is the most detailed and the best critical commentary on the epistle. Though not as readable as works by Godet, Grosheide, Johnson and Morris, it is more detailed in discussing possibilities for a given passage. (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors: An annotated bibliography of selected works)
D Edmond Hiebert - Greek text Important introduction and a very thorough treatment of the Greek text, bringing out its finer shades of meaning. Essential for the careful student of the original text.
BOB DEFFINBAUGH 1 Corinthians Sermons
EXPOSITOR'S DICTIONARY OF TEXTS
MARCUS DODS The Expositor's Bible Commentary on 1 Corinthians
JOHN DUMMELOW 1 Corinthians Commentary
THOMAS EDWARDS 1 Corinthians Commentary
In Depth Verse by Verse Commentary
D Edmond Hiebert - Greek text. An exhaustive exposition by an independent, evangelical British scholar of the past century.
JONATHAN EDWARDS 1 Corinthians Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Love, the Sum of All Virtue
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 Love More Excellent than the Extraordinary Gifts of the Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 13:3 The Greatest Performances or Sufferings in Vain Without Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 Love Disposes Us Meekly to Bear the Injuries Received From Others
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 Love Disposes Us to Do Good
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 Love Inconsistent with an Evil Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 The Spirit of Love is a Humble Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 13:5 The Spirit of Love the Opposite of a Selfish Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 13:5 The Spirit of Love the Opposite of an Angry or Wrathful Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 13:5 The Spirit of Love the Opposite of a Censorious Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 13:6 All True Grace in the Heart to Holy Practice in the Life
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 Love, or a Christian Spirit, Willing to Undergo all Sufferings in the Way of Duty
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 All the Graces of Christianity Connected
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 Love, or True Grace, Not to be Overthrown by Opposition
- 1 Corinthians 13:8 Holy Spirit to be Communicated to Saints in the Grace of Love or Divine Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 Heaven, A World of Love
TIMOTHY EDWARDS 1 Corinthians Commentary
CHARLES R ERDMAN THE FIRST EPISTLE OF PAUL TO THE CORINTHIANS (1928)
D Edmond Hiebert - A brief conservative exposition by a Presbyterian professor of the past generation. Well adapted to the non-professional Bible student.
EXPLORE THE BIBLE
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 How Can I Express Love?
EXPOSITOR'S GREEK TESTAMENT 1 Corinthians Commentary G. G. Findlay
D Edmond Hiebert - A thorough commentary on the Greek text by an evangelical Methodist scholar of the past generation. Characterized by a thorough grasp of Pauline thought in the epistle. For the advanced student.
A C GAEBELEIN
JOHN GILL 1 Corinthians Commentary
FRÉDÉRIC GODET 1 Corinthians Commentary
Rosscup: Godet, a Swiss Protestant Reformed scholar, was Professor of New Testament in the Free Evangelical Theological School, Neuchatel. He deals seriously with the text in the Greek, usually giving solid comments in a serious effort to explain a passage and showing connections between sections. His is one of the finer works among the older commentaries, well-worth consulting for its scholarship and its warm strain. (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors)
D Edmond Hiebert - An exhaustive technical commentary by a conservative French scholar of the past century. Valuable for its exegesis and warm spiritual views but weak and out of date in matters of textual criticism.
BRUCE GOETTSCHE 1 Corinthians Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-7 Learning to Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:4,5 Love is Not
- 1 Corinthians 13:5 Love is Not Angry
- 1 Corinthians 13:6,7 Love's Focus
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-12 Love Never Fails
GOTQUESTIONS 1 CORINTHIANS
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 - What does it mean that love is patient?
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 - What does it mean that love is kind?
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 - What does it mean that love does not envy?
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 - What does it mean that love does not boast?
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 - What does it mean that love is not proud?
- 1 Corinthians 13:5 - What does it mean that love is not rude?
- 1 Corinthians 13:5 - What does it mean that love is not self-seeking?
- 1 Corinthians 13:5 - What does it mean that love is not easily angered?
- 1 Corinthians 13:5 - What does it mean that love keeps no record of wrongs?
- 1 Corinthians 13:6 - What does it mean that love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth?
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 - What does it mean that love always protects)?
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 - What does it mean that love always trusts?
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 - What does it mean that love always hopes?
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 - What does it mean that love always perseveres?
- 1 Corinthians 13:8 - What does it mean that love never fails?
- 1 Corinthians 13:10 - What is the meaning of "perfect"?
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 - What does it mean that faith, hope, and love remain (1 Corinthians 13:13)?
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 - What does it mean that the greatest of these is love?
H L GOUDGE THE FIRST EPISTLE TO THE CORINTHIANS 1915
D Edmond Hiebert - A very helpful commentary aimed at meeting the needs of the theological student and the clergy by an evangelical British scholar. Various added notes supplement the concise comments on the individual verses.
