- Henry Alford's acclaimed NT Commentary (Mt-Rev indexed by chapter, English and Greek editions).
- Need some encouragement to be an encourager? Study the great Greek verb Parakaleo - call alongside to help!
- Question: Should professing Christians "Test themselves" to see if they are in the faith? See commentary on 2Corinthians 13:5
- Needed: Christians living with a sense of imminency and urgency redeeming the time in the work of and in the Lord! Read, memorize, meditate on, and be motivated by 1Corinthians 15:58 - see commentary
- Isaiah 6 Commentary - I Saw the LORD!
- After a year of teaching & writing on Daniel the Commentary is finished! Hallelujah!
Daniel 11 Commentary(1) -- Da 11:1-19
- Daniel 11 Commentary(2) -- Da 11:20-45
- Daniel 12 Commentary
- Daniel Commentary - links to every chapter and verse
- Daniel 10 Commentary - Preface for a Prophecy of the Last Days
- Major Revisions on -
- Daniel 9:24 Commentary
- Daniel 9:25 Commentary
- Daniel 9:26 Commentary
- Daniel 9:27 Commentary
- Daniel 9 Commentary (Part 1) - A Great Pattern for Prayer for a Nation in Need of Deliverance!
- A "sampling" of the fruit one can glean from Inductive Bible Study
- Daniel 8 Commentary
- New Testament Resources Updated - 100's of new resources including Bengel's Gnomon of the NT, Joseph Parker (>1000 pages on Matthew),
- What are you clinging to? See study of the picturesque verb kollao
- What does it mean to be a diakonos (servant, minister, deacon) in the NT?
- Word Study on Greek Verb Kaleo = to call - and its interesting nuances
- John 19:30 Commentary - some overlap with discussion "It is Finished" below
- "It is finished" (Jn 19:30) Click discussion of the incredible picture of our Savior's cry of Victory which secured our Victory over the world, the flesh and the devil !
- Revised study on Charis = Gk for Grace - Why is it so "amazing?"
- What is Sin? - A Short Study of the Greek Word Hamartia
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 Commentary - A New Creature in Christ
- What Does It Mean to Be "In Christ"?
- What Does the Bible say about the "World" aka the "Kosmos"?
- Proverbs 29:18 Comments on a Commonly Misinterpreted Verse - "Where there is no vision the people perish"
- Judges Commentaries - Updated with many additions
- Topical Discussion: The Deceitfulness of Sin
- Sermons by Charles Simeon - Hebrews, 1Peter, 2 Peter, Judges
- (NOTE: If you are not familiar with the great saint Charles Simeon see Dr John Piper's discussion of Simeon's life - you will want to read Simeon's sermons after meeting him! - click Brothers We Must Not Mind a Little Suffering (Mp3 even better)
- The name of God is Adonai - My Lord, My Master
- Isaiah 5 Commentary - "Parable" of the Vineyard
- Integrity - A Few Thoughts
- Daniel 1 Commentary
- Daniel 2 Commentary -- Daniel 2:1-23
- Daniel 2 Commentary -- Daniel 2:24-49
- Daniel 3 Commentary
- Daniel 4 Commentary
- Daniel 5 Commentary
- Daniel 6 Commentary
- Daniel 7 Commentary -- Daniel 7:1-6
- Daniel 7 Commentary -- Daniel 7:7-14
- Daniel 7 Commentary -- Daniel 7:15-28
- Jesus Teaches on the Principle of Prophetic "Time Gaps"
- The Judgment Seat of Christ - How to live with a "Bema Seat" Mentality (Commentary on 2Corinthians 5:10)
- Goel - Our Kinsman Redeemer - In Shadow (Type) & Substance
- Blood Avenger - Avenges Man's "Murder", Reclaims Title Deed of Earth
- Isaiah Devotionals - from a friend of mine
- John 3:30 Commentary "He must increase, but I must decrease"
- Memory Verses by Topic - memorize so you can fight the good fight (Mt 4:4, Job 23:12-note)
- Mark Commentaries, Sermons, Devotionals - completely revised 8/2/09
- Beginning to see signs of "spiritual burnout"? - Study the concept of "Rest" in the Bible
- Old Testament Passages in the NT
- #1 problem in churches in America = Unforgiveness, resentment, bitterness - see revisions of expositions on-Forgiveness in Col 3:13, Forgiveness in Mt 6:12; Forgiveness" in Eph 4:32
- Commentary on Isaiah 4:1 Isaiah 4:2-6 The Branch of Jehovah
- Commentary on Galatians 6:14 In What Do You Boast?
- Commentary on 1 Corinthians 6:18; 1 Corinthians 6:19; 1 Corinthians 6:20
- Commentary on 1John 3:1 1John 3:2 1John 3:3
- Commentary on 1John 2:15 1John 2:16 1John 2:17
- Kosmos = Greek word for the World - In Depth Word Study
- Commentary on James 4:4 and
- Commentary on James 4:5 - a difficult passage to interpret
- Commentary on James 4:6 4:7 4:8 4:9 4:10 - God gives grace to the humble
- Commentary 2Corinthians 12:9, 12:10 His grace made perfect in our weakness
- Isaiah 40:31 - How to "Fly Like An Eagle"
- Isaiah Verse by Verse Commentary - Isaiah 1-3 are completed
- Jehovah Shammah - The LORD is There
- A Brief Excursus on Idolatry and Immorality
- Philippians 4:13 - completely revised - I can do all things through Him...
