1 CORINTHIANS - PROBLEMS OF A LOCAL CHURCH
Click chart to enlarge
Charts from Jensen's Survey of the NT - used by permission
- Baker Evangelical Dictionary Corinthians, First and Second, Theology
- Easton's Bible Dictionary Corinthians, First Epistle to the
- Fausset Bible Dictionary Corinthians, the Epistles to the
- Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible Corinthians, First Epistle to the; Second Epistle
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Corinthians, First Epistle to the
- McClintock and Strong's Bible Encyclopedia Corinthians, First Epistle to The
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia Corinthians, Epistles to the
- Holman - 1 Corinthians , 2 Corinthians
HENRY ALFORD The New Testament for English Readers 1 Corinthians Commentary
Read his fascinating brief biography - Henry Alford (1810-1871) and Phil Johnson's related comments
James Rosscup writes that Alford's series on the New Testament "contains much that is valuable in the Greek New Testament… though all of the Greek New Testament words have been changed to English throughout." (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors: An Annotated Bibliography of Selected Works)
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (see his comments in following entry on Alford).
Editorial Note: If you are not proficient in Greek, you will find this work considerably more useful than the following work by Alford, because in this volume he translates the Greek and Latin into English. While the "The Greek New Testament" is longer (e.g., English version of 1John = 66 pages compared to Greek version = 94 pages in part because the latter includes comments of more technical nature), the substance of the commentary is otherwise similar to that found in the "NT for English Readers".
HENRY ALFORD The Greek New Testament 1 Corinthians Commentary
James Rosscup writes that "This was the great work in the life of the versatile Dean of Canterbury. An outcome of this production was the New Testament for English Readers (4 vols.). Alford was a Calvinist, conservative and premillennial, though not dispensational. He takes a literal interpretation of the thousand years in Rev. 20 and has a famous quote there, is strong on sovereign election as in Ro 8:29, 30 and 1Pe 1:2, but, unfortunately, holds to baptismal regeneration in such texts as Titus 3:5 and John 3:5. He shows a great knowledge of the Greek text and faces problems of both a doctrinal and textual nature." (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors: An Annotated Bibliography of Selected Works)
John Piper writes ""When I’m stumped with a… grammatical or syntactical or logical [question] in Paul, I go to Henry Alford. Henry Alford… comes closer more consistently than any other human commentator to asking my kinds of questions."
Charles Haddon Spurgeon writes that this text "is an invaluable aid to the critical study of the text of the New Testament. You will find in it the ripened results of a matured scholarship, the harvesting of a judgment, generally highly impartial, always worthy of respect, which has gleaned from the most important fields of Biblical research, both modern and ancient, at home and abroad. You will not look here for any spirituality of thought or tenderness of feeling; you will find the learned Dean does not forget to do full justice to his own views, and is quite able to express himself vigorously against his opponents; but for what it professes to be, it is an exceedingly able and successful work. The later issues are by far the most desirable, as the author has considerably revised the work in the fourth edition. What I have said of his Greek Testament applies equally to Alford’s New Testament for English Readers,* which is also a standard work." (Spurgeon, C. H. Lectures to my Students, Vol. 4: Commenting and Commentaries; Lectures Addressed to the students of the Pastors' College, Metropolitan Tabernacle)
GREGG ALLEN - SERMONS
- 1 Corinthians 15 The Difference the Resurrection Makes
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 The Essential Proclamation
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 If the Dead Do Not Rise
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 Each One in His Own Order
- 1 Corinthians 15:29-34 The Motivating Power of the Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 How Are the Dead Raised Up?
PAUL APPLE Commentary - Excellent material for sermon preparation
- 1 Corinthians Commentary - Published 2009. 445 pages
JACK ARNOLD SERMONS Over 450 pages of conservative, evangelical sermon material. Excellent resource
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 The Resurrection And The Gospel
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 What If Christ Is Not Risen?
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-34 The Resurrection And The End Of The World
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 The New, Resurrected Body
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 Victory Through Christ
WAYNE BARBER - one of my favorites - recommended, practical teaching on the "Christ life"
- 1 Corinthians 15 - Up From the Grave, He Arose!
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 - The Resurrection of the Dead
- 1 Corinthians 15:8-10 - A Man that God Can Use
- 1 Corinthians 15:11-19 - Christ the Solid Rock
WILLIAM BARCLAY Commentary on the Gospel of Mark Daily Study Bible
D Edmond Hiebert - Prints the author's own translation. Valuable for its numerous helpful word studies and background material. Barclay holds that Christ's descent into Hades gave those who there heard Him a second chance.
Comment: I appreciate Barclay's unique insights on Greek words, but clearly his teaching about a "second chance" is NOT sound doctrine! Be an Acts 17:11 Berean with Barclay. See discussion of his orthodoxy especially the article "The Enigmatic William Barclay".