Verse by verse and phrase by phrase.
L M GRANT
DAVE GUZIK 1 Corinthians Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 13:1 The One Thing Needful
- 1 Corinthians 13:12 The Partial and the Perfect
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 These Three
MATTHEW HENRY 1 Corinthians Commentary
DAVID HOCKING - series of sermons
- Studies in 1 Corinthians - 153 pages - Interesting resource. Outline format with lots of alliteration.
CHARLES HODGE 1 Corinthians Commentary
Spurgeon: The more we use Hodge, the more we value him. This applies to all his commentaries. (Lectures to my Students, Vol. 4: Commenting and Commentaries)
Rosscup: The famous theologian’s work, originally in 1857, is very worthy of reprint and much used by pastors, students and lay people in general. As on Romans, he explains each verse in a careful manner, informed by much study, and is particularly adept and helpful in bringing out the doctrinal truth. Those who use his works find much assistance in thinking through issues consistently with Scripture, seen from a Reformed perspective.
Cyril Barber - This important exposition of the doctrine contained in this epistle explains the essence of church member effectiveness, enlarges on the nature of Christian liberty, and discusses the principles and practice of the Christian assembly.
Keith Mathison (Ligonier Ministries): There are many who would ignore these older commentaries in favor of newer works, but in this case at least, that would be a major mistake. Hodge’s work is filled with valuable insight into Paul’s letter. Highly recommended.
F B HOLE
HOLMAN STUDY BIBLE
- Holman Christian Standard Bible - Study Bible (HCSB Study Bible)
- Well done notes. Here is a sample comment on 1 Cor 6:9-11 "Believers should not be deceived into thinking that unbelieving judges (the unrighteous) and their slap-on-the-wrist verdicts about serious sin can render justice in the church. These people have no inheritance in God's kingdom. Only believers, who are washed... sanctified, and justified, can rightly judge sins (1 Cor 6:1). Paul's Corinthian readers would also take this admonition as a cause for asking themselves if their behavior matched that of "the unrighteous" or that of the "washed," the "sanctified," and the "justified.""
DAVID HOLWICK - frequent illustrations
- 1 Corinthians 13 To Be In Love
- 1 Corinthians 13 Gifts Glue
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 What Love Is All About
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Is Love Selfish?
HARRY IRONSIDE 1 Corinthians Commentary
Rosscup: A popular work of a survey nature, this is helpful because of its insight into the problems of the Corinthians and the practical applications today. The illustrations are good. (One of the better commentaries with a devotional flavor).
D Edmond Hiebert - A series of 39 expository addresses by a well-known Bible teacher-pastor covering the entire epistle. Practical and informative lectures with numerous pertinent illustrations. Premillennial in emphasis.
JAMIESON, FAUSSET, BROWN 1 Corinthians Commentary
S LEWIS JOHNSON 1 Corinthians Sermons
Rosscup (on his work in Wycliffe Bible Commentary): This work in the English, based upon a careful study of the Greek text, is helpful because it gets right to the crux of problems. However, by necessity, it is brief.
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 The More Excellent Way
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 The Face of Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 Unchanging Endless Love
JOHN H JOWETT
- D Edmond Hiebert -An independent, conservative exposition by a Plymouth Brethren scholar of the past century. The footnotes deal mostly with manuscript evidence for variant textual readings.
C F KLING 1861
- D Edmond Hiebert-A voluminous conservative Lutheran exposition. The epistles are divided into convenient paragraphs, with the material under each section appearing in three parts, exegetical and critical, doctrinal and ethical, homiletical and practical. Contains much rich ore to be mined by those willing to dig into its closely printed pages.
STEVE KRELOFF - Messianic pastor
STEVE LEWIS 1 Corinthians Studies
Web show Slide Presentation. Message Notes and Audio
JAMES LIAS - Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges
JOHN MACARTHUR 1 Corinthians Sermons
- Marks of a Healthy Church - Selected Scriptures - 8 Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 13:1 Languages Without Love - Study Guide (see drop down)
- 1 Corinthians 13:1 Languages Without Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 The Prominence of Love - Study Guide (see drop down)
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 The Prominence of Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:4a The Qualities of True Love-- 1 - Study Guide (see drop down)
- 1 Corinthians 13:4a The Qualities of True Love-- 1
- 1 Corinthians 13:4d-5c The Qualities of True Love-- 2 - Study Guide (see drop down)
- 1 Corinthians 13:4d-5c The Qualities of True Love-- 2
- 1 Corinthians 13:5c-6 The Qualities of True Love-- 3 - Study Guide (see drop down)
- 1 Corinthians 13:5c-6 The Qualities of True Love-- 3
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 The Qualities of True Love-- 4 - Study Guide (see drop down)
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 The Qualities of True Love-- 4
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 Prophecy
- 1 Corinthians 13:8 The Permanence of Love-- 1 - Study Guide (see drop down)
- 1 Corinthians 13:8 The Permanence of Love-- 1
- 1 Corinthians 13:8 The Permanence of Love-- 2 - Study Guide (see drop down)
- 1 Corinthians 13:8 The Permanence of Love-- 2
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 The Permanence of Love-- 3 - Study Guide (see drop down)
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 The Permanence of Love-- 3
JOHN MACARTHUR'S QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Is Biblical Love a Feeling or an Action?