- David and Goliath -revised/updated
- Revised/updated - Ecclesiastes Resources
- Isaiah Commentary - Isaiah 1:1 - just beginning (long project)
- James 1:1-25 Commentary
- 1Corinthians 10:13 No Temptation or Test Too Great - Commentary
- Commentary on Proverbs 5:1-14; 5:15-23; 6:20-35; 7:1-27
- Proverbs 4:23 Commentary - Guard Your Heart
- Daniel 9:24-27 Commentary on the Greatest Messianic Prophecy
- Timeline of Daniel's Seventieth Week Updated
- 1Corinthians 13:4-7 Commentary - Christian Love
- 2Corinthians 10:3-5 Commentary - Taking Every Thought Captive
- 2Corinthians 7:1 Commentary Perfecting Holiness
- James 2:14-26 Commentary - Faith and Works
- Psalm 1 Commentary
- Job 23:12 the "Secret" of his perseverance
- Table comparing the Rapture and the Second Coming
- Ezra 7:10 Principle - "secret" of Spirit empowered, God Glorifying Preaching
- Romans 6:11 The Believer's Emancipation Proclamation - Updated
- Suffering and trials 1Peter 1:6; 1:7
- Commentary on Proverbs 13:13
- Galatians 5:16-26 - in depth commentary - What does it means to Walk by the Spirit?
- Do you know Him as your El Shaddai - God Almighty?
- Jehovah - I Am
- Study of Types - Typology - Overview, Guidelines, Warnings
- The Fruit of the Spirit...Exposition of Galatians 5:22 and Galatians 5:23
- Hundreds of illustrations on Proverbs 1-31...
- Proverbs Sermon Illustrations 1 (Proverbs 1-12)
- Proverbs Sermon Illustrations 2 (Proverbs 13-19)
- Proverbs Sermon Illustrations 3 (Proverbs 20-31)
- Acts 16 Commentary Acts 17 Commentary
- Ephesians Commentary - Verse by Verse Notes, Ephesians 1-6
- In Depth Commentary on Covenant: Covenant of Marriage; Covenant: Abrahamic vs Old vs New; Covenant: Why the New is Better; Covenant: New Covenant in the Old Testament; Covenant: Abrahamic versus Mosaic; Covenant: Withholding Nothing from God
- 1 Timothy 4:7-11 Commentary
- Commentary on Ruth (kinsman-redeemer) - updated & revised
- Galatians 2:20 commentary
- The Incredible Prophecy of Isaiah 61:1-3
- The Millennium 1-Why did the Early Church drift from literal interpretation of Rev 20?
- The Millennium 2-What is the context? What events lead up to the Millennium?
- The Millennium 3-How does the OT describe the 1000 year Messianic Age?
- Messianic Prophecies
- Jehovah Jireh - God our Provider
- The Power of God's Word - A Simple Inductive Study for your class
- "Israel of God" - Is God "Finished" with Israel in His prophetic plan?
- Psalms - over 400 Devotionals from Our Daily Bread Indexed by Scripture
- Jehovah Nissi the LORD our Banner (Exposition of Exodus 17:8-16)
- What is Christian Hope? = A Blessed Hope
- How to Handle Fear
- Spiritual Gifts Chart
- Day of the LORD - What? When? How Do I Respond?
- Covenant of Marriage
- Jehovah 'Ezer = the LORD my Help
- Inductive Bible Study - Observation Interpretation Application
- How to Do Greek Word Study on the Web revised
- In Need of Help? Lift up your eyes. See notes on Ps 121
- Name of the LORD studies -Name of the LORD a strong tower
- Precept Ministries 40-Minute Studies - Call 1-800-763-8280
- Click for schedule of Precept Training Workshops in the United States
What is Salvation?
See what God says:
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Hover pointer over blue links
Why do I need salvation?
Take a walk down the...
(in both the Old and the New Testament)
Would you go to heaven if you died tonight?
Do you want to go to heaven?
Do you want to know the way?
Read the 2 short pamphlets below by D L Moody
The Way to God & How to Find It
Heaven: Where It Is, Its Inhabitants & How To Get There
Are you skeptical?
Click Here for booklet:
Can I Really Trust The Bible?
Bryon Paulus, director of Life Action Ministries, has said our greatest obstacle for revival is failure to pray, to plead, to intercede, to cry out. Leonard Ravenhill summed it up...
May God Grant Us Grace|
To Intercede For America
While we still have time!
God addressed Israel in the following famous passage but the timeless principle is apropos to believers in America ...
Our Heavenly Father desires to hear His children cry out with "fasting, sackcloth and ashes" (Da 9:3), reflecting not the external appearance of our bodies, but more accurately the internal condition of our hearts - sinful (Da 9:5 - "we" not "they"!), rejecting His Holy Word (Da 9:6-"we"), shameful (Da 9:8-"us"), contrite, and broken (Ps 51:17), over our national rejection of God's righteous and holy Name...
Daniel's prayer (Da 9:3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19) is an excellent "template" for all saints to emulate as we begin to intercede with a sense of urgency for America and especially for God's Name and reputation considering that the world thinks of us as a "Christian nation" and we once called ourselves "One Nation Under God"!
Matthew Henry's comments on Lev 26:40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 (directed first to Israel but applicable to any nation that rejects Him)
DISCLAIMER: Preceptaustin is an independent website and is not affiliated with Precept Ministries International. The resources on Preceptaustin are provided for the purpose of edification of the body of Christ and should be consulted only after examining the Scriptures inductively (see Inductive Bible Study). The resources on this site are neither specifically endorsed by nor representative of the resources available at Precept Ministries International. (See Bible Study)
"I came that they might have life & might have it abundantly" John 10:10
Unless otherwise noted all "Scripture quotations taken from the New American Standard Bible ,Copyright © 1960, 62, 63, 68, 71, 72, 73, 75, 77, 95 by Lockman Foundation Used by permission www.Lockman.org