ALBERT BARNES Commentary
James Rosscup writes that Barnes "includes 16 volumes on the Old Testament, 11 on the New Testament. The New Testament part of this old work was first published in 1832–1851. Various authors contributed. It is evangelical and amillennial… Often the explanations of verses are very worthwhile." (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors: An Annotated Bibliography of Selected Works)
C H Spurgeon "Albert Barnes is a learned and able divine, but his productions are unequal in value, the gospels are of comparatively little worth, but his other comments are extremely useful for Sunday-school teachers and persons with a narrow range of reading, endowed with enough good sense to discriminate between good and evil… Placed by the side of the great masters, Barnes is a lesser light, but taking his work for what it is and professes to be, no minister can afford to be without it, and this is no small praise for works which were only intended for Sunday-school teachers." (Lectures to my Students, Vol. 4: Commenting and Commentaries; Lectures Addressed to the students of the Pastors' College, Metropolitan Tabernacle)
JOSEPH BEET - 1 Corinthians Commentary
D Edmond Hiebert - A clear and full interpretation by a British Methodist scholar of the past century. Its doctrinal summaries are intended as a contribution to systematic theology.
BRIAN BELL Sermons on Mark
- I Corinthians 15:1-11 The Gospel & The Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-49 “Now Christ IS Risen!” (Word Doc)
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 “Changed!” (Word Doc)
- I Corinthians 15:35-58 The Death of Death
CHRIS BENFIELD SERMONS
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-6 The Gospel of Easter
- 1 Corinthians 15:19 The Hope of Salvation
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Abounding in the Lord
JOHANN BENGEL Gnomon of the New Testament
JOHANN BENGEL The Critical English Testament
Combination of Gnomon above + Comments by other expositors [in brackets] (Recommended if not conversant with Greek)
BIBLE.ORG RESOURCES 1 Corinthians
Resources that Reference this Book
Illustrations from Bible.org
- 1 Corinthians 15:10
- 1 Corinthians 15:29
- 1 Corinthians 15:33
- 1 Corinthians 15:37
- 1 Corinthians 15:42ff
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-58
- 1 Corinthians 15:55
- 1 Corinthians 15:55
- 1 Corinthians 15:56
BIBLICAL ILLUSTRATOR 1 Corinthians Joseph Exell, Editor
JIM BOMKAMP - Sermon Notes - Calvary Chapel Green Bay
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-20 Things Of First Importance Doctrinally
- 1 Corinthians 15:21-44 We'll Be Raised To Glory
- 1 Corinthians 15:45-58 Having Born The Image Of The Earthly, We Shall Bear The Image Of The Heavenly
BRIDGEWAY BIBLE COMMENTARY 1 Corinthians Commentary
WILLIAM BURKITT 1 Corinthians Commentary
PAUL BUTLER Studies in 1 Corinthians Commentary
- 1 Corinthians Commentary - scroll through bookcase for 1 Corinthians - some good material but Church of Christ perspective so be an "Acts 17:11+" Berean.
- 1 Corinthians Commentary another source - pdf
JOHN CALVIN 1 Corinthians Commentary
CAMBRIDGE GREEK TESTAMENT 1 Corinthians Commentary
Parry, R. S. J. The First Epistle of Paul to the Corinthians.
ALAN CARR 1 Corinthians Sermon Notes
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-23 The Glorious Resurrection of Jesus
- 1 Corinthians 15:10 By The Grace Of God I Am
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 What If There Had Been No Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-23 The Benefits Of The Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 We Shall All Be Changed
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 When Trumpets Fade - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- 1 Corinthians 15:55-57 Truths That Silence Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Walking In Absolute Hope
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 Victory In Jesus
B H CARROLL
D MARION CLARK - it will ask you to "Click here to download your attachment" (I checked it and it works fine - no virus or adware)
- 1 Corinthians 15.1-11 The Gospel
- 1 Corinthians 15.12-19 The Futility of Christ's Death
- 1 Corinthians 15.20-34 What the Resurrection Means
- 1 Corinthians 15.35-49 The Ultimate Extreme Makeover
- 1 Corinthians 15.50-58 Death, Be Not Proud
ADAM CLARKE 1 Corinthians Commentary
Click for brief critique of Clarke
- Commentary from Ante-Nicene Fathers
1st Corinthians 15
THOMAS CONSTABLE 1 Corinthians Expository Notes
W A CRISWELL 1 Corinthians Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 15 The Triumph Of Christ Over Death
- 1 Corinthians 15 The Triumph Of Christ On the Cross
- 1 Corinthians 15 The Resurrection Body
- 1 Corinthians 15 The Resurrection Body
- 1 Corinthians 15 If Christ Be Not Risen
- 1 Corinthians 15 If Christ Be Not Risen
- 1 Corinthians 15:1 This Is The Good News
- 1 Corinthians 15:1 This is the Good News
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-3 The Good News
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Types of the Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-3 The Atonement Of Sin
- 1 Corinthians 15:3 The Atonement Of Sins
- 1 Corinthians 15:3 Jesus Is God's Sacrifice For Our Sins
- 1 Corinthians 15:3 The Sinner and the Sacrifice on the Cross
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 The Good News
- 1 Corinthians 15:4-22 The Resurrection of Jesus Christ: If Christ Be Not Risen
- 1 Corinthians 15:8-10 The Grace Bestowed Upon Paul
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-23 If Christ Be Not Raised