- 1 Corinthians 13 Why Is Love the Greatest?
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love: A Feeling, or Action?
ALEXANDER MACLAREN 1 Corinthians Expository Sermons
J VERNON MCGEE
F B MEYER
HEINRICH MEYER 1 Corinthians Commentary
JAMES MOFFATT Commentary on 1 Corinthians 1938
D Edmond Hiebert -Based on Moffatt's own translation. A critical exposition by a liberal British scholar of note. Helpful for its treatment of critical problems raised by a close study of the text.
HENRY MORRIS - DEFENDER'S STUDY BIBLE
- Defender's Study Bible Excellent, conservative, literal study Bible notes from a leading creationist Dr Henry Morris.
- Links to Notes in Right Margin = 13
NET BIBLE NOTES 1 Corinthians Commentary
JAMES NISBET 1 Corinthians Church Pulpit Commentary
HERMANN OLSHAUSEN A Commentary on Paul's First and Second Epistles to the Corinthians.
Cyril Barber - First published in 1855. This highly esteemed exegetical and expository work enlivens the sacred page and enriches the spiritual life of the reader. "Pays careful attention to the theological exposition, entering into the marrow of religious ideas, and introducing the student to the spirit and inward unity of the divine revelation" (Philip Schaff). (Click here for links to Second Corinthians comments).
OUR DAILY BREAD Devotionals and Sermon Illustrations 1 Corinthians
- 1 Corinthians 13 The Other Side of Thank You
- 1 Corinthians 13 You Missed the Chance
- 1 Corinthians 13 Patience Needed
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Comes First
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Never Fails
- 1 Corinthians 13 Loving Our Grown Up Children
- 1 Corinthians 13 The Greatest Race
- 1 Corinthians 13 How to Help Those Who Hurt
- 1 Corinthians 13 There is Love-2
- 1 Corinthians 13 Concrete Love
- 1 Corinthians 13 How Can We Love?
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Is For Losers?
- 1 Corinthians 13 Helping Love Grow
- 1 Corinthians 13 Remembering to Forget
- 1 Corinthians 13 The Cry for Love
- 1 Corinthians 13 Learning How to Love
- 1 Corinthians 13 No Record of Wrongs
- 1 Corinthians 13 The Essential Ingredient
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love's Check List
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Believes All Things
- 1 Corinthians 13 How To Help Those Who Hurt
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 Real Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 Enduring Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-7 Changing Your World
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 The Greatest Thing in the World
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 When to Speak Up
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 The Other Side Of Thank You
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 Bellyaching And Its Cure
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Selfless Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Too Helpful
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Rudeness on the Rise
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love Goes Beyond Liking
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-13 Learning To Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:5 Beware Of A Judgmental Spirit!
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 There is Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 The Benefit Of The Doubt
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 Childish or Child-like
- 1 Corinthians 13:11 Pretend
- 1 Corinthians 13:12 Impaired Vision
- 1 Corinthians 13:12 What Will We Do in Heaven?
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 Love Never Fails
JOSEPH PARKER 1 Corinthians Sermons "The People's Bible"
JOHN PIPER 1 Corinthians Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 The Greatest of These Is Love Dying As a Means of Loving Part Two
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-14:5 Compassion, Power & the Kingdom of God When Will Prophecy Cease?
MATTHEW POOLE Commentary 1 Corinthians
RICHARD PRATT - about 200 pages, essentially verse by verse
PREACHER'S COMMENTARY ON 1 CORINTHIANS 1 Corinthians A Homiletical Commentary
- 1 CORINTHIANS 13 CRITICAL NOTES -- following topics are covered
1 Corinthians 13 Whole Chapter - Homiletical Analysis
1 Corinthians 13 Love's Way of Life
1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Without Love -- Nothing!
1 Corinthians 13:2 Man Worth
1 Corinthians 13:5 Thinks No Evil
1 Corinthians 13:8 Love's Immortality
1 Corinthians 13:9 We Know in Part
1 Corinthians 13:11 Childhood and Manhood
1 Corinthians 13:13 Greatest Because Godlike
1 Corinthians 13:13 Love Greatest
1 Corinthians 13 Homiletic Suggestions
PRECEPT MINISTRIES Inductive Bible Study
- 1 Corinthians 1-16 - Download Lesson 1
- Lecture 6 Now Concerning Spiritual Gifts… - 1 Corinthians 12-14
RAY PRITCHARD Keep Believing Ministries 1 Corinthians Sermons
Excellent sermons with illustrations and many practical applications.