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-26 If Christ Be Not Raised
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-26 The Last Enemy: Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-49 Life Beyond Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:14 If Christ Be Not Risen
- 1 Corinthians 15:14 If Christ Be Not Risen
- 1 Corinthians 15:20 Proof: Death Resurrection of Christ
- 1 Corinthians 15:23 A Summary of Final Events: The Coming Again of the Lord
- 1 Corinthians 15:23-24 The Triumph Of Christ Over the World
- 1 Corinthians 15:23-24 The Last Enemy
- 1 Corinthians 15:26 Jesus Is The Destroyer Of Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:26 Resurrection from the Dead
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 The Spiritual Body
- 1 Corinthians 15:35ff The Resurrection Body
- 1 Corinthians 15:35ff The Resurrection Body
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-57 A Last Battle
- 1 Corinthians 15:55 The Triumph of Christ Over Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:55 Death: Terrible Or Triumphant
- 1 Corinthians 15:55 Death: Terrible Or Triumphant
- 1 Corinthians 15:55 Death: Terrible Or Triumphant
- 1 Corinthians 15 The Triumph Of Christ Over Sin and Hell
J LIGON DUNCAN
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 The Biblical Gospel
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 The Gospel Applied
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 On the Third Day He Rose Again
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-18 I Believe in the Resurrection of the Body
CHARLES ELLICOTT - Editor. Commentary written by T. T. Shore
CRITICAL AND EXEGETICAL COMMENTARY First Epistle of St Paul To The Corinthians Archibald Robertson, Alfred Plummer
Rosscup: This, after Fee, is the most detailed and the best critical commentary on the epistle. Though not as readable as works by Godet, Grosheide, Johnson and Morris, it is more detailed in discussing possibilities for a given passage. (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors: An annotated bibliography of selected works)
D Edmond Hiebert - Greek text Important introduction and a very thorough treatment of the Greek text, bringing out its finer shades of meaning. Essential for the careful student of the original text.
BOB DEFFINBAUGH 1 Corinthians Sermons
EXPOSITOR'S DICTIONARY OF TEXTS
MARCUS DODS The Expositor's Bible Commentary on 1 Corinthians
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-17 The Resurrection of Christ
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-34 Consequences of Denying the Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-58 The Spiritual Body
JOHN DUMMELOW 1 Corinthians Commentary
THOMAS EDWARDS 1 Corinthians Commentary
In Depth Verse by Verse Commentary
D Edmond Hiebert - Greek text. An exhaustive exposition by an independent, evangelical British scholar of the past century.
JONATHAN EDWARDS 1 Corinthians Sermons
TIMOTHY EDWARDS 1 Corinthians Commentary
CHARLES R ERDMAN THE FIRST EPISTLE OF PAUL TO THE CORINTHIANS (1928)
D Edmond Hiebert - A brief conservative exposition by a Presbyterian professor of the past generation. Well adapted to the non-professional Bible student.
EXPOSITOR'S GREEK TESTAMENT 1 Corinthians Commentary G. G. Findlay
D Edmond Hiebert - A thorough commentary on the Greek text by an evangelical Methodist scholar of the past generation. Characterized by a thorough grasp of Pauline thought in the epistle. For the advanced student.
- Multiple discussions - select 1 Corinthians from the dropdown
- Can I Believe In Resurrection? 1 Cor. 15:1-6, 12-18, 50-52, 54b-57
RICHARD B GAFFIN
- 'Life-Giving Spirit': Probing the Center of Paul's Pneumatology - Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 41:4 (December 1998):573-89.
A C GAEBELEIN
JOHN GILL 1 Corinthians Commentary
FRÉDÉRIC GODET 1 Corinthians Commentary
Rosscup: Godet, a Swiss Protestant Reformed scholar, was Professor of New Testament in the Free Evangelical Theological School, Neuchatel. He deals seriously with the text in the Greek, usually giving solid comments in a serious effort to explain a passage and showing connections between sections. His is one of the finer works among the older commentaries, well-worth consulting for its scholarship and its warm strain. (Commentaries for Biblical Expositors)
D Edmond Hiebert - An exhaustive technical commentary by a conservative French scholar of the past century. Valuable for its exegesis and warm spiritual views but weak and out of date in matters of textual criticism.
BRUCE GOETTSCHE 1 Corinthians Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 The Simple Truth That Changes Lives
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Essential Christianity
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-34 If Christ did not Rise
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 Life After Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-44 Easter-Down on the Farm
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 The Great Mystery
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Our Risen Lord Jesus Christ
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 The Importance of Christ's Bodily Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-34 The Certainty of Christ's Bodily Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 Our Resurrection Bodies
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 The Victory Over Death
GOTQUESTIONS 1 CORINTHIANS
- 1 Corinthians 15:3–8 Why is the resurrection of Jesus Christ important?
- 1 Corinthians 15:1–4 What are the essentials of the gospel message?
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-15 Is the resurrection of Jesus Christ true?
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-34 When will the Resurrection take place?
- 1 Corinthians 15:13, 16 Why is the truth of the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ so important?.
- 1 Corinthians 15:44-46 What does Paul mean when he writes of the natural man?.
- 1 Corinthians 15:50 How will our resurrection body be different from our current body?
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-54 What is the difference between the Rapture and the Second Coming ...
- 1 Corinthians 15:52 Is the last trumpet of 1 Thessalonians 4 the same as the seventh trumpet of Revelation 11:15 and last trumpet of 1 Corinthians 15:52
- 1 Corinthians 15:29 What is baptism for the dead?
- 1 Corinthians 15:31 What did Paul mean when he said, “I die daily”?
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 How does bad company corrupt good character?
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-54 What happens after death?
- 1 Corinthians 15:51 What does the Bible say about death?
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 How can I achieve victory in Jesus?
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 What does it mean to be steadfast and unmovable?
H L GOUDGE THE FIRST EPISTLE TO THE CORINTHIANS 1915
D Edmond Hiebert - A very helpful commentary aimed at meeting the needs of the theological student and the clergy by an evangelical British scholar. Various added notes supplement the concise comments on the individual verses.
Verse by verse and phrase by phrase.
L M GRANT
DAVE GUZIK 1 Corinthians Commentary
MATTHEW HENRY 1 Corinthians Commentary
DAVID HOCKING - series of sermons
- Studies in 1 Corinthians - 153 pages - Interesting resource. Outline format with lots of alliteration.
CHARLES HODGE 1 Corinthians Commentary
See also: Questions from Charles Hodge adapted to his Exposition of 1 Corinthians.
Spurgeon: The more we use Hodge, the more we value him. This applies to all his commentaries. (Lectures to my Students, Vol. 4: Commenting and Commentaries)
Rosscup: The famous theologian’s work, originally in 1857, is very worthy of reprint and much used by pastors, students and lay people in general. As on Romans, he explains each verse in a careful manner, informed by much study, and is particularly adept and helpful in bringing out the doctrinal truth. Those who use his works find much assistance in thinking through issues consistently with Scripture, seen from a Reformed perspective.
Cyril Barber - This important exposition of the doctrine contained in this epistle explains the essence of church member effectiveness, enlarges on the nature of Christian liberty, and discusses the principles and practice of the Christian assembly.
Keith Mathison (Ligonier Ministries): There are many who would ignore these older commentaries in favor of newer works, but in this case at least, that would be a major mistake. Hodge’s work is filled with valuable insight into Paul’s letter. Highly recommended.
F B HOLE
HOLMAN STUDY BIBLE
- Holman Christian Standard Bible - Study Bible (HCSB Study Bible)
- Well done notes. Here is a sample comment on 1 Cor 6:9-11 "Believers should not be deceived into thinking that unbelieving judges (the unrighteous) and their slap-on-the-wrist verdicts about serious sin can render justice in the church. These people have no inheritance in God's kingdom. Only believers, who are washed... sanctified, and justified, can rightly judge sins (1 Cor 6:1). Paul's Corinthian readers would also take this admonition as a cause for asking themselves if their behavior matched that of "the unrighteous" or that of the "washed," the "sanctified," and the "justified.""
DAVID HOLWICK - frequent illustrations
- 1 Corinthians 15 Why I Believe in Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 You Can Believe It
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8,13-19 Why I Believe in the Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4,13-20 No One Saw It Happen
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 He Is Truly Risen
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-22 The Tipping Point
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 Corrupting Companions
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-44 Ashes to Ashes - Cremation
- 1 Corinthians 15:50 Rapture and Tribulation
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 Resurrection Bodies
HARRY IRONSIDE 1 Corinthians Commentary
Rosscup: A popular work of a survey nature, this is helpful because of its insight into the problems of the Corinthians and the practical applications today. The illustrations are good. (One of the better commentaries with a devotional flavor).
D Edmond Hiebert - A series of 39 expository addresses by a well-known Bible teacher-pastor covering the entire epistle. Practical and informative lectures with numerous pertinent illustrations. Premillennial in emphasis.
JOHN ANGELL JAMES
JAMIESON, FAUSSET, BROWN 1 Corinthians Commentary
S LEWIS JOHNSON 1 Corinthians Sermons
Rosscup (on his work in Wycliffe Bible Commentary): This work in the English, based upon a careful study of the Greek text, is helpful because it gets right to the crux of problems. However, by necessity, it is brief.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Easter Before Christmas?
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 How to Be Miserable
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 Last Adam and His Kingdom, part I
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 Last Adam and His Kingdom, part II
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 Last Adam and His Kingdom, part III
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 Last Adam and His Kingdom, part IV
- 1 Corinthians 15:29-34 Baptized for the Dead?