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 The Greatest of These
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-6 Why Love Has a Bad Memory
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 Love Never Gives Up
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 Grow Up
PULPIT COMMENTARY 1 Corinthians Sermons and Homiletics
Scroll Down Each Page for Homilies
WILLIAM M RAMSAY - HISTORICAL COMMENTARY ON THE EPISTLES TO THE CORINTHIANS
Review by Cyril Barber - Ramsay’s writings are always worth reading. His discussions of perplexing issues are timely. He is unafraid of controversy, and his judgment on most issues is to be trusted. Two interesting chapters capture our attention: “Was Paul Married?” and “Had Paul Seen Jesus?” These essays originally appeared in The Expositor (1900--1901).
REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE 1 CORINTHIANS
- 1 Cor 13:1–3
- 1 Cor 13:4–7
- 1 Cor 13:5
- 1 Cor 13:7
- 1 Cor 13:8
- 1 Cor 13:10
- 1 Cor 13:12
- 1 Cor 13:13
- 1 Cor 14:1
A. T. ROBERTSON Word Pictures in the New Testament 1 Corinthians
J. C. RYLE
JOHNNY L SANDERS - 319 pages, verse by verse commentary, well-done
In addition to verse by verse, Dr Sanders has occasional illustrations and also does phrase by phrase - very useful if you are preaching through 1 Corinthians.
SERMON AUDIO - pdf transcripts - variable quality. Be a Berean.
SERMON BIBLE COMMENTARY 1 Corinthians
Excerpts from many expositors.
CHARLES SIMEON Sermons on 1 Corinthians
NOTE: If you are not familiar with the great saint Charles Simeon see Dr John Piper's discussion of Simeon's life - you will want to read Simeon's sermons after meeting him! - click Brothers We Must Not Mind a Little Suffering (Mp3 even better
- 1 Corinthians 13:1–3 THE IMPORTANCE OF CHRISTIAN CHARITY
- 1 Corinthians 13:4–7 A DESCRIPTION OF CHARITY
- 1 Corinthians 13:9–12 THE SAINTS’ VIEWS IN HEAVEN
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 FAITH, HOPE, AND CHARITY, COMPARED
CHUCK SMITH 1 Corinthians Commentary
R C SPROUL - Ligonier Devotionals
- 1 Corinthians 13 Transformation into Glory
- 1 Corinthians 13 Patience and Kindness
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Versus Death
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 The Priority of Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:1–3 The Priority of Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:4–8a Lovingkindness
- 1 Corinthians 13:4–5 Selfless Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Selfless Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 Not Envious or Boastful
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 Not Envious or Boastful
- 1 Corinthians 13:5-6 Love and Evil
- 1 Corinthians 13:6-7 Truth and Hope
- 1 Corinthians 13:5–6 Love and Evil
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 Enduring Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:6–7 Truth and Hope
- 1 Corinthians 13:7–10 Love Never Ends
- 1 Corinthians 13:8–13 Maturity
- 1 Corinthians 13:11–13 Growing Up in Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:11-13 Growing Up in Love
C. H. SPURGEON All His Sermons on 1 Corinthians
C H Spurgeon Expositions on 1 Corinthians
RAY STEDMAN Expository Studies in First Corinthians
Cyril Barber - Excellent examples of biblical exposition, revealing at the same time rich insights into Paul's life and thought. Highly recommended.
JOHN STEVENSON - has some nice tables and diagrams
JOSEPH SUTCLIFFE Commentary 1 Corinthians
THIRD MILLENNIUM - Study Notes 1 CorinthiansChapter 1
- The Supremacy of Love in the Covenant Community - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
- Have not love - 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
- Love is ... love does not ... love is not ... love keeps not ... love does not ... love always ... - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- Love never fails - 1 Corinthians 13:8-13
TODAY IN THE WORD Devotional Illustrations 1 Corinthians
DAVID THOMPSON - each Pdf is about 3 pages long and there are 75 messages
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (Part 1)
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (Part 2)
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (Part 3)
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-13
JOHN TRAPP Commentary 1 Corinthians
MARVIN VINCENT Testament Word Studies 1 Corinthians
STEVE ZEISLER 1 Corinthians Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 13 The Supremacy of Love
- 1 Corinthians 13 A More Excellent Way
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Without Love I Am Nothing
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a Love Never Fails
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-11 Giving Up Childish Things
- 1 Corinthians 13:12-13 The Greatest of these is Love