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 Our Resurrection Body
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 Mystery of the Lord's Coming
LOWELL JOHNSON - SERMONS ON 1 CORINTHIANS
- 1 Cor. 15:1-11 The-Gospel
- 1 Cor. 15:12-34 The-Resurrection Plan
- 1 Cor. 15:35-49 New-Bodies
- 1 Cor. 15:50-58 Victory-Over-Death
- D Edmond Hiebert -An independent, conservative exposition by a Plymouth Brethren scholar of the past century. The footnotes deal mostly with manuscript evidence for variant textual readings.
C F KLING 1861
- D Edmond Hiebert-A voluminous conservative Lutheran exposition. The epistles are divided into convenient paragraphs, with the material under each section appearing in three parts, exegetical and critical, doctrinal and ethical, homiletical and practical. Contains much rich ore to be mined by those willing to dig into its closely printed pages.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 The Facts of Faith
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-34 For Heaven's Sake
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 A Perfect 10
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 Transformed: More than Meets the Eye
STEVE KRELOFF - Messianic pastor
DAVID LEGGE - SERMONS
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11: April Fool! Was The Resurrection A Hoax?
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11: The Evidence For The Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19: The Repercussions Of No Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28: God's Resurrection Programme
- 1 Corinthians 15:29-34: Our Resurrection Incentives
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49: Our Resurrection Bodies
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58: The Death Of Death
STEVE LEWIS 1 Corinthians Studies
Web show Slide Presentation. Message Notes and Audio
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-34 Easter Before Christmas?
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-58 What will the resurrection body be like?
JAMES LIAS - Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges
DAN T LIOY
- Life and Death in Biblical Perspective: An Examination of Genesis 5, Ecclesiastes 1, and 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
JOHN MACARTHUR 1 Corinthians Sermons
(Click for list of links to all study guides on 1 Corinthians)
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-58 The Hope of the Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-58 An Overview of Resurrection Truth
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 The Evidence for Resurrection, Part 1
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 The Evidence for the Resurrection, Part 2
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Convincing Testimony to the Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 The Results of Denying Bodily Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 If Christ Didn't Rise--Then What?
- 1 Corinthians 15:19-26 The Triumph of the Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 The Resurrection Plan
- 1 Corinthians 15:29-34 Resurrection Incentives
- 1 Corinthians 15:29-34 What Jesus' Resurrection Means to Us
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 Our Resurrection Bodies
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 Victory Over Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:54-58 Abolishing Death: the Ultimate Triumph
- 1 Corinthians 15:68-16:12 Abounding in the Work of the Lord
JOHN MACARTHUR'S QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
ALEXANDER MACLAREN 1 Corinthians Expository Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4 THE POWER OF THE RESURRECTION
- 1 Corinthians 15:6 REMAINING AND FALLING ASLEEP
- 1 Corinthians 15:10 PAUL'S ESTIMATE OF HIMSELF
- 1 Corinthians 15:11 THE UNITY OF APOSTOLIC TEACHING
- 1 Corinthians 15:20 THE CERTAINTY AND JOY OF THE RESURRECTION
- 1 Corinthians 15:20, 21; 50-58 THE DEATH OF DEATH
J VERNON MCGEE
F B MEYER
HEINRICH MEYER 1 Corinthians Commentary
JAMES MOFFATT Commentary on 1 Corinthians 1938
D Edmond Hiebert -Based on Moffatt's own translation. A critical exposition by a liberal British scholar of note. Helpful for its treatment of critical problems raised by a close study of the text.
- 1 Corinthians 15 Why I Preach the Literal Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Grave
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-26 Night Vision Series: The Enemy - Death
HENRY MORRIS - DEFENDER'S STUDY BIBLE
- Defender's Study Bible Excellent, conservative, literal study Bible notes from a leading creationist Dr Henry Morris.
- Links to Notes in Right Margin = 15
NET BIBLE NOTES 1 Corinthians Commentary
JAMES NISBET 1 Corinthians Church Pulpit Commentary
HERMANN OLSHAUSEN A Commentary on Paul's First and Second Epistles to the Corinthians.
Cyril Barber - First published in 1855. This highly esteemed exegetical and expository work enlivens the sacred page and enriches the spiritual life of the reader. "Pays careful attention to the theological exposition, entering into the marrow of religious ideas, and introducing the student to the spirit and inward unity of the divine revelation" (Philip Schaff). (Click here for links to Second Corinthians comments).
OUR DAILY BREAD Devotionals and Sermon Illustrations 1 Corinthians
- 1 Corinthians 15 Thoughts of Heaven
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Rescued
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 It's Not Manmade
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 He Paid the Toll
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 Empty Proof
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 Still New
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Not A Myth
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Proof Positive
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Our Image Problem
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Would Or Did?
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Resurrection And Life
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-13 The Love of God
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-19 Fact Not Fable
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-19 Fact Not Fable - 2
- 1 Corinthians 15:3 King of Our Lives
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 A Dead Man Cannot Save
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 An Instructed Faith
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 The Cross Speaks
- 1 Corinthians 15:4-6 The Real Deal
- 1 Corinthians 15:9 Responsibility
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 The Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 Saving Ourselves
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 Fear or Faith
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 A Sure Hope
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-26 Where Will Death Lead
- 1 Corinthians 15:17 Faith Rooted in History
- 1 Corinthians 15:19 Living for Eternity
- 1 Corinthians 15:20 The Triumph of Hope
- 1 Corinthians 15:20 Empty Explanations
- 1 Corinthians 15:22 The Transaction
- 1 Corinthians 15:22 Your Flight Is Confirmed
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 Sunrise Hope
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 The Death of Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:34 Ants and Elephant Seals
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 What Cancer Can't Do?
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 Lifelong but Temporary
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 Dirty Windows
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-58 Frozen Heads
- 1 Corinthians 15:42-49 Raised in Glory
- 1 Corinthians 15:42-49 New Bodies
- 1 Corinthians 15:42-53 The Planting
- 1 Corinthians 15:43 The Butterfly
- 1 Corinthians 15:43 The Adam Legacy
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-52 The Upside Of Dying
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 When the End is a Beginning
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 In His Presence
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 A New Edition
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 Waiting on Death Row
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 The End
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-56 For Whom the Bell Tolls
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 Keep Talking About Jesus
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 Pain No More
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 Scared to Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 A Mystery Solved
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 Not in Vain
- 1 Corinthians 15:53-57 Dying To Live
- 1 Corinthians 15:55 Three Certainties
- 1 Corinthians 15:55 “Dead Is Dead”
- 1 Corinthians 15:55 -57 What Will Happen?
- 1 Corinthians 15:56 The Sting
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 The Defeat of Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 Christ Our Champion
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Behind the Building
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Driven By Gratitude
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Never A Quitter
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Stand Firm
JOSEPH PARKER 1 Corinthians Sermons "The People's Bible"
- 1 Corinthians 15 The Resurrection of Christ
- 1 Corinthians 15 Paul Speaks of Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:35 The Basis of Unity
- 1 Corinthians 15 The Resurrection - How Important? - Paul E Brown
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-10 The Easter Message - David E Owen
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-22 What the Resurrection Means to You - Gene L Jeffries
- 1 Corinthians 15:13-19 The Resurrection of Christ and it's Meaning to us Today - Jesse M Hendley
- 1 Corinthians 15:34-54 Our Eternal Home - Dennis M Davidson
- 1 Corinthians 15:45-49 The Real Man - Jerry N Watts
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 Donning The Royal Robe - William F Harrell
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Getting Ahead This Year - Kenneth Hendricks
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Quit Thinking About Quitting - Jack Woodard
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 All Because of the Resurrection - Franklin L Kirksey
A W PINK
JOHN PIPER 1 Corinthians Sermons
- 1 Corinthians 15:10 Grace with You
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 Six Gifts of the Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 Pity Not Them Who Rise with Christ
- 1 Corinthians 15:17 Jesus Is Precious Because His Biblical Portrait Is True Part One
- 1 Corinthians 15:17-20 But Christ Has Been Raised You Are Not Still in Your Sins
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 He Must Reign
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 What Happens When You Die? The Dead Will Be Raised Imperishable
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 How God's Word Produces Our Work
- 1 Corinthians 15:55–57 Victor Watters Converses with Death- A Meditation on 1 Corinthians 15-55-57
MATTHEW POOLE Commentary 1 Corinthians
RICHARD PRATT - about 200 pages, essentially verse by verse
PREACHER'S COMMENTARY ON 1 CORINTHIANS 1 Corinthians A Homiletical Commentary
- 1 CORINTHIANS 15 CRITICAL NOTES -- following topics are covered
1 Corinthians 15 Whole Chapter - Homiletical Analysis
1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Paul and the Gospel - Homiletical Analysis
1 Corinthians 15:12-19 Does Death End All? - Homiletical Analysis
1 Corinthians 15:20-34 The Divine Goal of Creation History - Homiletical Analysis
1 Corinthians 15:35-58 First Adam/Last Adam; Body Sown/Body Raised
1 Corinthians 15:50-54 This Corruptible, This Mortal - Homiletical Analysis
1 Corinthians 15:55-58 Triumph, Theology, Duty - Homiletical Analysis
1 Corinthians 15:5-6 According to the Scriptures
1 Corinthians 15:38 God Giveth It a Body
1 Corinthians 15:6 Fallen Asleep
1 Corinthians 15:26 The Last Enemy
1 Corinthians 15:31 I Die Daily
1 Corinthians 15:33 What Advangage
1 Corinthians 15:33 Evil Communications Corrupt Good Manners
1 Corinthians 15:38 God Giveth It a Body
1 Corinthians 15 Homiletic Suggestions
PRECEPT AUSTIN - ON SITE RESOURCES
- The Resurrection of Christ - > 25 pages
- Sermon on the Resurrection
- Illustrations Related to the Resurrection of Christ
PRECEPT MINISTRIES Inductive Bible Study
- Lecture 7 What is the REAL Gospel? - 1 Corinthians 15
- Lecture 8 Life After Death - 1 Corinthians 15-16
- Lecture 9 The Resurrection-What's It Like? - 1 Corinthians 15-16
RAY PRITCHARD Keep Believing Ministries 1 Corinthians Sermons
Excellent sermons with illustrations and many practical applications.
- 1 Corinthians 15 The Hardest Doctrine to Believe- "The Resurrection of the Body"
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 What If
- 1 Corinthians 15:17-19 Going All In- "The Third Day He Rose from the Dead"
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-58 Acorns to Oak Trees: How are Dead Raised?
PULPIT COMMENTARY 1 Corinthians Sermons and Homiletics
Scroll Down Each Page for Homilies
WILLIAM M RAMSAY - HISTORICAL COMMENTARY ON THE EPISTLES TO THE CORINTHIANS
Background - Sir William M. Ramsay: Archaeologist and New Testament Scholar
Review by Cyril Barber - Ramsay’s writings are always worth reading. His discussions of perplexing issues are timely. He is unafraid of controversy, and his judgment on most issues is to be trusted. Two interesting chapters capture our attention: “Was Paul Married?” and “Had Paul Seen Jesus?” These essays originally appeared in The Expositor (1900--1901).
INDEX - click here and scroll down for the chapters listed below
REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE 1 CORINTHIANS
- 1 Cor 15:1
- 1 Cor 15:2
- 1 Cor 15:3–5
- 1 Cor 15:5–8
- 1 Cor 15:7
- 1 Cor 15:8
- 1 Cor 15:10
- 1 Cor 15:12
- 1 Cor 15:14
- 1 Cor 15:19
- 1 Cor 15:20
- 1 Cor 15:21
- 1 Cor 15:22
- 1 Cor 15:24–28
- 1 Cor 15:29
- 1 Cor 15:32
- 1 Cor 15:33
- 1 Cor 15:34
- 1 Cor 15:35
- 1 Cor 15:36
- 1 Cor 15:38
- 1 Cor 15:42–43
- 1 Cor 15:44
- 1 Cor 15:45
- 1 Cor 15:48
- 1 Cor 15:50
- 1 Cor 15:51
- 1 Cor 15:54–57
- 1 Cor 15:58
A. T. ROBERTSON Word Pictures in the New Testament 1 Corinthians
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-23 The Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Buried!
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 What Does Easter Mean?
- 1 Corinthians 15:2 What Difference Does It Make?
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 Because He Lives
- 1 Corinthians 15:14 Faith and Logic
- 1 Corinthians 15:57-58 Since Jesus is Alive…
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Will You Stay?
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 What if There Had Been No Easter?
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-22, 25-26 The Day Christ Died
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 In the Twinkling of an Eye
JOHNNY L SANDERS - 319 pages, verse by verse commentary, well-done
In addition to verse by verse, Dr Sanders has occasional illustrations and also does phrase by phrase - very useful if you are preaching through 1 Corinthians.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-5(pdf)
- 1 Corinthians 15:7-11(pdf)
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19(pdf)
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28(pdf)
- 1 Corinthians 15:29-34(pdf)
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-44(pdf)
- 1 Corinthians 15:45-49(pdf)
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-56(pdf)
- 1 Corinthians 15:57-58(pdf)
SERMON AUDIO - pdf transcripts - variable quality. Be a Berean.
SERMON BIBLE COMMENTARY 1 Corinthians
Excerpts from many expositors.
CHARLES SIMEON Sermons on 1 Corinthians
NOTE: If you are not familiar with the great saint Charles Simeon see Dr John Piper's discussion of Simeon's life - you will want to read Simeon's sermons after meeting him! - click Brothers We Must Not Mind a Little Suffering (Mp3 even better
- 1 Corinthians 15:1, 2 CHRIST A DYING AND A RISEN SAVIOUR
- 1 Corinthians 15:10 ALL OF GRACE
- 1 Corinthians 15:17, 18 THE NECESSITY OF CHRIST’S RESURRECTION
- 1 Corinthians 15:22 ADAM A TYPE OF CHRIST
- 1 Corinthians 15:31 DYING DAILY
- 1 Corinthians 15:34 THE SHAMEFULNESS OF BEING IGNORANT OF GOD
- 1 Corinthians 15:51–58 DEATH A CONQUERED ENEMY
CHUCK SMITH 1 Corinthians Commentary
- 1 Corinthians 15 Commentary
- Sermon Notes for 1 Corinthians 15:20
- Sermon Notes for 1 Corinthians 15:35
JAMES SMITH - HANDFULS OF PURPOSE
- THE SIGNIFICANCE OF CHRIST'S RESURRECTION. 1 Corinthians 15:12-23
- THE FINAL VICTORY. 1 Corinthians 15:51-58
R C SPROUL - Ligonier Devotionals
- 1 Corinthians 15:1–58 Dying in Faith
- 1 Corinthians 15:3–34 The Surety of Our Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:3–34 The Hope of Christ’s Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-28 Is There Life After Death?
- 1 Corinthians 15:3–34 Christ is Risen
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-22 Trusting in Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-24 The Covenant Fulfilled
- 1 Corinthians 15:20–28 The Everlasting Reign
- 1 Corinthians 15:20–23 Christ’s Resurrection and Ours
- 1 Corinthians 15:35–49 Rising from the Dust
- 1 Corinthians 15:35–49 Bearing the Man of Heaven’s Image
- 1 Corinthians 15:50–58 An Imperishable Body
C. H. SPURGEON All His Sermons on 1 Corinthians
- 1 Corinthians 15:6 Fallen Asleep
- 1 Corinthians 15:6 The Fallen Asleep - Sermon Notes
- 1 Corinthians 15:8 A Leap Year Sermon
- 1 Corinthians 15:10 Lesson on Divine Grace
- 1 Corinthians 15:10 Paul's Parenthesis
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 “If There Is No Resurrection”
- 1 Corinthians 15:9 Alas For Us If You Were All Nought Beyond O Earth
- 1 Corinthians 15:20 Resurrection—Christ the First Fruits
- 1 Corinthians 15:25 Good News for Loyal Subjects
- 1 Corinthians 15:25 He Must Reign
- 1 Corinthians 15:26 Christ the Destroyer of Death
- 1 Corinthians 15:26 The Last Enemy Destroyed
- 1 Corinthians 15:31 Dying Daily
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-38 I Shall Rise Again (Resurgam)
- 1 Corinthians 15:55-58 A Challenge and a War Cry
- 1 Corinthians 15:56-57 Thoughts on the Last Battle
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Motives for Steadfastness
C H SPURGEON Devotionals from Morning and Evening 1 Corinthians
C H Spurgeon Expositions on 1 Corinthians
RAY STEDMAN Expository Studies in First Corinthians
Cyril Barber - Excellent examples of biblical exposition, revealing at the same time rich insights into Paul's life and thought. Highly recommended.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Of First Importance
- 1 Corinthians 15:5-11 They Saw Him Alive
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 What If?
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-34 Then Comes The End
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49 The New Body: What Is It Like?
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 The Victory Of The Mystery
JOHN STEVENSON - has some nice tables and diagrams
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 - Evidences for the Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-34 - We Will Rise
- 1 Corinthians 15:29 - A brief Explanation of the Passage about being Baptized for the Dead
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-58 - The Resurrection Body
JOSEPH SUTCLIFFE Commentary 1 Corinthians
THEOLOGY OF WORK 1 CORINTHIANS
THEOLOGY OF WORK - From the Theology of Work Project. CLICK HERE FOR LIST OF COMMENTARIES ON ALL 66 BOOKS - click "Bible Commentary" in upper left corner, select book of interest. (This work was published as a book in 2014-2016) but is available at no charge on the web.
THIRD MILLENNIUM - Study Notes
- Doctrine of the Resurrection - 1 Corinthians 15:1-58
- Behold Christ's Glorious Resurrection - 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
- The Resurrection of Jesus: Why Was Jesus Resurrected?
- The gospel I preached - 1 Corinthians 15:1
- By this gospel you are saved - 1 Corinthians 15:2
- He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures - 1 Corinthians 15:3-5
- He appeared - 1 Corinthians 15:6-8
- By the grace of God I am what I am - 1 Corinthians 15:9-11
- Behold the Believers' Resurrection in the Consummation of the Kingdom - 1 Corinthians 15:12-34
- For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either - 1 Corinthians 15:12-19
- The firstfruits - 1 Corinthians 15:20
- For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive - 1 Corinthians 15:21-23
- Creation, Fall, Redemption: Why is Everything So Bad?
- Then the end will come - 1 Corinthians 15:24-28
- Baptized for the dead? - 1 Corinthians 15:29
- Bad company corrupts good character - 1 Corinthians 15:30-34
- Behold the Resurrection Kingdom Bodies - 1 Corinthians 15:35-49
- What kind of body will they become? - 1 Corinthians 15:35-41
- Perishable ... imperishable ... dishonor ... glory ... weakness ... power ... natural ... spiritual - 1 Corinthians 15:42-44
- So shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven - 1 Corinthians 15:45-49
- Behold the Conclusions Regarding the Kingdom Resurrection - 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
- Flesh and blood - 1 Corinthians 15:50
- We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed - 1 Corinthians 15:51-53
- Death has been swallowed up in victory - 1 Corinthians 15:54-57
- Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord - 1 Corinthians 15:58
TODAY IN THE WORD Devotional Illustrations 1 Corinthians
DAVID THOMPSON - each Pdf is about 3 pages long and there are 75 messages
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
- 1 Corinthians 15:12-19
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-28
- 1 Corinthians 15:29-34
- 1 Corinthians 15:35-49
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
JOHN TRAPP Commentary 1 Corinthians
MARVIN VINCENT Testament Word Studies 1 Corinthians
STEVE ZEISLER 1 Corinthians Sermons
SERMONS BY VERSE - older expositors